Benson Barberry

Breeding needs a drastic look at.

We have tried breeding, numerous times under different conditions and not a single one of them actually work in a form that's reliable. We have been breeding bears on and off for awhile now, Western temperate region where the weather conditions are practically perfect for bears all the time par a heatwave, things were special this time around... our bear gave birth to a 172 female alpha baby bear. on official pve EU, have screenshots for anyone that cares to dispute not sure if bug or intended but thats beside the point, Babys health pool was much larger than every other baby bear we have had, we sit hand feeding it for the first couple of hours and first heatwave hits, goes up to 25, bear starts losing hp but its only around .1 or so every second. temp drops back under 19 babys health stabilizes out and all is fine, another 12 hrs goes by everything is fine, 1st imprint done waiting on 2nd now, i wait for 2nd imprint to be needed tell my company mate that they need to click the  bear and proceed to log off, within 5 hours after that 2nd imprint, when the baby should've been even more healthy than prior another heatwave hits, this time the baby is rapidly losing HP around 3hp a second. Baby dies at 40% maturation with 2 imprint buffs to a heatwave it survived at 7%. We have about 8 penguins in that room around the bear and still nothing. Enable different building materials to have different insulation values, ex: Thatch is better at shedding heat during heatwaves, stone is better at holding heat during cold fronts, we still have to have these buildings made, we still have to be online to move the tame to them, this doesn't make it stupidly easy nor does it not make sense, buildings made of different materials in real life have different insulation values,  or give us some form of an ice pack we need to craft in the tundra and bring back for cooling our tames down since penguins do not function as an A/C unit like they did in Ark. 20+ hours of dicking around with campfires lost to a 5 minute weather event. Im fine with wasting 50 hours of my life baby sitting that little turd over 2+ days. But if i've met every condition for the baby to survive at a weaker stage in its life. it should be able to survive a heatwave when its health pool is more than double than what it was originally. Throwing buckets of water on it or bringing it to the water does nothing in terms of lowering its temp.

Please look into changing this, the longevity of breeding right now is looking dim.

Photos are from right after birth, didnt screenshot after imprint but melee was 247% and health was 1.4k at juvi stage after 1 imprint.

Benson Barberry

Potato Company - D5 EU Sirens Call PvE

bear 1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

We were 32 minutes away from 3rd imprint when we lost 4 cubs due to heat,  we were able to keep them alive in heatwave temp of 64 for 30+ hours but for unknown reasons they ended up taking major damage and water didn't cool them. How do you go 30+ hours in the same temps, location and all is fine but then bugs out and the cubs die?

1 hour ago, lilz said:

We were 32 minutes away from 3rd imprint when we lost 4 cubs due to heat,  we were able to keep them alive in heatwave temp of 64 for 30+ hours but for unknown reasons they ended up taking major damage and water didn't cool them. How do you go 30+ hours in the same temps, location and all is fine but then bugs out and the cubs die?

Because the devs hate us and want us all to go insane

5 hours ago, Benson Barberry said:

For real 😞  the breeding possibilities too cause it was a female 😕 am really gutted lol

I can imagine, the possibilities for that cub was endless. Now just ended

I've been saying this for quite some time, even quoted Jat's ridiculous justification and telling him as a player I want game mechanics that make sense and this whole breeding system doesn't. Of course, there was no response or any acknowledgment that their silly excuse for a breeding system needs to be revamped. 

Creatures breed naturally in the wild all the damn time. There's only a handful that needs to go through some ridiculous journey to pull it off, as in the case of salmon for example. And even that isn't as obnoxious as what the devs have players doing. In a safe and relatively controlled environment, raising animals shouldn't be that difficult, especially if their parent(s) are there. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

do anybody know the temperatures in caves?

Maybe in caves the heatwaves and coldwaves not effects, like reallive, they have there own climate.

We have a island full of bears, yet we can't breed them because the temperature is either too hot or cold. Makes perfect sense.

I could get behind a temp mechanic if not in correct biome, but having one in the correct biome is just dumb.

We have the bears but never tried breeding yet. They should only have you jump through hoops for alpha cubs.

They shouldn't be that hard for normal animals. Obviously this system is broken like alot of things right now. 

Is it possible to heal other tamed animal's around while sitting on a animal using the "Natures Touch"?

That's the last idea based on my knowledge and experience.

3 hours ago, Akyoshi said:

Is it possible to heal other tamed animal's around while sitting on a animal using the "Natures Touch"?

That's the last idea based on my knowledge and experience.

No it is not, the Natures Touch buff only affects the animal you are mounted on.  And honestly would be so limited for this purpose that the animal would die during the skills cooldown.

I 100% agree breeding needs looked at and rebalanced on how temperature affects things, or at least add in something we can use to help cool things down for the animals(maybe make the penguins actually work on them).  

But, if you absolutely want to breed and raise these bears you can, you just need a polar or tundra outpost and about 10 grills(10 so you can account for extreme cold temps).  It's not the best but it would let you do it, if you have the time that is.  Best method is gonna be 1 person monitoring the cub and 1 person adjusting the grills.  But for what little the cub is going to offer, I'm not sure it's really worth it(less you get an alpha).

Yesterday at L4, cold & stormy weather = -1000°C after a view seconds ist gets warmer about -980°C.

They said they were gonna look into temperatures and weather system, that was nearly 2 weeks ago, meanwhile we get heat waves in the poles.... why are the poles still poles and not just empty ocean grid? 😂

in the temperate zone I have had both heat wave and hypothermia while harvesting wood at the same time. Do I bundle up or jump in the water??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ivan_Platin said:

how u have breeding a alpha bear? is it possible to tame them or is it a dev kit?

This was on official servers Sirens call pve EU from breeding 2 normal bears, we ended up having an alpha cub from it. was random chance we have tried breeding these bears alot of times and everytime failed. 😕 

There is only one way to breed bears now and its then pretty easy, gather a few k wood berries and patience and a friend to give you a bit sleep, have a boat cubs and place yourself in a cross sone, you want two 11s and two 12s  in temperate zone, i  live in n11 and tried many tactics this was the by far easiest,  use about 15 campfires 1 story under the cubs, and all you have to do is feed  them until 10%, then have 2-3 tragus with berries for them to feed on. now light the fires to rid them of cold buff, for heat try the other sones, remember they lose health in % so more and more in the tick the more hp it gets, so they die as fast as baby as mature, don't ever leave it in stasis, then feeding troughs don't exist for them and they die pretty fast, don't leave them unattended, always have temperature visible, there is imprint every 8 hours and give you 20%, at 100% imprint you are at 83-84% tame time, and about 5hours left of your tame. Blisard don't hurt them. they eat also raw food.  Check my other post for a picture, it's on eu pve official server, warning you are up for a period with no sleep, and its stressful at times, coming a patch or server crash you are in a hurry to get back,. Imprint gives 30% mele and resistance buff for the imprinter.

I live in the cold so all i have to do is keep them warm, till a patch comes along and kills them... Other than that I have had no issues with keeping them alive aside from that. 

My question is why player have to bread when mother is around? Animal breeding is total broken system. Didn’t mention that 28 hours you have to stay next to it. It should done in other way like you are training small bear so it gets some damage buff, you feeding particularly food so it gains more HP. Running with young animal so it increase stamina. Something like that it will make more interesting to grow animals.

Edited by Robotukas
  • Like 1