Sign in to follow this  
rasemaier

new ship types

It would be cool if you could add new types of ships for a change.
For example Egyptian or Viking ships.
To keep it fair, the different types should have only minimal differences in values, but different buffs.
For example, the Egyptian ship should provide better protection from heat, or have more speed in shallow waters. The Viking ship, on the other hand, would be better protected from cold.
It would also be interesting if the Viking ships could only be built in the North Pole or in the tundra.

just for fun: adds chinese ships. More crew = cheaper 😉

Edited by rasemaier

how about a 74 gun Ship of the Line. while we are at it can we PLEASE get an Extra Large sail fro the Galleon.

Tiny, small, large shipyard. Maybe that is a hint. A couple of ships between Schooner and Brig.

Limitation of max cannons per ship please and per facing.

These creative one shot-kill-everything front guns design galleons hurt my eyes.

Edited by Talono

1 hour ago, Skyroguen said:

how about a 74 gun Ship of the Line. while we are at it can we PLEASE get an Extra Large sail fro the Galleon.

the galleon needs a HUUUUGE speed nerf. IT SHOULD BE THE SLOWEST SHIP!!    DEVS SLOW THE GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT GALLEON DOWN!!

4 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

the galleon needs a HUUUUGE speed nerf. IT SHOULD BE THE SLOWEST SHIP!!    DEVS SLOW THE GIANT UGLY PIECE OF SHIT GALLEON DOWN!!

i agree. the weight of the ship should have a greater effect on it's speed. and 6 sails is just ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Talono said:

Limitation of max cannons per ship please and per facing.

These creative one shot-kill-everything front guns design galleons hurt my eyes.

they should restrict guns on ships to gun-ports. and maybe allow the windowed wall act as a gun-port. this would at lease spread them out a bit.

Galley/galleass, slow transport steamboats (npcs merchants already use them), Clippers, Carracks, Sambuks, Frigates, Man o war, Viking ships (both small and big ones). 

They could also add Rams, Corvus, smaller cannons that you can pick up and reposition, Oars, lighter planks (for those who just want increased speed) and refine their navigation mechanics to make anything that is not speed sails worth using .

Hell, someone could go play a bit of uncharted waters online for more inspiration on what ships and types of ships to add.

44 minutes ago, rasemaier said:

like beds where you can level the number of guns.

I like this idea but would limit this to "free" guns not mounted in gun-ports. this would allow for engineering of the shipbuilders. and allow certain guns, like the mortar that don't go well into gun-ports. As an example the Brig would start with 1 or 2 free gun slots, and the Galleon might start with 3 or 4. Levels could be spent to gain additional free-gun slots or the first one for the smaller ships. Like the other stats it would take multiple levels to gain a slot.

I would like to see additional Sail types to help flesh out the different ships types, like the Lanteen Sail or Junk sails. Personally I think the sails should have been made in sections and stacked on top of each other with the platforms as additions. I also think the ladders should have been built into the masts.

I would also like to see the early steam boats and paddle wheelers.

Edited by Skyroguen

I could see an Ironclad. Very Heavy, Very slow, and takes extra damage in storms, but it's a turtle that takes a lot of damage from siege weapons. cost lots of metal among other resources and the blue print would be very rare.

27 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

I could see an Ironclad. Very Heavy, Very slow, and takes extra damage in storms, but it's a turtle that takes a lot of damage from siege weapons. cost lots of metal among other resources and the blue print would be very rare.

I would prefer to see ships from the 1600-1700s. Not metal-armored floating tanks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

I would prefer to see ships from the 1600-1700s. Not metal-armored floating tanks.

the original ironclads were armored sailing ships

but i get you.

Edited by Skyroguen

u guys know, that in RL, large ships are faster than small ones? ^^

maybe you should go back to School ;)

6 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

How about Korean turtle ships?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

u guys know, that in RL, large ships are faster than small ones? ^^

maybe you should go back to School 😉

doh, sorry i forgot that little tidbit. except when they were heavily laden of course.

15 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

the original ironclads were armored sailing ships

but i get you.

And were classified as “floating batteries”. They were also steam powered as well as sail powered

2 minutes ago, Bad News Bear said:

And were classified as “floating batteries”. They were also steam powered as well as sail powered

true. that is why i was thinking they should be very rare.....but on second thought i can see where this can become a bad idea...i take back the idea....is that allowed?

Maybe you could add optional oars to the ships.
These can be used by the players or NPC. Like the Dingy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rasemaier said:

Maybe you could add optional oars to the ships.
These can be used by the players or NPC. Like the Dingy.

they removed the need for oars when they added 30% against the wind sailing.

2 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

they removed the need for oars when they added 30% against the wind sailing.

They could do away with that buff and give us oars.

• Like 2

Just now, Swordphobic said:

They could do away with that buff and give us oars.

makes sense to me.....don't hold your breath though.

15 minutes ago, Skyroguen said:

true. that is why i was thinking they should be very rare.....but on second thought i can see where this can become a bad idea...i take back the idea....is that allowed?

Why would steam powered be a problem? Npc merchants already sail around with those.

2 minutes ago, Swordphobic said:

Why would steam powered be a problem? Npc merchants already sail around with those.

i think we are more worried about steam powered armored tank sailing around. griefing everyone. they would need to be very limited. and better left for a distant expansion than in the current build.

they also don't fit well with the pirate theme.

by the time the Iron clad came on the scene the pirates age had died out.

Edited by Skyroguen

3 minutes ago, Swordphobic said:

hink the idea is great for very slow ships with a lot of weight.