Benson Barberry

Breeding needs a drastic look at.

seriously would love to get my hands in breeding but unlike some im not interested in spending 50 hours babysitting.  In addition heatwaves kill babies and the pathfinder can do nothing about it.  seriously fix this id suggest lowering the breed time to 24 hours at least and fix the heatwave mechanic.

Has this been fixed now? Said in patch the cold and heat  doesn't kill them now.

I've not tried it yet but hopefully it has changed slightly. 

i managed to stabilize the temperature so they can pass hot and cold i checked it for 7 h to be sure . at 15% i went afk for more than 1h and got d/c they died cause of food with full inventory and feeding troughs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hiddenftw said:

i managed to stabilize the temperature so they can pass hot and cold i checked it for 7 h to be sure . at 15% i went afk for more than 1h and got d/c they died cause of food with full inventory and feeding troughs.

4 hours ago, Ivan_Platin said:

I try it yesterday all 7 babys died -.- no they dont fix it!

Our bear babies continue to die, too. The temperature is much better. This works. But now the babies are dying of starving even they have full inventory / feeders with food. We may have noticed today what the reason can be. As soon as you leave the area where the baby animal is, it stops eating. If you come back, it starts again.
We do not know if it is a bug or if it is so wanted. However, it would still mean that it is impossible for single players or small companies to breed, otherwise you would have to be 24/7 in the area of the animal baby.
Do others have this problem too? Sorry for my english..

• Like 1

yes exactly the same problem i have too... i mean i try to breading alone. We are 4 mates and everyone need to go working its impossible to breeding without leaving the area.

My babys always die if i leave the area for more than 5-10 minutes 

its slowly just only sad 

17 hours ago, Veini said:

Our bear babies continue to die, too. The temperature is much better. This works. But now the babies are dying of starving even they have full inventory / feeders with food. We may have noticed today what the reason can be. As soon as you leave the area where the baby animal is, it stops eating. If you come back, it starts again.
We do not know if it is a bug or if it is so wanted. However, it would still mean that it is impossible for single players or small companies to breed, otherwise you would have to be 24/7 in the area of the animal baby.
Do others have this problem too? Sorry for my english..

Have you tried using a NPC and put it near the bear while you move away? Will it still eat?

I've only ever tried breeding on 1 chicken and that was bad enough, gave up. I can't sit there 24/7 but not tried with NPC

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Have you tried using a NPC and put it near the bear while you move away? Will it still eat?

I've only ever tried breeding on 1 chicken and that was bad enough, gave up. I can't sit there 24/7 but not tried with NPC

Yes, we tested the NPC crew. Unfortunately it does not work either. The baby stops eating anyway.

Need to remove weather effects from baby animals after the first 8 hours this would be more realistic. The fact that as they get older damage to them is multiplied is stupid it should be reversed. I only raised one baby bear and that was bad enough almost died 11 times.

Basically you have to stay with them when there you until they get enough food where you can live them for several hours.  We did a bear this weekend and it worked fine but from like 0-40% you need someone feeding it pretty often.

well, mine died to heat yesterday so id say it's not working I was in L4. If I go one up its Tundra then I need to manage 25 fires depending on cold which is what I did with the one I raised successfully.

The system they have now is damage per tick to the baby animal gets worse the older it gets. I forgot the exact numbers but it starts at .05 or .5 then .10 then .15 or something the older it gets. so you could lose one at 95% maturation in 5 minutes cause damage model is that bad due to hot or cold islands.

It's almost impossible breed without stay 24 hours online. Bears are dying really fast with hot temperature (20 - 23 C), being this temperature normal at afternoon where their parents live.

I created a topic in  Feedback and Suggestions, but I think they don't care to change anything about breeding.

Edited by Herc9

10 hours ago, Herc9 said:

It's almost impossible breed without stay 24 hours online. Bears are dying really fast with hot temperature (20 - 23 C), being this temperature normal at afternoon where their parents live.

I created a topic in  Feedback and Suggestions, but I think they don't care to change anything about breeding.

This has all been fixed now.....

In the last 30hours i have spent maybe 5 hours with my babies in temperate and all 8 of them are just fine. 

Here are the patch notes they ahve dropped. 

v18.9

- Fixed an issue with babies not eating from inventory/troughs when in stasis.

v18.84

Creatures & Tames
- Baby creatures will no longer take into account the temperature alterations from coldfront and heatwave

Edited by Pax

On 2/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, shoestatus@gmail.com said:

The system they have now is damage per tick to the baby animal gets worse the older it gets. I forgot the exact numbers but it starts at .05 or .5 then .10 then .15 or something the older it gets. so you could lose one at 95% maturation in 5 minutes cause damage model is that bad due to hot or cold islands.

At the start for my bears it was around 5-6 minutes before hp would drop to 0 and I managed to stabilize it. When they reached 60% maturation, I was lucky to find them alive. It was last bell with less than 3 minutes. Now they're 69 and I think I'll stay awake to correct temperature.

I have just managed to finish maturing a baby bear in tundra with 4 cooking pots and 3 camp fires, approx 27k worth of wood and a shit sleep pattern. Not worth it went from 121% dmg to 142% and no increase in level from a baby. No Mutation as of yet but have three other babies raising atm, as well as the original first baby gestating for it child. Looking forward to super breeding. 

Baby bear after 60% with 440 hp max drops it in around 3mins and the one with 760 in around 5mins, so time increases with max health and might be a solution.

Edited by John Doe

7 hours ago, Demosthenes said:

I have just managed to finish maturing a baby bear in tundra with 4 cooking pots and 3 camp fires, approx 27k worth of wood 

I wonder if on temperate we could manage to breed them for free.

On 2/21/2019 at 7:48 AM, Pax said:

This has all been fixed now.....

In the last 30hours i have spent maybe 5 hours with my babies in temperate and all 8 of them are just fine. 

Here are the patch notes they ahve dropped. 

v18.9

- Fixed an issue with babies not eating from inventory/troughs when in stasis.

v18.84

Creatures & Tames
- Baby creatures will no longer take into account the temperature alterations from coldfront and heatwav

I don't think the eating feature is working. I logged to a baby 8.8% with full inventory of meat and 3 trophs of meat.  Woke up 6 hrs later to a bag of spoiled meat and full trophs

29 minutes ago, MrHeid said:

I don't think the eating feature is working. I logged to a baby 8.8% with full inventory of meat and 3 trophs of meat.  Woke up 6 hrs later to a bag of spoiled meat and full trophs

You need to feed babies to their inventories till 10% of maturation. I recommend to feed them berries instead of meat, beacause they spoil slower. They eat also wheat, turnip, potatoes and probably more. After 10% they can eat from feeding throughs and if you also set temperature right, you can leave them for some time.