Elder Drake

Land Claim Complaint and suggestions

I don't care if there are 1000 threads on it, the current land claim system in PvE is broken, broken, broken. Easy method to fix the issue below, thoughts and input are welcome as we need to keep this issue on the devs minds. It has caused a Company I was part of to fall apart and the remaining people turned toxic, griefing and land claiming so they can make it towards the idiotic top ten list some developer thought would be a smart idea to put in the game.

-1 land claim per player, 1 sea buoy claim per player.

-If you join a company you increase the radius of the flag the leader placed up to a limit, your original place claims are instantly pulled.

-Said claim is protected as long as a living company member is within it.

-If nobody is in the radius, solo or Company, a timer starts. After so many days everything in that area starts to fall apart and as time goes that damage accelerates. This will create an auto cleanup for everything that improves server performance.

-Flags can be contested after the above timer has run it's course. Time to capture the flag is reduced in time the longer nobody is within the area.

-Water Buoy flags can not be placed in shallow water nor can they extend influence into shallow water.

-Claim Overlaps are allowed but within the overlap zone there is no taxation rate.

-Sleeper within the area are lose health if they sleep past 24 hours real time and are subject to steady water and food drain as well.

I am not going to pretend I understand the problems the developer would have on a technical side with doing the above, but something needs to be done beyond what is currently happening. It currently is not fun at all if you do not have a spot to call home.

Edited by Elder Drake

Solution, they need more Land to claim...More grid squares. They need to open more server clusters. I would prefer no land claims without a skill tree expense. probably caps at 3 flags. When you join a company then you have the option to give that company your flags. if you respect the flags become temporarily unowned unless you reaquire the skills to own them. The unowned flags decay and if not reaquired by the original owner or the company they will despawn and all assets will be up for grabs.

5 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

Join a company. Problem solved.

Right, then have admins lock you out of your own stuff. People steal your stuff. You can not keep your ship you built if you leave.

That idea is flawed.

• Like 1

If you cant find a claim then you dont have anything to lose. If you lost your claim you dont have anything to lose. Join a company and dont be a dick, what reason would they have to lock you out. My company gets a lot of salt thrown at us, but they are great guys, they even built a city for new people to build a small house in to get started.

The only problem with any systems in the game right now aside from ship sinking, and ever living bodies on claims, is crying noobs that cant handle the game and want it to change to suit their needs rather than change to fit into the game they bought.

ok, so this whole locking out thing. I haven't seen it. the tenants on my land have locked me out of their chest and doors. I would expect that of them. one tenant has provided me a pin code to a locker that I can deliver supplies to him or he to me. If I "lock them out" I have to wait until their stuff decays. and in the mean time they can pack up and leave. I have not yet heard of a landlord being able to access a tents builds or even remove them when they want to.

The only thing I can do is prevent them from building anymore.

Edited by Skyroguen

I AGREE, BUT LET SAY 2 FLAGS PER EVERY PLAYER, PEOPLE WHO SAY JOIN A COMPANY HAVE TONS OF FLAGS, SINGLE PLAYERS WITH 2 OR 3 ISLANDS DEVS PLEASE CHANGE THE CLAIM FLAG SYSTEM TO BE FAIR FOR ALL 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

If you cant find a claim then you dont have anything to lose. If you lost your claim you dont have anything to lose. Join a company and dont be a dick, what reason would they have to lock you out. My company gets a lot of salt thrown at us, but they are great guys, they even built a city for new people to build a small house in to get started.

The only problem with any systems in the game right now aside from ship sinking, and ever living bodies on claims, is crying noobs that cant handle the game and want it to change to suit their needs rather than change to fit into the game they bought.

What, are you serious? You are one of those people that mooches off others I bet.

I am a family man, married, and a father. A toxic company is a toxic company and toxic people can ruin it for good people. Not being able to take your own ship if things go sideways is an absolute no go for me. Am I supposed to leave it to the toxic jerks in the company to mooch along with?

Nope. No thank you.

Why would they do that, one of the main themes of the game is "Lets see who will rule the Atlas." They expect 1 or 2 companies to eventually own the whole, or majority, of the map.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Elder Drake said:

What, are you serious? You are one of those people that mooches off others I bet.

I am a family man, married, and a father. A toxic company is a toxic company and toxic people can ruin it for good people. Not being able to take your own ship if things go sideways is an absolute no go for me. Am I supposed to leave it to the toxic jerks in the company to mooch along with?

Nope. No thank you.

I run an island my company has claimed. I dont mooch. I have kids, a job, and a girlfriend, bills, family, etc. "Toxic" is a subjective term. Nobody is "Toxic" towards me in our company. You are one of the dozens of butthurt players that cant handle this game. Its not even an attack at you... not all games are for all people. You would probably like Minecraft better. No claim systems, no ownership issues, no decay, etc... Dont trash people for playing a game the way it is designed to be played.

still think they should be tied to a skill investment. Maybe the Company owners also have a skill that limits how many flags they can take from their members. Larger Companies would need to invest more into this skill. of course this would not prevent large companies from just breaking their territory down into smaller chunks. if everyone had one flag thena large company would not form a company, they would form an alliance of individual players.

Skill system wouldnt work either, the only way to make it "better" in the eyes of the weak would be to remove the system all together. Any large company, or any company with 5 or more players would just split out into sister companies to claim the max amount possible having 5-10 players max out in the skill and alliance up. And removing the system will just start a whole new form of landgrab, probably the way it was done in  Ark by spamming foundations or pillars.

Everyone needs to quit trying to change the system. There are 1000s of games people can play, and a LOT of them are free, and just as fun. If this game doesnt suit your playstyle or interests move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TLKBones said:

I run an island my company has claimed. I dont mooch. I have kids, a job, and a girlfriend, bills, family, etc. "Toxic" is a subjective term. Nobody is "Toxic" towards me in our company. You are one of the dozens of butthurt players that cant handle this game. Its not even an attack at you... not all games are for all people. You would probably like Minecraft better. No claim systems, no ownership issues, no decay, etc... Dont trash people for playing a game the way it is designed to be played.

On PvP it is meant to be this way, not on PvE you condescending jerk. You are greedy, plain and simple and hiding this behind weak excuses, assumptions, and suppositions.

Too old to deal with replying further to you, you are just trolling at this point.

It is not fun to not own your own spot. It is not fun to see Uber Companies greedily land grabbing then hiding behind excuses akin to what you throw out. Also said companies can have toxic people in them that love griefing others, mine does and because of that I want zero part of them. Sinking other members ships for parts when they are offline then blaming the Chinese, stealing BPs/Gold/Materials. This is not fun to me. Not fun to me to pay a greedy person for a single spot to call my own. Really is sad that people think this is how it should be played. I feel sorry for you.

/done replying to you.

1 minute ago, Elder Drake said:

On PvP it is meant to be this way, not on PvE you condescending jerk. You are greedy, plain and simple and hiding this behind weak excuses, assumptions, and suppositions.

Too old to deal with replying further to you, you are just trolling at this point.

It is not fun to not own your own spot. It is not fun to see Uber Companies greedily land grabbing then hiding behind excuses akin to what you throw out. Also said companies can have toxic people in them that love griefing others, mine does and because of that I want zero part of them. Sinking other members ships for parts when they are offline then blaming the Chinese, stealing BPs/Gold/Materials. This is not fun to me. Not fun to me to pay a greedy person for a single spot to call my own. Really is sad that people think this is how it should be played. I feel sorry for you.

/done replying to you.

So youre a masochist? You claim the game isnt fun and everyone is out to get you and steal your stuff, make you suffer. Yet here you are still trying to play a game that clearly isnt for you. I find it sad people get so worked up over game mechanics. Go spend time with your family, find a different game, be happier. You are the only person capable of causing yourself grief in a game, because they can all be turned off.

If I seem condescending its because you fail to grasp realism. Go play something else. Do everyone, including yourself, a favor.

My idea would be ranked flags.

rank 1 flag limit 10 per company protected 4 days

rank 2 limit 10 protected 3 days

rank 3 limit 10 protected 2 days

rank 4 limit 20 protected 1 day

rank 5 limit 30 protected 12 hours

millions of variants you get the idea.

ps. Offline launch day sleeper purge would free up 50% of claims I have seen.

Edited by Skinner NA PVE

The sea buoys do fuck all so that stupid 

If meant flags at sea again stupid to limit it 

And 1 land  cliam per player is also stupid 

Flags or pillar spam it's all same , 

Only change needed is removal of sleepers after X amount of time to allow all the abondoned Ares to be claimed by others 

Edited by uli

Developers have already stated “no land claim limits” in a live stream. 

If they would force log sleepers out after a week, plenty of land is available. I can log on right now and find land that has never been claimed. It may not be the land you would prefer, but it is there. 

52 minutes ago, TLKBones said:

As a father, you are not a good example for kids. I hope kid grow up better than you 🙂

Just now, Robotukas said:

As a father, you are not a good example for kids. I hope kid grow up better than you 🙂

Dont talk to your father like that!

Just now, Robotukas said:

At least I don't do the stupid thing like you. So my father is a good person and I am proud of that.

What stupid thing have I done? And people call my company's members toxic... sad sad sad...

1 minute ago, Robotukas said:

If you can see so even if I will explain it doesn't help 🙂 

Not with language arts skills like that!

3 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

Ignore Robotukas. He’s salty toward us.

Here you go. I thought you come out from cave to learn something. Stealing neighbours land doesn't look good. If you didn't come to learn you should go back to your the cave

Edited by Robotukas