Benson Barberry

Breeding needs a drastic look at.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:16 AM, John Doe said:

At the start for my bears it was around 5-6 minutes before hp would drop to 0 and I managed to stabilize it. 

18 hours ago, John Doe said:

Baby bear after 60% with 440 hp max drops it in around 3mins and the one with 760 in around 5mins, so time increases with max health and might be a solution.

It seems to me now that every baby bear has different health drop rate. they are much tougher now and with max 500hp I bet they'll survive for 15 minutes or longer when hot or cold. after they are juvenile that'll probably change. 

-or it was baby protection and now it's dropping quicker. I won't count that though.

On 2/23/2019 at 12:56 AM, Demosthenes said:

Not worth it went from 121% dmg to 142% and no increase in level from a baby. No Mutation as of yet but have three other babies raising atm, as well as the original first baby gestating for it child. Looking forward to super breeding. 

For my best baby bear it went from around 160%dmg to 195%. Basic attack now is 66 and with nature's cry 133. I'm impressed.

Edited by John Doe

On 2/23/2019 at 12:56 AM, John Doe said:

I wonder if on temperate we could manage to breed them for free.

goes away after they are 100%

On 2/23/2019 at 6:13 AM, MrHeid said:

I don't think the eating feature is working. I logged to a baby 8.8% with full inventory of meat and 3 trophs of meat.  Woke up 6 hrs later to a bag of spoiled meat and full trophs

Mine is. have som 20 babies all bred from start they can stay alone juts fine.. Dont use meat it spoils to fast

We haven't had much of a problem with temps anymore.  But the 40 hours and keeping the food trough full so you can't get any sleep is simply abuse-by-devs.  Game over for solo players or small clans in the same time zone.  

2 hours ago, Fynneous said:

We haven't had much of a problem with temps anymore.  But the 40 hours and keeping the food trough full so you can't get any sleep is simply abuse-by-devs.  Game over for solo players or small clans in the same time zone.  

not even a problem anymore.. i spend 1 hour with a baby when its born, then it can hold enough food to last till it can get to the trough, i only come back and check it for the imprinting. No need to sit with it for hours. 

If your food is decaying faster than the animal can eat it look into growing some veggies as they provide more food meaning the eat less, and they last forever in a trough.

If your living in an area that tempeture needs constant monitoring. might want to look into renting land in temperate zones.  

Since the new patches last week i have bread close to 35 baby bears and lost 0 to food or temp issues.

PS im a solo breeder

Edited by Pax
  • Like 2

Things are not going well at breeding, yesterday we tried to grow a baby bear in the tropical area, as we noticed, at night the cube had no problem, even if the cold sign appeared, we did not see any problems even when the wave heat, but the excessive heat sign appears sometime before mid-day and evening

A short time, about 12-16 minutes in our normal time, but the cube takes more than 80% damage, any attempt to lower the temperature failed, we took the shore into the small water, I took the cube in deep water, likewise, no change, at maturity 10.5% died, i think devs need to work more on breeding, it must be accessible in all biomes, i do not think we have to make a base in each biome,

you  dont need a base in  every biome. YOu need to learn what the range of temp the animal wants and keep it there. Tropical and polar are the hardest to breed in because of the extreme temps.  you dont have to own land in another biom to breed there can do it from a boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:35 PM, John Doe said:

also no mutations.

I have had a bear mutation, but I will be damned if I can figure out what it is. Nothing in looks or stats I can see is appreciably different.

50 minutes ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

I have had a bear mutation, but I will be damned if I can figure out what it is. Nothing in looks or stats I can see is appreciably different.

in Ark the way mutations worked

-mutation could be a color or a stat increase

-Stat increase was 2 extra points into random stats

-Color was a random color on one of the regions of the animal. Problem with color is it picked  region1-6 but some animals dont have all 6 regions so could be a region NOT on your animal and no visible change

Edited by Pax

Right now we are with bears in K12, temperate climate, but bad luck, bad climate for mating. How do we do? Do we put the bears mating at K9 and then take them to K12? Who understands how breeding works? I think it's a faulty mechanics

Why Atlas breeding is bullshit? Let me explain ! Today we have raised a bear cube, what  is the problem with Atlas breeding !?, between 0 and 12% maturation when the icon of excessive heat cube comes to damage 0.1 0.2 points, as the maturity increases damage increases to 0.2 0 , 3, after 20% damage is 0.4 0.5 what's stupid instead of helping us grow cub, devs make a crap mechanic of breeding, is really waste of time to spend 30- 40 hours on breeding for a cube wild level 18, we found a wild level 29, after taming was 40, and raise at 75 !!!

Later Edit We are at 31 % maturation amd damage raise at 0,5 0, 7 at 20 degree Celsius, THIS IS SHIT BREEDING DEVS !

Edited by kolonelu

I feel that they should stop being temp dependent after the baby phase, like you have to set up to work hard to get it past baby then like hey good job temp don't effect it anymore. temp control it was a neat thought on paper not in game  if this was ark were you could ac it then ok you set ac to temp and you can only raise x type of tame ok would of worked, or have the range of temps stay in range in the area that there saying to raise it in.

17 hours ago, Skinner NA PVE said:

I raised over a dozen bear cubes and had zero temperature impacts. Move to temperate and watch your cubes grow like crazy.

ID like to see a movie, a proof, we try all breeding possible, we start mating on tropical area, BEAR CONSIDER TEMPERATE BIOME NOT SUITABLE FOR MATING!, and yes, we take the female on the ship and run to tropical bione, but most important u need to keep baby bear on the ship and move from shore to deep water, because on tropical area 20 degree come fast, around 6.30 or 7.30 hours.etc, BUT DONT DESERVE A CUBE LEVEL 18 to stay in game 40-50 hours, we found on arctic area bears level 29, we make them wild 40 and final was 75!!!!!!

BREEDING IS SHIT !

Edited by kolonelu

Dont breed animals in the wrong biomes, its made for you to travel to get the breeding done, we have no problems breeding bears in the territory we live in, we have a problem with crows, but then we need to have a small outpost in the dessert biome. Every animal must have their temp to be able to breed

Edited by Knivet

45 minutes ago, kolonelu said:

ID like to see a movie, a proof, we try all breeding possible, we start mating on tropical area, BEAR CONSIDER TEMPERATE BIOME NOT SUITABLE FOR MATING!, and yes, we take the female on the ship and run to tropical bione, but most important u need to keep baby bear on the ship and move from shore to deep water, because on tropical area 20 degree come fast, around 6.30 or 7.30 hours.etc, BUT DONT DESERVE A CUBE LEVEL 18 to stay in game 40-50 hours, we found on arctic area bears level 29, we make them wild 40 and final was 75!!!!!!

BREEDING IS SHIT !

I can tell you that you didnt try, 

1. Breed in a Temp Bio

2. Leave mother near baby (avoids death by loneliness)

3. Keep babies inventory full of berries until 10% matured (then they feed from trough)

4. Keep trough full of berries

5. If breeding large groups have multiple trough, 10 “cubes” will empty a single trough in less than 8 hours.

PS full maturity is 50 hours, so they need to be tended closely the first 2 hours, then check them every 30 minutes till the 5th hour when they can eat from troughs 

Edited by Skinner NA PVE
  • Like 1

Want to know the funniest thing about raising bears for me?  We had a lovely base in a western temperate and every bear we tried to raise there died of overheat.  We moved our "breeding base" to the northern side of the same island and were able to AFK 30 bear cubs with ZERO temperature problems.  It was just a matter of moving to the other side of the island for us .. pretty funny right?

• Like 1

I’m not sure if I just haven’t looked into it enough but can you only have female babies? I’ve tried breeding with several different types of animals and only end up with females. A little disheartening. Wondering if I’ve been doing something wrong?

Biomes for breeding are correct the temperature can be different due to height or different sides of the same island.  You the breeder has a couple of ways to achieve success. You can stay in the mating biome and raise the babies which could require A lot of iceboxes and fires or grills. Also, you need to know you cannot breed them on a boat in the correct biome it will say "not desirable biome for mating". You have to be on land in the correct biome. I will take animals on a boat put them on land breed them then ship them back to temperate this is easier with giraffes elephants and rhinos cause the gestation is 6 hours or thereabouts. I know some people who set up bases in the correct biomes and breed and raise them there although this is more hands-on until the animal gets 10%. I breed in the correct biome ship them back to temperate and use a raised floor with campfires underneath. This I found is easiest for me doing it solo one fire is give or take 1-1.5 C degree change. I just set the fires to load them with at least 1k wood and this will last for 8 hours which is what rhinos elephants giraffes razortooth tourtugars require to get to 10%. I know some people use torches. I found in tropical and desert the temp swing from day to night is so great its hands-on till you get to 10%. You can do veggies eaters with berries though they spoil fast. A good rule for the survival of your babies which is overkill but works is one trough per baby. Meat eaters Razortooth lions tigers etc should have cooked meat this last about 13 hours with one trough per baby full. Once they get past the first day they eat a lot less. One trough per baby first night is a good formula for success. Egg incubation I only do in temperate with grills and you have to find the mix right now in my egg incubator I have 13 grills arranged in a special pattern which I use for razor tooth and tortugar eggs it a set and forget configuration that incubates the 4-hour eggs. Once you can load the baby with 6 slots of 100% food they will live till they eat off the trough some animals only need 5 slots but each type of animal is different. Also, the time that the food expires is different a lot of breeders grow potatoes cause these are the best for veggie eaters.

Your Welcome,

Skeetathon     skkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

PS. You guys are lucky that we that have been doing it from day one showed the devs, in the beginning, the temperature affected the animal for the whole time period so the only way we did it, in the beginning, was by smoking crack rocks.

Edited by shoestatus@gmail.com