Elder Drake

Land Claim Complaint and suggestions

Claiming improperly managed land is part of the game. Take your salt to the kitchen where it belongs!

5 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

Claiming improperly managed land is part of the game. Take your salt to the kitchen where it belongs!

When pussies can't play in PvP so they will come to play in PvE. Land stealing from Active players in PvE is more PvP.

Edited by Robotukas

Just now, Robotukas said:

When pussies can play in PvP so they will come to play in PvE.

When pussies cant handle PvE.

1 minute ago, TLKBones said:

1 minute ago, TLKBones said:

I mean this. When pussies can't play in PvP so they will come to play in PvE. Land stealing from Active players in PvE is more PvP.

1 hour ago, Elder Drake said:

I don't care if there are 1000 threads on it, the current land claim system in PvE is broken, broken, broken. Easy method to fix the issue below, thoughts and input are welcome as we need to keep this issue on the devs minds. It has caused a Company I was part of to fall apart and the remaining people turned toxic, griefing and land claiming so they can make it towards the idiotic top ten list some developer thought would be a smart idea to put in the game.

-1 land claim per player, 1 sea buoy claim per player.

-If you join a company you increase the radius of the flag the leader placed up to a limit, your original place claims are instantly pulled.

-Said claim is protected as long as a living company member is within it.

-If nobody is in the radius, solo or Company, a timer starts. After so many days everything in that area starts to fall apart and as time goes that damage accelerates. This will create an auto cleanup for everything that improves server performance.

-Flags can be contested after the above timer has run it's course. Time to capture the flag is reduced in time the longer nobody is within the area.

-Water Buoy flags can not be placed in shallow water nor can they extend influence into shallow water.

-Claim Overlaps are allowed but within the overlap zone there is no taxation rate.

-Sleeper within the area are lose health if they sleep past 24 hours real time and are subject to steady water and food drain as well.

I am not going to pretend I understand the problems the developer would have on a technical side with doing the above, but something needs to be done beyond what is currently happening. It currently is not fun at all if you do not have a spot to call home.

I’m going to try to touch every point if possible. 

Devs have stated they will not do land claim limits. 

System currently works the way you mentioned. Flags have a 72 hour timer. If a character does not log in the timer expires and the land is available to claim. This works per region. 

For example you can’t log in on C12 and refresh flags on A12. You would have to travel to A12.

Ocean claims in shallow water have a use. A lot of islands are surrounded by shallow water. You have to claim the shallow water to place a ship yard in the deeper water. 

Claim overlap is a little weird. The last flag placed takes over the previous claim to a point. So if you place a flag and overlap a taxed area, the majority of that overlap will not be taxed and considered your claim. 

I agree sleepers are a problem. They should have a decay or removal after a certain time period. I’ve seen claims that were placed and never used again since day one that have sleepers on it. 

I went to 12 islands yesterday and counted 32 claims available to claim with sleeping bodies at the flags. 

@Robotukas

I dont know where to begin with how much you butcher your words, or how much you fail to grasp the concepts in the game. All I will say to you is what I have said to pretty much everyone else. If you dont like the way the game works, play something else.

Edited by TLKBones

1 hour ago, Elder Drake said:

-If you join a company you increase the radius of the flag the leader placed up to a limit, your original place claims are instantly pulled.

-Claim Overlaps are allowed but within the overlap zone there is no taxation rate.

I strongly disagree on overlaps. It should not be allowed as it is one sure way of losing territory and assets even if active with no counter. We are clinging to one small piece of shoreline waiting for the next overlap bug to wipe us out.

Edit: Double text

Edited by Fefu
Double text

3 minutes ago, Fefu said:

I strongly disagree on overlaps. It should not be allowed as it is one sure way of losing territory and assets even if active with no counter. We are clinging to one small piece of shoreline waiting for the next overlap bug to wipe us out.

Edit: Double text

I agree overlaps shouldn’t be possible unless you are overlapping your own claim. Since obviously circles don’t make good squares. 

19 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

Here you go. I thought you come out from cave to learn something. Stealing neighbours land doesn't look good. If you didn't come to learn you should go back to your the cave

I came to give input on the subject. Not start a flame war on another ops thread. Hence why I said ignore you. 

i have a guy (or better a POS) on my home isle. this one little f*cker claimed 70% of the island and he doesnt even play anymore. his timer just doesnt stop because he problaby sleeps somewhere in his shitty house. i am so sick of this loser and i cant do ANYTHING against this non existent player.

5 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

i have a guy (or better a POS) on my home isle. this one little f*cker claimed 70% of the island and he doesnt even play anymore. his timer just doesnt stop because he problaby sleeps somewhere in his shitty house. i am so sick of this loser and i cant do ANYTHING against this non existent player.

If his timer isn’t stopping, he could be logging in just to keep it going. Otherwise, you should be able to claim anything he’s not sleeping in. 

14 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

I came to give input on the subject. Not start a flame war on another ops thread. Hence why I said ignore you. 

It is shame that players like you are talking about the flag system. Flame it always will be until you have our land.

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

It is shame that players like you are talking about the flag system. Flame it always will be until you have our land.

I could care less about your flames.

if you just start negativily posting to every post we make that would be considered harassment. Which would be a violation of forum rules. Personally I prefer you to keep doing it. It makes you look bad and us look bettter. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

I could care less about your flames.

if you just start negativily posting to every post we make that would be considered harassment. Which would be a violation of forum rules. Personally I prefer you to keep doing it. It makes you look bad and us look bettter. 

You already fucked up just fewer people know yet.

Back to the topic.

Flag system is not supposed to be easy to manage when you have plenty of them. Also is not to be easy to claim from another company who have few flags and active players because is PvE server. Rules suppose to be different from PvP. In PvE is supposed bo more challenges to get the flag and to keep them. If you have 3 players in a company with 100 flags when it supposed to be an easy claim that. Now you need to think how to keep the player coming back to the game.

Couple options:

Add more servers so more players can find a place to settle.

Add monthly subscription and redesign the flag system. The game is great and it has a lot of potentials. Monthly sub it will help server to be alive.

Edited by Robotukas

Monthly sub would make half the player base quit immediately. The PvP and PvE systems are different. Again, this game requires active players to maintain land. If you dont want to play at least every other day, go find a different game.

Subscription would never work. That would require them to get an active GM staff and customer service.

They would also lose a ton of players and it was not marketed as a subscription mmo. Subscription mmo’s are not and have not done well for a long time. People just don’t want to pay monthly fees to play a game they purchased. 

Sure it would free up tons of land claim, but intentionally killing the player base wouldn’t be a good way to do it. They need that player base to purchase DLC’s and keep interest in the game. 

4 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

Monthly sub would make half the player base quit immediately. The PvP and PvE systems are different. Again, this game requires active players to maintain land. If you dont want to play at least every other day, go find a different game.

Look at wow, look at eve.  It is going to be more players and more servers. With monthly sub they can actually make the map bigger by adding more servers. It would be a big world.

Edited by Robotukas

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

Look at wow, look at eve.  It is going to be more players and more servers. With monthly sub they can actually make the map bigger by adding more servers. It would be a big world.

Eve and wow are declining. Not to mention they were designed to be subscription based. 

Subscriptions kill new mmo’s. ESO and SWTOR are two big ones that had to go F2P just to maintain player base. I could name several more. 

How many current players do you think would continue playing with a subscription? I’d guess more than half can’t pay a subscription or just wouldn’t pay it. 

2 company with 1 member build side by side. Both gain 100 member. Both territory now expand and overlap each other. Who owns who? Resizing claims based on members is a generally bad idea since you will create way more issues than you solve. 

-1 land claim per player, 1 sea buoy claim per player.

Wow, Tax banks really make sense with 1 claim. 

Additional what is the issue with multiple claims? Only bigger company or very active people can maintain big claims. My friend who was offline for 4 days got 90% of his claims removed and only the one he slept in remained. That´s how it works. If you can maintain your claims you earn them. You don´t have enough space to build? Go to lawless areas and build there or steal claims from inactive people. 

-Said claim is protected as long as a living company member is within it.

with living you mean no offline bodies? Nice dude.. when you go sleeping everyone just claims your land within 6h xD 

not counting offline bodies is the worst idea ever. You would lose your claim every night to some random dudes. 

-If nobody is in the radius, solo or Company, a timer starts. After so many days everything in that area starts to fall apart and as time goes that damage accelerates. This will create an auto cleanup for everything that improves server performance.

Nice, I love how you force the login. God I would hate this. You can´t even leave the game for a week and would lose everything literally. 

.. those are all dumb changes tbh and would make the situation just worse. 

How about that:

- everything is lawless territory and no claims exists at all

Then its like in ARK. You build there first, you own it. You spam your foundations everywhere so no one build anywhere. 

I rather have the claim system as it is right now. I actually like it if you know how it works its quite cool

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mephos said:

2 company with 1 member build side by side. Both gain 100 member. Both territory now expand and overlap each other. Who owns who? Resizing claims based on members is a generally bad idea since you will create way more issues than you solve. 

Additional what is the issue with multiple claims? Only bigger company or very active people can maintain big claims. My friend who was offline for 4 days got 90% of his claims removed and only the one he slept in remained. That´s how it works. If you can maintain your claims you earn them. You don´t have enough space to build? Go to lawless areas and build there or steal claims from inactive people. 

with living you mean no offline bodies? Nice dude.. when you go sleeping everyone just claims your land within 6h xD 

not counting offline bodies is the worst idea ever. You would lose your claim every night to some random dudes. 

Nice, I love how you force the login. God I would hate this. You can´t even leave the game for a week and would lose everything literally. 

How about that:

Then its like in ARK. You build there first, you own it. You spam your foundations everywhere so no one build anywhere. 

I rather have the claim system as it is right now. I actually like it if you know how it works its quite cool

Exactly. Most people who complain are not aware of how it works. You don’t log on for 72 hours, you can lose your land.  If you are active and maintain your claims, there’s no problem. 

However I do think inactive sleepers should be logged out or removed after 7 to 10 days. 

Edited by Gaxon

1 minute ago, Gaxon said:

Eve and wow are declining. Not to mention they were designed to be subscription based. 

Subscriptions kill new mmo’s. ESO and SWTOR are two big ones that had to go F2P just to maintain player base. I could name several more. 

How many current players do you think would continue playing with a subscription? I’d guess more than half can’t pay a subscription or just wouldn’t pay it. 

ESO is not Skyrim. I loved Skyrim but I don't like ESO. I would love to play Skyrim with other players but they don't have that function. If they made MMO with Skyrim engine that would turn up in a different way. SWTOR game itself is outdated with the basic mechanic, not much improvement. WoW is getting worse because they are not listening fans anymore. EVE online need PvE server and what would change a lot. 

8 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

Exactly. Most people who complain are not aware of how it works. You don’t log on for 72 hours, you can lose your land.  If you are active and maintain your claims, there’s no problem. 

However I do think inactive sleepers should be logged out or removed after 7 to 10 days. 

It should because it uses server resources.

Edited by Robotukas

41 minutes ago, Robotukas said:

ESO is not Skyrim. I loved Skyrim but I don't like ESO. I would love to play Skyrim with other players but they don't have that function. If they made MMO with Skyrim engine that would turn up in a different way. SWTOR game itself is outdated with the basic mechanic, not much improvement. WoW is getting worse because they are not listening fans anymore. EVE online need PvE server and what would change a lot. 

Thinking EVE should have a PvE server is why you shouldnt play this game. They designed that game to have grief mechanics. Its literally in their CoC that griefing, theft, trolling, dishonesty, etc etc etc... are part of the game and encouraged. The game is dieing because people have played it for 10 years and are moving on, with very little in the way of attempting to find new players, and when they do they are all whiny crybabies like half the players in Atlas. The player base will sort itself out and the people that can handle the system like myself, will have a much better game because of it. Nobody is going to cater to your sniveling crap. MOVE ON! FIND A CAREBEAR GAME! ITS NOT THIS ONE!

20 minutes ago, Mephos said:

How about that:

I am leaving a Company on my own with a couple friends because of the toxic nature of them griefing people in a PvE setting to steal their land and take advantage of their own when not online (i.e. they just sunk a members Brig that he worked hard on with for zero reason beyond they needed mats, then they blamed the Chinese when he got on, nevermind that our own Company saw it, recorded it happening and called them out as they did it).

What works in PvP does not work in PvE and I will admit I do not have the answers on flag claims. Hell many other ideas people posted are honestly better than mine and that is why I wanted to start a discussion. Not a flame war with 1-2 people trolling the hell out of everyone so they can get off on some superiority (or inferiority) complex. I can respect differing opinions, it opens debate and that is a good thing when it is healthy. Anyways I personally am done with this thread as it has devolved and I do not even like some of my replies. The large Companies that flag spammed are defending that right and those that are homeless are ridiculed and derided in a direct or passive aggressive way. Too much bs and drama, I just want to have fun and I came to this game because I like ARK and I like pirate games. I think this game has a LOT of potential but it is EA and stating opinions and discussing things is good for us all. Nitpicking a fellow player for voicing an opinion is not, to me that is toxic when you multi-quote flame someone. State your point and maybe if you are not an ass, and it makes sense, people will listen to you and incorporate ideas you have made or look at things differently. I know I have but I am moving on, this is getting really wild at this point.

My .02 and done with this.

4 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

Thinking EVE should have a PvE server is why you shouldnt play this game. They designed that game to have grief mechanics. Its literally in their CoC that griefing, theft, trolling, dishonesty, etc etc etc... are part of the game and encouraged. The game is dieing because people have played it for 10 years and are moving on, with very little in the way of attempting to find new players, and when they do they are all whiny crybabies like half the players in Atlas. The player base will sort itself out and the people that can handle the system like myself, will have a much better game because of it. Nobody is going to cater to your sniveling crap. MOVE ON! FIND A CAREBEAR GAME! ITS NOT THIS ONE!

To have PvP and PvE. They will have the same or even more amount of players playing in PvE. Double income and more possibilities.

Thats not how the game works, thats what you dont seem to understand. You want a carebear game, go get funding and learn to develop your own game. Quit trying to change other people's hard work to suit your wants.