Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Raft spamming as a form of griefing.

First of all, this is not my claim.  This has nothing to do with my claim nor is it even on my island. It is in the grid that I'm in and up till now, we've been living grief free.  I have already reported this via a ticket but so have others... days ago.  My purpose in posting this here is to 1. bring this type of griefing to everyone's attention, including the dev's, in order to hopefully put a stop to it and 2. bring attention to this specific incident which has been going on for days without a satisfactory response from the GM team.

I do not know what caused this to happen and I do not care. What I see are the results of this and a player being griefed to the point that they can no longer sail or create ships (yes, the asshole put a raft in their shipyard as well).

This needs to be fixed and a way needs to be found to stop it.

@Dollie, I'm going to politely ask you to get involved (please see my support ticket for details) as the player affected has been landlocked for days and those of us going to this island have to deal with the lagfest this creates.  Thank you in advance.

jSTL3kM.jpg

mrHPwGY.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

WTF? Who in the world has nothing better to do than Build Rafts all f***ing day? Please fix this before it makes Waves...

• Thanks 1

I hate to say it, but griefing is going to happen.  The only thing you can do is report them or retaliate, and be thankful that at least this way it's annoying but harmless.  People are just to innovative and imaginative for a developer to try and counter every-time someone thinks up a new way to annoy someone else.

6 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

I hate to say it, but griefing is going to happen.  The only thing you can do is report them or retaliate, and be thankful that at least this way it's annoying but harmless.  People are just to innovative and imaginative for a developer to try and counter every-time someone thinks up a new way to annoy someone else.

You are absolutely right.  And coming up with a permanent fix by the dev's won't be easy. Until such time though, the GM team needs to deal with this. I understand there are probably gobs of reports they have to deal with but for them, this would be an easy fix. Delete the rafts.  If the GM team is swamped to the point that it takes them days to address these types of issues, then they need to hire more GM's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jorm said:

WTF? Who in the world has nothing better to do than Build Rafts all f***ing day? Please fix this before it makes Waves...

You be surprised how much effort griefers will dedicate. We had a blockade on us for like a week.

• Like 1

So here is the waves it has created.  I have come back to K11 on a PVE server to us raft blockaded.  Then this person proceeds to train tigers and lions to my base and making threats in game to me and my wife and my company.  I have not had ANY interaction with this individual up to now.  Zestay Taco of Dead Men Floating and Allies should be banned.  Bullying, Blackmail, Griefing, and threatening my wife in a game is un-acceptable.  When I asked him to stop he stated that the devs have deemed this as acceptable behavior and when I come to check online the validity of his claims I find this.  Unanswered from Devs and lack of response is giving them permission to act this way.  Guess we move on to a new game.  We will not tolerate this.

3 hours ago, Illythid said:

So here is the waves it has created.  I have come back to K11 on a PVE server to us raft blockaded.  Then this person proceeds to train tigers and lions to my base and making threats in game to me and my wife and my company.  I have not had ANY interaction with this individual up to now.  Zestay Taco of Dead Men Floating and Allies should be banned.  Bullying, Blackmail, Griefing, and threatening my wife in a game is un-acceptable.  When I asked him to stop he stated that the devs have deemed this as acceptable behavior and when I come to check online the validity of his claims I find this.  Unanswered from Devs and lack of response is giving them permission to act this way.  Guess we move on to a new game.  We will not tolerate this.

Is what they are trying to do is get people to quit. Personally don't understand what they get out of it but they are in every game i've ever played. Your choices are /ignore them, move to private  servers (my choice if you like the game) or quit. Is one of the biggest problems on pve servers these games end up dealing with, and why i would never play on the official servers from this company. (possibly pvp as then you can deal with it, but the way pvp servers go from these devs no thanks)

20 hours ago, Shintai said:

You be surprised how much effort griefers will dedicate. We had a blockade on us for like a week.

This is why I believe not all griefing, but incidents like this, where someone has obviously willfully invested a large amount of time for no reason other than to destroy someone else's fun, should be seriously considered for immediate permanent game ban. What this person has just demonstrated is that ruining other people's experience is a high enough priority to them to invest an amount of time and energy most consider significant into an activity that is directly harmful to the game experience.  That core mindset is unlikely to be altered through temporary punishment, and removal is likely the only actual fix.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Illythid said:

Zestay Taco of Dead Men Floating and Allies should be banned. 

This is not the first time that zone or company has come up on these forums.

@Dollie got involved in that post with these clowns dropping pillars.  While that incident resulted in the pillars being torn down, it now appears it did not result in any punitive action and that they're continuing their griefing MO.  Perhaps it's time for Dollie to consider this a strike 2 against them.

1 hour ago, Jean Lafitte said:

This is not the first time that zone or company has come up on these forums.

@Dollie got involved in that post with these clowns dropping pillars.  While that incident resulted in the pillars being torn down, it now appears it did not result in any punitive action and that they're continuing their griefing MO.  Perhaps it's time for Dollie to consider this a strike 2 against them.

Well it seems they were not clear that spiking/pillaring the waters is not allowed because he did it to the waters outside our base and has threatened to do it more severely. https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997037739/screenshot/940591965603832810

I don't do well has a hostage.  I feel like a hostage in a damn game.  Not good.  He is spending hours of time, of which I do not have the luxury do to Real Life commitments like work, to implement this plan.  My only guess is this is how he gets his thrills.  My surprise is the amount of people and companies like the Free Few that have joined in just on his word.  At that even over petty crap. Speaking of work I need to go take care of that and deal with this later.  May calm seas and fair winds be with you all!

And when everyone in K11 and surrounding tiles quit, they'll finally have no one to play with but themselves.  

They'll enjoy it.  I'll enjoy it.  

Atlas will only have 5 pve players.  Great game. 

I would follow that guy everywhere in game and continue to kill his tigers, btw.  I'm close to K11.  I can arrange something. 

10 minutes ago, ptonfm said:

And when everyone in K11 and surrounding tiles quit, they'll finally have no one to play with but themselves.  

They'll enjoy it.  I'll enjoy it.  

Atlas will only have 5 pve players.  Great game. 

I would follow that guy everywhere in game and continue to kill his tigers, btw.  I'm close to K11.  I can arrange something. 

It seems K11 is becoming infamous for its PvE griefing...

It's painfully easy. Tiny shipyards are dirt cheap to build and churn out rafts like mad.

yeah we started taming every tiger he trains over to our base and naming them "NOT YOUR TIGER" I now have sloops surrounding every ship in my port. The lag is ridiculous.  40,000 players and huge ship battles my ass.  Cannot even handle someone griefing with unmanned raft and sloop spam.

From k11 too. The lag there has been becoming worse and worse. To the point of where Im constantly being kicked. Someone needs to get involved and fix this.

• Like 1

last week a guy parked where i wanted to place a shipyard and it popped in my head "i hope people dont start griefing with rafts or something" but here we r

The old timers has like 78 land claims and 30% tax on every one.

Or Am I confusing this with another Old Timers Company.

Why not just sink the raft? I absolutely do not see any problem with this, it is a legitimate tactic and certainly not a bannable offense.

• Sad 1

On 1/29/2019 at 12:36 PM, Diseased said:

Since no one seems to care why not get everyone in the grid to blockade them with rafts also?

Do this and ull prolly get banned

54 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

Why not just sink the raft? I absolutely do not see any problem with this, it is a legitimate tactic and certainly not a bannable offense.

Can u sink boats in PVE? Withought exploiting and getting banned?

46 minutes ago, xRDx said:

Do this and ull prolly get banned

Can u sink boats in PVE? Withought exploiting and getting banned?

The thread creator didn't mention about PVE but in that case I guess not.