Hello guys,

Trying to launch here some questions and trying to get some feedback from you guys...

Is there any way to limit some of the grids on the cluster to allow ONLY players with certain steamids? (-exclusivejoin)

How do we use the 'reserved slots' cluster wide and if possible, grid wide?

But could this be used on a single node (grid) on the cluster? 😉

Like, if you don't belong to the whitelist then you will not be able to enter that specific grid..?

There is no option to protect a single grid to others, you can only make the whole server
password protected and have users exclusive join per steamid without having it.

37 minutes ago, Crash said:

But could this be used on a single node (grid) on the cluster? 😉

Like, if you don't belong to the whitelist then you will not be able to enter that specific grid..?

I am curious as to why you would want that?  What is the use case?  It could be done via mods, with some changes to my mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628872141 for example.  But I would need to understand why before I would consider doing it. 

1 hour ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

I am curious as to why you would want that?  What is the use case?  It could be done via mods, with some changes to my mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1628872141 for example.  But I would need to understand why before I would consider doing it. 

Well the potential is big, examples:

- You have a grid 5x5 but want to have part of the grid as 'free for all' and have some reserved grids for the 'patreons' or sponsors. Capitalizing the server and this way improve server quality for those willing to split costs;

- Another example, sharing part of the cluster (one grid for example) for mods/developers only in the whitelist where they are allowed to explore tests and other stuff without interference from the outside 'world';

- Creation of special zones where tournaments are going to run, this way a simple grid would be open to whitelisted players to fight;

etc... ;)

1 minute ago, Crash said:

Well the potential is big, examples:

- You have a grid 5x5 but want to have part of the grid as 'free for all' and have some reserved grids for the 'patreons' or sponsors. Capitalizing the server and this way improve server quality for those willing to split costs;

- Another example, sharing part of the cluster (one grid for example) for mods/developers only in the whitelist where they are allowed to explore tests and other stuff without interference from the outside 'world';

- Creation of special zones where tournaments are going to run, this way a simple grid would be open to whitelisted players to fight;

etc... 😉

Yep, I see that those are good examples.   I would need to look into how the server knows which server it is in the grid (I am assuming it does) but after that it would be fairly simple to add that info to it's request to the back end of my mod and then admins could block or allow at will. 🙂

One thing that is missing, this wíll break game mechanics.

If it's a 5 by 5,

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3

A4 B4 C4 D4 E4
A5 B5 C5 D5 E5

Green   =  Free for all
Orange = Reserved for vip

Shipping inside green area is no problem for everyone, BUT if a non vip travels from A3 to E3 in any 4,
dead by grid, ship and everything is lost as they can't access the grids but the server calculates them
transfering to the new grid. The same goes going from A1 to E1 in any 5 and they can't login anymore
as the server info states that they are in another grid they are not allowed to spawn.

Shootergameserver thinks plus the .json is configurated to have a 5 by 5 and can't make the difference
to set it as a 3 by 5 for a defined usergroup. A normal mod can't bypass that...

It would be more reasonable to have two game server running, normal rate for ffa & high rate for vips.

Edited by Firedragon

1 hour ago, Firedragon said:

One thing that is missing, this wíll break game mechanics.

If it's a 5 by 5,

A1 B1 C1 D1 E1
A2 B2 C2 D2 E2
A3 B3 C3 D3 E3

A4 B4 C4 D4 E4
A5 B5 C5 D5 E5

Green   =  Free for all
Orange = Reserved for vip

Shipping inside green area is no problem for everyone, BUT if a non vip travels from A3 to E3 in any 4,
dead by grid, ship and everything is lost as they can't access the grids but the server calculates them
transfering to the new grid. The same goes going from A1 to E1 in any 5 and they can't login anymore
as the server info states that they are in another grid they are not allowed to spawn.

Shootergameserver thinks plus the .json is configurated to have a 5 by 5 and can't make the difference
to set it as a 3 by 5 for a defined usergroup. A normal mod can't bypass that...

It would be more reasonable to have two game server running, normal rate for ffa & high rate for vips.

Hmm what if the C3 is like 'showing' with red borders to anyone not in some sort of white list?

Of course all the boarders would have to go around it and would be crap right?

@Nelson Sandalwood is there anyway I could pick your brain about your mod? I have a use case for it on a large RP server I help maintain but I mostly handle the webdev stuff. I would love to have a discussion with you.