Cpt-Nero

Tired of Asian players

Everyone is having problems with Asian players. They are toxic, talk only between them and generally he shares nothing with other players apart from rotting our experience. Do you plan to react? Asiat server, ban IP Asian? do nothing and let the whole community go?
Add to this all the bugs allowing to sink boats in PVE, weight, blocking, damned keeting. Shit ! what are you doing ?

• Like 2

This is a dead horse of a topic.  Many people are for an IP ban and quite a few against one, but nothing from the Devs either way.

Why are you singling out the Asians ? Everyone is doing this stuff not just one nationality. If you are having issues with the way things are going with official then join unofficial server.

I experienced it like Labatts. Everyone kinda tries to stay with their own nationality. Also trying to avoid other nationalities. 

Many Germans also talk german consequently and seeking other germans rather than international players. Same as French. Same as Russians. 

language barriers + prejudices. 

We have Chinese that try to talk english even tho it's google translate but somehow we can communicate. 

• Like 2

The only thing I would like fixed when it comes to foreign companies is that I can actually see the name of the company and not blocks for letters.

Edited by labatts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TiiaAurora said:

I experienced it like Labatts. Everyone kinda tries to stay with their own nationality. Also trying to avoid other nationalities. 

Many Germans also talk german consequently and seeking other germans rather than international players. Same as French. Same as Russians. 

We have Chinese that try to talk english even tho it's google translate but somehow we can communicate. 

I don't mind people speaking their own language, because the EU Server is after all for the entire EU.  Plus, I don't speak any other language than English, so why would I assume everyone on the EU server speaks more than one language?  In the first few days I was defending other players against idiots who were saying "speak English!" in Global chat - why the hell should they?  It's NOT an English server.

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

I don't mind people speaking their own language, because the EU Server is after all for the entire EU.  Plus, I don't speak any other language than English, so why would I assume everyone on the EU server speaks more than one language?  In the first few days I was defending other players against idiots who were saying "speak English!" in Global chat - why the hell should they?  It's NOT an English server.

Yea as long as people don't demand to speak just one language, I don't really care. I am German, so I translate for my company who are from different countries. I usually go for "If I don't understand what they say, I am probably not the target audience anyway" 

• Like 1

12 минут назад TiiaAurora сказала:

Я испытал это как Лабатц. Каждый старается остаться со своей национальностью. Также стараюсь избегать других национальностей. 

Многие немцы также говорят по-немецки и ищут других немцев, а не международных игроков. Так же, как французский. То же самое, что и русские. 

языковые барьеры + предрассудки. 

У нас есть китайцы, которые пытаются говорить по-английски, даже если это и есть Переводчик Google. 

I am a member of a large Russian-speaking community and we have a specially created group of diplomats speaking English, German and French to overcome the language barrier. We are friendly and adhere to the principle of "tooth for tooth" without attacking first. We have bcli clashes with the Chinese and they have never been able to even start a dialogue, unlike other Nations...

Edited by KNZVgame
  • Like 4

Ok no one has any problem with them. Yet the other players make the effort to speak English to exchange. It remains for me to thank you for this beautiful lesson in life, understanding, humanity and all the rest. Goodbye  

(PS : Im'not english, just google and some effort)

Edited by Cpt-Nero

2 hours ago, KNZVgame said:

I am a member of a large Russian-speaking community and we have a specially created group of diplomats speaking English, German and French to overcome the language barrier. We are friendly and adhere to the principle of "tooth for tooth" without attacking first. We have bcli clashes with the Chinese and they have never been able to even start a dialogue, unlike other Nations...

What's the name of your community?

I don't mid the Asian players. The toxicity is worldwide. I am a bit surprised they don't have a Asia/Pacific Server. I am also confused as to why the NA server is hosted in Germany. You would think they would want it in an NA data center to minimize latency for the NA players. This would also be true if they chose to do an Asia/Pacific Server. Obviously there will still be players who play across data centers because of people they know, family, etc.

3 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I don't mid the Asian players. The toxicity is worldwide. I am a bit surprised they don't have a Asia/Pacific Server. I am also confused as to why the NA server is hosted in Germany. You would think they would want it in an NA data center to minimize latency for the NA players. This would also be true if they chose to do an Asia/Pacific Server. Obviously there will still be players who play across data centers because of people they know, family, etc.

Why do I think ur in Norfolk 

The problem is that they all cheat and knowingly participate in supporting cheaters. look at their profiles. they all have VAC bans. Cheaters are cheaters for life.  The problem is the reporting system for this game is impossible because of all the information that is needed and you cant get their names when its brackets, and sometimes you cant even get their steam profile information.  Let alone sometimes company ID when you have a horde of 20 of them chasing you with their zergling master aimbotting from afar and the rest undermeshing and ddosing the server or changing the weather.

• Like 1

We have a Chinese/English speaker in our company. Comes in handy.

Edited by KPAuburn

Tired of people not realizing that boxes in chat could be Chinese, but could also be any non phonetic alphabet language, notably Cyrillic, used by Russians. Yes the point is that for many reasons they should have their own separate playground, but in making that point, it would be great if you didn’t also reinforce stereotypes of Americans as uninformed and self absorbed.

• Like 1

The only video "proof" I've seen of any hacks/cheats/abuse of broken mechanics involved a group with "British" accents.  It's not just Asian groups.  As an American who doesn't speak "The Queens English", the accents are not what I'm used to but I've watched enough British TV over at least 50 years that I even can understand 'Cockney Slang' to a small extent :classic_cool: 

As far as text displaying properly, there is apparently an International font from Ark that many have ported into Atlas to see the actual text.

This font should maybe be ported by the Devs into Atlas as the default but until then there are posts describing how to do it yourself.

Edited by Hambo

I have to say the other day I was so dam mad at Chinese companies but then I remember the lovely Chinese gentleman who on our other island made the effort to communicate with me. It stops me from branding all Chinese companies the same. For me I was peaceable untill 3 or 4 different Chinese companies came in and sunk our ships on 3 different occasions for no reason. Attack us and tried to land grab. They just want war and this is on a Pve server.

Many around me are over it and it dosn't paint the Chinese community in a good light and makes the bad over weigh the good that some in the Chinese community are doing. I just want to play the game, chill and relax and I dont care what nationality or language you speak but I dont want Chinese companies come in be so toxic that it causes so many to leave and lose the incredible long hours of work some put into their ships, bases and tames.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ripper said:

The problem is that they all cheat and knowingly participate in supporting cheaters. look at their profiles. they all have VAC bans. Cheaters are cheaters for life.  The problem is the reporting system for this game is impossible because of all the information that is needed and you cant get their names when its brackets, and sometimes you cant even get their steam profile information.  Let alone sometimes company ID when you have a horde of 20 of them chasing you with their zergling master aimbotting from afar and the rest undermeshing and ddosing the server or changing the weather.

Its not just Chinese players that hack and do the exploits / ddosing. You keep putting it off to 1 nationality. Its a widespread issue not just one company / nationality. 

8 hours ago, Hambo said:

The only video "proof" I've seen of any hacks/cheats/abuse of broken mechanics involved a group with "British" accents.  It's not just Asian groups.  As an American who doesn't speak "The Queens English", the accents are not what I'm used to but I've watched enough British TV over at least 50 years that I even can understand 'Cockney Slang' to a small extent :classic_cool: 

As far as text displaying properly, there is apparently an International font from Ark that many have ported into Atlas to see the actual text.

This font should maybe be ported by the Devs into Atlas as the default but until then there are posts describing how to do it yourself.

yes and as an english person , i've heard how you americans try to portray the way we speak , we speak nothing like i've seen many of your actors trying to .....  it's almost cringe worthy when i watch  a film and see an american actor / actress trying cockney slang in a london accent ..

anyway back on topic use the global font addon shows the language symbol just fine along with their names .. use it then u might be able to use google translate to get an idea of what they are saying and even try to communicate yourself 

• Like 1

Imagine all the English characters are all [] [] [], too.

Would you suggest we ban all players just because you can't tell the troll player [] [] between the regular player [] [] [] ?

Now, if the troll player is <> <>, and the others are [] [] and {} {}, you would be more forgiving towards these "Exotic" characters, right?

Go get global font, son.

Thinking that other language and country shouldn't appear before you is the very definition of bigotry.

TBH I wonder why Grapeshot wouldn't just enable global fonts in the first place.

It's already in the game, that's why Asian players are typing in their language because THE UI THEY SEE is also in their native language already.

19 hours ago, BlackFlint said:

Как называется ваше сообщество?

I will refrain from naming your Guild on the forum wouldn't do a strategic benefit and may even be harmful)

On 1/28/2019 at 6:27 AM, TiiaAurora said:

I've actually got the opposite experience.  We have germans/swiss/british/etc.  All in one company or over a few alliances.  The language barrier can sometimes be frustrating but as long as both sides recognize that and make an effort we don't have any issues.  I don't think we have any in the asian countries(in company or alliance) though, but all the ones that we have met on official that have made an effort to communicate and be friendly have been warmly welcomed. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, Cpt-Nero said:

Everyone is having problems with Asian players. They are toxic, talk only between them and generally he shares nothing with other players apart from rotting our experience. Do you plan to react? Asiat server, ban IP Asian? do nothing and let the whole community go?
Add to this all the bugs allowing to sink boats in PVE, weight, blocking, damned keeting. Shit ! what are you doing ?

We can go round and round but this is EA and we don't know what the developer intends on each and every feature as there is no defined wiki / plan for this game explaining it all to us.  Griefers are always going to grief, that's just what they do.  But to act like asian players are the only ones exploiting the game for their own benefit, you would have to be lying to yourself.  

On 1/28/2019 at 11:19 AM, labatts said:

Why are you singling out the Asians ? Everyone is doing this stuff not just one nationality. If you are having issues with the way things are going with official then join unofficial server.

So we have to leave the offical server to make way for Cheaters ??? what sort of stupid game is this becoming.

11 hours ago, UDO said:

yes and as an english person , i've heard how you americans try to portray the way we speak , we speak nothing like i've seen many of your actors trying to .....  it's almost cringe worthy when i watch  a film and see an american actor / actress trying cockney slang in a london accent ..

anyway back on topic use the global font addon shows the language symbol just fine along with their names .. use it then u might be able to use google translate to get an idea of what they are saying and even try to communicate yourself 

To quote Cary Ewles in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" (Mel Brooks movie) "But unlike other Robin Hoods, I speak with a proper British accent!".  Neither Errol Flynn nor Kevin Costner *Shudder* played a believable Robin Hood.

Don't get me wrong... I didn't watch the multitude of British shows I've loved for 50 years because I thought "Dem peepul tawked funny" :classic_cool:👍

The only thing I really find humorous in a maybe not complimentary way would be watching people attempt to pronounce the names of some Welsh towns.

The main point I was trying to make in my post  was that I haven't experienced Asian griefing but have seen other groups doing stuff on video.

Edited by Hambo