Sign in to follow this  
rasemaier

new ship types

32 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

true. that is why i was thinking they should be very rare.....but on second thought i can see where this can become a bad idea...i take back the idea....is that allowed?

Just dont want to see mega clans being more op than they currently are. The biggest issue ig atm is company size.

24 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

Just dont want to see mega clans being more op than they currently are. The biggest issue ig atm is company size.

i agree. if they ever decide to add anything like this I would hope it is a much later expansion. i definitely don't think we should have it now. Let's get the basic game working first before we open another can of worms.

I know this isn't a reality based game. as they think a Brigantine is a type of hull instead of a sail plan.

5 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

how about a 74 gun Ship of the Line. while we are at it can we PLEASE get an Extra Large sail fro the Galleon.

You can build a 74gun SoL out of a Galleon...  It just takes a little bit of work.

3 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

the galleon needs a HUUUUGE speed nerf. IT SHOULD BE THE SLOWEST SHIP!!    DEVS SLOW THE GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT GALLEON DOWN!!

It is the 2nd fastest ship in the game.  When it is empty.  If you load it with guns, ammo and repair parts it slows WAY down.  Not as bad as say a schooner but it slows down.   I personally think what it should do is turn WAY slower.. it can keep its speed but it turns too fast.  

1 hour ago, Stimpack said:

u guys know, that in RL, large ships are faster than small ones? ^^

maybe you should go back to School 😉

You are both wrong and right, it depends on the ship's purpose. An empty cargo ship can sail faster than a cruise ship only because it HAS to have that much engine power to haul all that weight in a reasonable time period. However, loaded down it will be the slowest ship on the seas. That aside, the larger ships do not sail faster....the just cover more water at a faster rate. Yet a speed boat can still outrun anything 300 x its size. Larger vs small is irrelevant, it all depends on purpose and enginers on board.

Right now Galleons are not the second fastest ship, they are THE fastest ship in the game, and even though this game is far from trying to be realistic, that's quite bad in terms of game balance, strategic design and immersion. If you went back to school you'd learn that Galleons were pretty slow back then. That being said, I have no problems with there being a very fast large ship, as long as it has less decks, and less overall combat capabilities like a clipper for example.

2 minutes ago, Swordphobic said:

Right now Galleons are not the second fastest ship, they are THE fastest ship in the game, and even though this game is far from trying to be realistic, that's quite bad in terms of game balance, strategic design and immersion. If you went back to school you'd learn that Galleons were pretty slow back then. That being said, I have no problems with there being a very fast large ship, as long as it has less decks, and less overall combat capabilities like a clipper for example.

Every war ship needs to be slow. Usually because of the cannons. For now, I’d like them to fix other things before tweaking anything from the ships. But yes agree, I’d rather have a man of war with 100 cannons being extremely slow and bad in evading than a fast brig or something. 

My 2 cents.

Size/firepower/weight should be a tradeoff for speed.  I know of another game whereby this tradeoff is not thought out well.  There are 5 ships in that game and as a result, only 2 are used by the players rendering the other 3 a waste of materials.

Sloops by far should be the fastest ship in the game. Galleons should be the slowest. Everything in between should have it's speed adjusted according to that.  That is why REAL pirates preferred sloops and schooners. They were fast and agile.  They could catch trade ships when they needed and outrun heavily armed ships when they were outgunned.

Without this type of balancing, you'll quickly find sloops to be useless.  Mine has barely moved since I build my meta-schooner.

Just wait till Release, then you can Build Flying Ghost Ships that are more like Panes and Submarines. Then We can play the Second World War...

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

My 2 cents.

Size/firepower/weight should be a tradeoff for speed.  I know of another game whereby this tradeoff is not thought out well.  There are 5 ships in that game and as a result, only 2 are used by the players rendering the other 3 a waste of materials.

Sloops by far should be the fastest ship in the game. Galleons should be the slowest. Everything in between should have it's speed adjusted according to that.  That is why REAL pirates preferred sloops and schooners. They were fast and agile.  They could catch trade ships when they needed and outrun heavily armed ships when they were outgunned.

Without this type of balancing, you'll quickly find sloops to be useless.  Mine has barely moved since I build my meta-schooner.

same for me. My schooner is too OP if it comes to speed at this point. Even loaded it’s still damn fast.

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

same for me. My schooner is too OP if it comes to speed at this point. Even loaded it’s still damn fast.

We went to pick someone up last night at a freeport in the schooner.  We have one euro playing with us.  They lagged off the deck and because I was running full sail, it took a bit to get turned around to pick them up.  Before I got to them, sharks did. And that's all fine.  We got their gear and took off again.  And, the player died again while naked.  This time, we were moving so fast and their lag was bad enough that whenever they tried to respawn on the schooner's bed, they appeared fathoms behind us.  We've relocated the bed on the schooner in the bow to hopefully keep them onboard when they respawn.

3 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

the galleon needs a HUUUUGE speed nerf. IT SHOULD BE THE SLOWEST SHIP!!    DEVS SLOW THE GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT GALLEON DOWN!!

Remember kids, all caps is cruise control for cool. People will take you more seriously if you do it. Also use lots of exclamation points. It shows how urgent it is that the devs drop everything and fulfill your demands.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

We went to pick someone up last night at a freeport in the schooner.  We have one euro playing with us.  They lagged off the deck and because I was running full sail, it took a bit to get turned around to pick them up.  Before I got to them, sharks did. And that's all fine.  We got their gear and took off again.  And, the player died again while naked.  This time, we were moving so fast and their lag was bad enough that whenever they tried to respawn on the schooner's bed, they appeared fathoms behind us.  We've relocated the bed on the schooner in the bow to hopefully keep them onboard when they respawn.

That happened to my friend on a sloop, had to stop the boat for a couple of seconds and then off we went.

5 hours ago, Swordphobic said:

That happened to my friend on a sloop, had to stop the boat for a couple of seconds and then off we went.

if you build sloping roofs on ships and run up on them, you have to make sure that there is no wall underneath.

Only triangular walls on the side.

Edited by rasemaier

They confirmed they will be adding more ships in their captains log, will have to wait and see what ones though

• Like 1

There needs to be a ship between the brig and galleon, the power jump is too massive, a schooner and a brig is not nearly as big of a power jump. Sloops are useless at this point.

1.I think we need new ships in the game like snow, mercury or even batter constitution  large ships. 2. They must add repairs which u need craft for repair ur ship, sails for repair sails and rum for batter crew skill's limite time. 

6 hours ago, 3sixtyy said:

1.I think we need new ships in the game like snow, mercury or even batter constitution  large ships. 2. They must add repairs which u need craft for repair ur ship, sails for repair sails and rum for batter crew skill's limite time. 

So a Brig, a Brig and a Frigate?   

LOL....  

I find it just a little annoying that they have confused a Sail Plan (Brigantine) as a hull type. A Brig is a 2 masted warship with Square sails on all masts. usually it was a small or mediums sized hull. A schooner was typically a 2 masted merchant, sometimes more, with fore and aft rigged sails on all mast. And no ship mounted more than four sails until the end of the age of sail with the clippers. definitely not during the age of piracy.