Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Stop „World of Aircraft“ in this pirate game

Dear devs,

sky dogfighting is not bad for a WWI game.. becoming the emperor of skys !

In a game about ship-to-ship battles we do really need no 1-hit-dragons and no gliders with 5000 miles flight range.

Please take this out here.

Sky Pirates, yay!  Bring on the Submarines too - all good, solid Jules Verne stuff.  🙂

Agree, it´s plain silly at this point. Gliders easily fly between islands too, why sail?

1 minute ago, Shintai said:

Agree, it´s plain silly at this point. Gliders easily fly between islands too, why sail?

Do they?  Oh wow, I know what I'm going to Respec to.  🙂

I would agree with the Gliders if  they increased the range and angle of grapeshots so swivel guns could act as anti air artillery.

• Like 1

I'm so looking forward to my flying pirate ship.
For me this was the main point of the game, becoming a Sky Pirate 😄

This is a ship game, nobody needs this stuff. Its to arkish. Default game play is much better. Next thing you will have tanks, and mp40's running around on official servers.

Id remove the complete admin menu too, avoiding spawning in things by admins, this way they can not access those tools.

Come one, can you imagine that stray schooner far from the battle with tons of levels into acomodations just having people spawning in beds, going up the mast and gliding, then that sloop filled to the brim with swivel guns parks just near the target and lays waste to the gliders with AA grapeshots.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Dear devs,

sky dogfighting is not bad for a WWI game.. becoming the emperor of skys !

In a game about ship-to-ship battles we do really need no 1-hit-dragons and no gliders with 5000 miles flight range.

Please take this out here.

The gliders are your issue? The dragon I can understand being OP, but gliders? 

1. Cant carry extra, cant fly if you cant jump.

2. No wepons on a glider.

3. No bed on a glider.

4. No extra armor on a glider.

5. Bigger hit box to shoot at if your on a glider.

6. Its not easy to use a glider and they glitch very easily with the current net code and you drop into water, or die with nowhere ro respawn.

In what way is this utility tool that can be decent at scouting and little else bothering your pirate theme? 

Even if 100 peeps glide a whole square to your island, what would they do? 20 min of flying to get killed with no supplies or respawns? No cannons for siege. It would be useless.

Glider suits are by far the most fun toy in the game that isnt a big boat. Its a great tool for scouting and moving about the upper tiers of islands that would otherwise be extremely hard to get to. I would prefer you spend your time complaining about real issues and not things that work fine and add value to the game.

MOAR WALL HATE, LETS GO! 😁

• Like 1

The is not a pirate sim.. its a fantasy mmo that just happens to have some ship combat in it haha.. ok a lot of ship combat but its a fantasy game so can have fantasy elements.. 

24 minutes ago, Chucksteak said:

The gliders are your issue? The dragon I can understand being OP, but gliders? 

1. Cant carry extra, cant fly if you cant jump.

2. No wepons on a glider.

3. No bed on a glider.

4. No extra armor on a glider.

5. Bigger hit box to shoot at if your on a glider.

6. Its not easy to use a glider and they glitch very easily with the current net code and you drop into water, or die with nowhere ro respawn.

In what way is this utility tool that can be decent at scouting and little else bothering your pirate theme? 

Even if 100 peeps glide a whole square to your island, what would they do? 20 min of flying to get killed with no supplies or respawns? No cannons for siege. It would be useless.

Glider suits are by far the most fun toy in the game that isnt a big boat. Its a great tool for scouting and moving about the upper tiers of islands that would otherwise be extremely hard to get to. I would prefer you spend your time complaining about real issues and not things that work fine and add value to the game.

MOAR WALL HATE, LETS GO! 😁

With the server latency being as.... "good" as it is, good luck hitting a glider in your moderate seas, where you bob up and down like you are at the end of a bungee cord after a drop off a bridge.  

That and gliders move at supersonic speeds.. WAY faster than anything else in the game, hell I think they are faster than cannonballs.   

As a matter a fact I am pretty sure a schooner with a large speed saild and a small speed sail empty is faster than a cannonball.   

The range on grape shot is crap, if you are outside of 30m good luck hitting anything.  Flames still have better range than grape, and canister shot.   

Even NPCs on puckle guns are pretty pointless because of their low range even when set to the max range.   

The islands that are in the oceans were once in the sky. The lore even mentions them returning to the sky. 

Gliders were quite OP early on when you could redeploy in flight and carry lots of weight. You use a glitch to load yourself with like 10K weight and as you can't jump you just climb on tower and drop from there which would deploy your glider and you can bring those 10K of weight across multiple servers if you are good with the glider. Now it's no longer possible, so not that OP.

43 minutes ago, DilBert said:

The islands that are in the oceans were once in the sky. The lore even mentions them returning to the sky. 

Yes, it is because of the lore. But I can understand people are annoying by it. I’m aswell. When I go over to unofficial I’ll definitely rule out any flying apart from the gliders. 

Gliders are interesting but it fits with the lore. I myself dont want sky pirates. I'm a huge history nerd on golden of age sail piracy.

34 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

Gliders are interesting but it fits with the lore. I myself dont want sky pirates. I'm a huge history nerd on golden of age sail piracy.

Atlas is not set in the 1600-1700s. 

9 minutes ago, DilBert said:

Atlas is not set in the 1600-1700s. 

Thats why gilders fit with the lore. Thats why we are going to get some magical items.

Edited by KingLlama