Elder Drake

Lawless land decay rate

Given how hard it is to find unclaimed land, with people holding spots that have quit since week one for crying out loud, I am forced to try and find a Lawless area that is not pillar'd or foundation'd up on PvE Hydra. I know Lawless causes faster decay rates but a few Google searches just show people complaining about how fast decay is, does anyone actually know how much faster Lawless islands decay structures and anchored ships?

Thank you in advance for any and all replies and help. Happy hunting.

Addendum: I really hope they fix the land claim issue on PvE. Flag spamming, people leaving sleepers and NPC in spots, etc is just plain broken. No Company of say 3 people should be able to own a damn island and someone that quit weeks ago should have died of starvation by now. It is a broken system and I have many friends that refuse to play because they simply want a single plot someplace to call home and go out adventuring. As it stand now you literally have people selling land on officials for real money. It is a joke.

Edited by Elder Drake
Addendum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elder Drake said:

Учитывая, как трудно найти невостребованную землю, где люди, у которых есть пятна, которые с первой недели перестали громко плакать, я вынужден попытаться найти область Беззаконника, которая не является столпом или фундаментом на PvE Hydra. Я знаю, что Лоулесс приводит к более быстрым темпам распада, но несколько поисковых запросов в Google показывают, что люди жалуются на то, насколько быстро происходит распад. Кто-нибудь на самом деле знает, насколько быстрее разрушаются структуры Лоулес-Айленда и закрепляются на якоре?

Заранее благодарю за любые ответы и помощь. Хорошей охоты.

Приложение: Я действительно надеюсь, что они исправят проблему земельных претензий в PvE. Спам на флагах, люди, оставляющие спящих и NPC в местах, и т. Д. Просто сломаны. Ни одна компания не скажет, что 3 человека должны иметь возможность владеть этим проклятым островом, а тот, кто ушел несколько недель назад, уже должен был умереть от голода. Это сломанная система, и у меня есть много друзей, которые отказываются играть, потому что они просто хотят, чтобы один участок где-нибудь позвонил домой и отправился в приключение. В настоящее время у вас буквально есть люди, продающие землю чиновникам за реальные деньги. Это шутка.

Four days you can not appear in the game or not pass near the building, after 4 days, anyone can destroy them.

Just now, KNZVgame said:

Four days you can not appear in the game or not pass near the building, after 4 days, anyone can destroy them.

Thank you for the reply, I do understand that mechanic but I have heard that wear and tear decay is increased. Is this true or just bs?

5 minutes ago, Elder Drake said:

Thank you for the reply, I do understand that mechanic but I have heard that wear and tear decay is increased. Is this true or just bs?

Unfortunately, I can't give you a 100% accurate answer - I don't live in lawless. Better to wait for the locals)

1 minute ago, KNZVgame said:

Unfortunately, I can't give you a 100% accurate answer - I don't live in lawless. Better to wait for the locals)

Well thank you for the replies, it is appreciated. Just is a bummer how the current land claim system is and how it is abused.

3 minutes ago, Elder Drake said:

Хорошо, спасибо за ответы, это ценится. Просто облом, какова нынешняя система претензий на землю и как ею злоупотребляют.

That's right. Spam flags is a pain...

Hello! Congrats on making a good decision, to build in lawless first and have a base there for a while etc. While I can't give you a specific number on exactly how fast the wear and tear decay is, I can tell you about my experience on lawless.  🙂

I started out with a friend, we made 2 bases plus one small hut base on lawless. All in wood. Friend quit so I had to manage the buildings alone. I logged in almost every day and each day there would be a little damage on a few walls (like needed 1 mars of each to repair). Maybe 3 out of 30 walls were damaged. Mostly from predators in the night. 

I didn't find the repairs to be much work at all, to be honest. It took a few minutes game time each day. Even when I logged out 2 Days, the damages werent big, just a few minutes repair. 

Now I am in a company so starting to have a bit of claimed land, but I was very happy at lawless too!  🙂 A Word of advice, maybe keep a couple of different bases so that in case an Alpha animal eats through your base, you don't lose everything. (Never happened to me). Or build in stone). But I managed great with a couple different Wood bases. Good luck! 

The base repair in the lawless lands. Is it possible to just have an NPC set idle there to repair the base? If it’s only going to cost some gold to have them there it might be an easier option. I just haven’t tried it yet. It’s on my bucket list. 

So if I have a small base on the lawless zone, is just passing through my base with fast travel enough to reset the timers? I ask because I’m primarily a solo player and can sometimes end up away for several days on my ship exploring or treasure hunting. Would fast traveling back to the base for a few seconds at the start of each lot in keep my base in tact or do I need to stay in the zone for a certain length of time? 

12 minutes ago, Jawa said:

The base repair in the lawless lands. Is it possible to just have an NPC set idle there to repair the base? If it’s only going to cost some gold to have them there it might be an easier option. I just haven’t tried it yet. It’s on my bucket list. 

So if I have a small base on the lawless zone, is just passing through my base with fast travel enough to reset the timers? I ask because I’m primarily a solo player and can sometimes end up away for several days on my ship exploring or treasure hunting. Would fast traveling back to the base for a few seconds at the start of each lot in keep my base in tact or do I need to stay in the zone for a certain length of time? 

NPCs assigned to nothing (sweeping) will repair with resources in your ship repair box EXCEPT in freeport (where this is disabled).

Lawless doesn't have storms. Storms are currently murdering parks ships outside lawless. Count your blessings.

Uhh yeah.. You're wrong.. lol Lawless DOES have storms... You should at least research or be in the know if you're going to make claims on game mechanics.. Just saying..

10 hours ago, gadefence said:

NPCs assigned to nothing (sweeping) will repair with resources in your ship repair box EXCEPT in freeport (where this is disabled).

Lawless doesn't have storms. Storms are currently murdering parks ships outside lawless. Count your blessings.

3l2U0t6.jpg

E5 Lawless

I dunno sure looks like it storms here to me.

• Thanks 1

Is it easier than people may think to find a claim. But if you are very picky it can be quite hard.

I do agree however, the claim system needs some kind of limit and perhaps expiration of inactive flags. Sea flags in particular is very questionable in terms of purpose.

With the patch last weekend sleepers can't contest claims anymore, this should allow you to claim land from people that have been offline for an extended time.

Patch Notes

Dont know what you people talking about lawless not having storms. Storm shows up on horisont the moment i release the anchor

I have not had to repair my structures in lawless, and have been there since day 1. They do take damage from creatures which needs repairs, but not from decay, and there is a ship decay rate anchored but it’s very slow and one crew can manage it just fine.

If you need a zone, I am in N9 and we have had many people move out, lots of open land.

I have been in lawless for 3 weeks. Same structures I had at the start still exist. The 4 day timer is only to demo if the player hasn't logged in. Storms didn't exist for the first week or so I was there they had removed them since lawless are supposed to be buffer zones between Freeports and claiming land in their eyes. Although for those who despise the claiming system it's a nice place to live. As long as you login regularly and get within a pretty distant range of your buildings the timer will reset on the demo. There is no decay other than if someone decays it via a cannon or explosive.

That said you lose the ability for your claim flag to keep people building up alongside you, foundation spam was the meta, they drastically reduced the range of foundations to about 4 squares. People can still claim your ships with flags and there is still the general offline raiding esp since the stone nerf since the fire arrow nerf stopped the fire arrow boat sinking for the most part. Although then there is flame jars. Don't get me wrong I still prefer lawless it's just other game mechanics that need work.

Edit: I don't have any anchor decay rate, only periodically when the storms come up to shore, which I thought being anchored was supposed to stop but I have seen one of the ships take damage actively during a storm a few times.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock

My base in a lawless zone has never been repaired. Still standing with just a bit of damage, id be shocked if after a year I'd have to repair it. I just wish we had longer than 4 days decay timer. All the land owners cried cause they need 2 weeks because they go on holidays so I think it's fair that lawless gets a few days added on the decay rate 🙂 cause let's be honest we may live in the slums but even we go on holidays lol.  

With the land claim system and greedy owners charging 30 % tax and can kick you for no reason, or cross claim flags preventing you access to your base, I'd recommend lawless life. Because all you need to do is log in once every 4 days and your stuff is always safe.

Right now a 4 day decay timer is better than the 3 day claim timer. I’m assumming that will change soon too.

As a smaller company of 3-4, Lawless has been better for us because we can upkeep our stuff and not have to deal with taxation/finding a small land claim.

4 hours ago, Shintai said:

Is it easier than people may think to find a claim. But if you are very picky it can be quite hard.

You think all the people complaining or leaving the game just haven't tried hard enough or are too picky?

There's a big problem with people claiming too much land to charge rent or tax (which is completely out of place in PVE anyway). If you haven't seen the huge swathes of empty land some people 'own' then I guess you're lucky to be on a good area of the map. Restricting number of claims is better than the current system but it can easily be cheesed. Better to remove claiming and tax altogether in PVE. Just let people build where they want if there's space. Freeports are protected resources and are intended to be visited often for trade anyway.

14 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

You think all the people complaining or leaving the game just haven't tried hard enough or are too picky?

Yes, whenever we go discovery we see places you can claim all over.

14 minutes ago, FruitBatCat said:

There's a big problem with people claiming too much land to charge rent or tax (which is completely out of place in PVE anyway). If you haven't seen the huge swathes of empty land some people 'own' then I guess you're lucky to be on a good area of the map. Restricting number of claims is better than the current system but it can easily be cheesed. Better to remove claiming and tax altogether in PVE. Just let people build where they want if there's space. Freeports are protected resources and are intended to be visited often for trade anyway.

I agree the concept of claiming and taxes is flawed on PvE. On PvP you would assume you pay tax for protection, on PvE you just give people your work for free. And we thank you for that.

Just aggro wilds to attack the people. Kill all in the area. Sink all boats so they cant respawn. Then claim the land.

It works. We are pirates folks. Want simple builds and land, go play ARK or Minecraft.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:41 AM, Elder Drake said:

Given how hard it is to find unclaimed land, with people holding spots that have quit since week one for crying out loud, I am forced to try and find a Lawless area that is not pillar'd or foundation'd up on PvE Hydra. I know Lawless causes faster decay rates but a few Google searches just show people complaining about how fast decay is, does anyone actually know how much faster Lawless islands decay structures and anchored ships?

Thank you in advance for any and all replies and help. Happy hunting.

Addendum: I really hope they fix the land claim issue on PvE. Flag spamming, people leaving sleepers and NPC in spots, etc is just plain broken. No Company of say 3 people should be able to own a damn island and someone that quit weeks ago should have died of starvation by now. It is a broken system and I have many friends that refuse to play because they simply want a single plot someplace to call home and go out adventuring. As it stand now you literally have people selling land on officials for real money. It is a joke.

I live in lawless and try hard to keep a open area for both resource gathering as well as animal taming there are a couple public pen for people to use but passer byes still come ashore and build pens hence why foundations get scattered all round. Buildings do not decay but if they are made of wood or thatch they can get damaged by the wildlife. The Alphas will destroy building pieces and pens to get at the tames inside. There is a 4 day timer on building pieces before someone else can demo them and on lockers/crafting station placed directly on the ground it is 14 days

As far as ships as long as they are anchored they get no damage unless hit by the cyclones then it is not much. I know this for a fact cause i have raft dingy and a ramshackle sloop all abandoned on my shore right next to shipyards and pathways. Have had several people get stuck on them and we have no way to get rid of them.

I should also add that I have found that when most people see pillar or foundation spam they just assume they cannot build there.  I cant tell you how many times I have just checked the decay timers and found that I am able to demolish a lot of this spam.  Look at everything, I can almost guarantee you that there are places you can demolish and set down.

Also, just playing nice and talking to the locals you can often negotiate a place to live.  Much of the pillar and foundation spam is defensive to prevent people from blocking critical resources and so on.  Often times, once the locals know you are not just a random jack-hole that wants to just build a hideous structure to tame one thing or build one ship and move on leaving a mess, you can find a place to live.  The lawless regions seem to have more of a community feel than the claimed lands (yes I am generalizing).

11 hours ago, Taiine said:

3l2U0t6.jpg

E5 Lawless

I dunno sure looks like it storms here to me.

Weird. I was in lawless for a while and we never EVER had storms. Also never see any when I sail through.