Casual Garry

GAME DYING, CONCEPT LACKS BC OF THE NOLIFERS

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

So how do you know it took 15 minutes if you were at work

Company log timestamps when your building pieces are destroyed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, labatts said:

And that is a pretty good concept for unofficial server go do that there. The people i speak of are ones that do not play from 4pm -12 am. There are other time zones that play in NA server. Also people that work different schedules you would be limiting. If official is not to your liking then go play unofficial and stop demanding that it change.

Darkfall was a different game and that died before it even had a chance for many different reasons. RIP Darkfall you will be missed 😞

Darkfall is still alive thanks to Big Picture Games. Riseofagon.com

3 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

Darkfall is still alive thanks to Big Picture Games. Riseofagon.com

I dont call 20-40 ppl alive haha. BPG and DND devs should have just combined resources and made 1 game and it would have been amazing.

6 minutes ago, labatts said:

I dont call 20-40 ppl alive haha. BPG and DND devs should have just combined resources and made 1 game and it would have been amazing.

I work with BPG as a 3D modeler. The game is free to play and is growing steadily. 

with a F2P service how is the game maintaining itself ?

Edited by labatts

20 hours ago, Ganelot said:

Cant You put NPC`s with cannons and guns to protect your loot? I`m playing pve so i don`t know if it would work (cos i dont have time / have to go to work etc)

Oh you can but the grind to get them up and then pay them is horrible. Not an easy task at all for smaller companies. Plus some of the exploits allowed for easy win win game mode. Aimbots caused massive loss of land, even being online to defend it. Pets get slaughtered etc.. The devs just are ruining their own game by not fixing those game breaking exploits. So many more that haven't been mentioned like our streamers that glitch into boats to setup explosive barrels... but they keep getting away with it. Oh and another one, brute force doors and grappling and glitching into windows.

Official has turned out to be cancer...

Edited by Sneakydude

23 hours ago, Casual Garry said:

GAME DYING, CONCEPT LACKS BC OF THE NOLIFERS

5 layer stone gate was broken through in 15 mins. We were sleepin for 8 hours bc we need to go work. 
And  we must go to work or study or have shower, eat something, tidy up the house ... etc. Full of usually things what a human does.
Two month of hard work gone in a couple of mins, bc the concept what brought from ark is a crap.

This game is for nolifers.

Its not a cry its just some kind of a review, this game worth nothing to invest, neither your precious time!

Two months ? Did I miss a month ?

Either way it's early access there will be lots of balance patches some that make it to easy for people to destroy buildings and so on.. also there will probably be wipes throughout development.. best not to get attached to anything.

You could team up with people who are not in the same time zone giving you a bit of extra cover. 

Easy solution devs must add protection to all our land, building's and ship when we are offline this protection stop when we online again. And dissable mobs to spawn in our building's to kill us when we sleep most anoying thing in the game right now for me. I already lost tamed animal's because of that. 

Edited by 3sixtyy

Lol all these kids saying if you don’t like it then go play somewhere else are the no life low life’s doing all the offline raiding. I gave up on official a long time ago after being offlined a number of times in the polar.... like seriously why bother raid some hermit in the polar.... they raided an empty base twice after I closed it up with nothing in it. 

To the kids saying get gud and go play on unofficial. You will have no one to offline soon. You turned this into rust.

enjoy PVPing walls at night chumps. The games nearly dead.

ps, don’t mention pve. I’m back on rust. See you there soon?

Edited by Polar Express
Salt farming.
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

Lol all these kids saying if you don’t like it then go play somewhere else are the no life low life’s doing all the offline raiding. I gave up on official a long time ago after being offlined a number of times in the polar.... like seriously why bother raid some hermit in the polar.... they raided an empty base twice after I closed it up with nothing in it. 

To the kids saying get gud and go play on unofficial. You will have no one to offline soon. You turned this into rust.

Bye. Can’t miss people like you enough right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3sixtyy said:

Easy solution devs must add protection to all our land, building's and ship when we are offline this protection stop when we online again. And dissable mobs to spawn in our building's to kill us when we sleep most anoying thing in the game right now for me. I already lost tamed animal's because of that. 

You should go check out the PVE server might be more of a fit for you.

32 minutes ago, Polar Express said:

You seem to be the type that complains about being offline raided and go to a ORP server and get raided online and call hacks and quit anyways. Either go play PVE or look for another game you will not be missed.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 11:27 AM, labatts said:

Because the mechanic you speak about would be abused badly. Like i said if you want pvp regulated go to a unofficial server. Alot of us like the way offical is and do not want it changed. There are servers out there already for what you want try them out. 

Aye but look how many players have gone in the last two weeks alone... There was a point where nearly every server I joined was maxed out, I'm lucky now if I see mmore than 40 people on a server? Doesn''t that tell you something? Unofficial servers are not the answer... Sure people go try them out, but look at the costs to run one, They wont be around for long, people will get fed up of unofficials starting up and closing down due to lack of funds, and will eventually leave anyway...

People go to unofficial servers because the official servers are not what they want, basic psychology, peopple like the game baseplate - but don't like where it is going already within the first month and already leaving... so what does this tell you?

6 hours ago, labatts said:

The game is dying for many other reasons. On top of that alot of people are heading to unofficial servers to play. I am a solo player that plays during off time due to work schedule. I do not want ORP and I am OK with offline raiding. I also do not have 16-20 hrs to play just roughly 3-4 hrs a day if that.  

And I bet you are part of a 200 man group with players 24/7 anyway or don't actually have the desire to learn how to PvP properly?

On 1/28/2019 at 10:18 AM, Thor Ragnarock said:

I agree they need to figure something out for the long term for this. I am tired of the "go to a private server" or "this is Official PVP." Just because ARK was like that doesn't mean Atlas has to be the toxic poison that exisits in ARK and Rust and other games similar to it where offline raiding is the meta. Offline raiding could be disabled on the PVP servers and they could still be PVP servers where you have to wait for someone to be online. I honestly don't know how people who break into a base and steal everything while no one is there find that fun and enjoyable. But that's just me. It's kind of like taking candy from a baby and feeling good about it. Oh god did you see me? I stole the candy hahaha. That is the image I have in my head for those people. I have been offline raided, I have just gone from keep stockpiles to using things up as they are gathered.

EvE got this half right... And that half I would still take over this... The OR side that is... - I raided someone 2 days ago, the alliance wanted them off the island, I had the decency to wait untill they were online to fight, why? because it isn't fun offline raiding, it isn't even PvP - It's literally like taking Candy from a baby, I'm the sort that I would rather give someone a chance to defend the hours of effort they put in to playing, building grinding etc... It is safe to say that group did not give the same chance, They had multiple beds all over the island, waited untill we were offlline then came and paid a visit... So tell me how is PvP fun here? Other than showing peoples characters in RL where they feel the need to not give anyone a fair chance... Will I conform to this mentality no! - Everyone has a right to defend... They are going for aspects of realism in this game, that is not practical with the rest of the game

6 hours ago, Brick said:

So how do you know it took 15 minutes if you were at work? 

Sorry, no one destroyed 5 layers of gates in 15 minutes unless they had multiple ships shooting it down and you had no defense towers built...

1 cannon 400 balls... can make light work of 5 gates, depending how far apart they are spaced...
You can spend 3 days gatheringg enough resources to triple wall a building, and lose that in 15 minutes easily... do the maths? 72hours of hard grinding - to lose in 15 minutes, because you only need one hole in a wall.....

I'm an avid PvP player, I have played alot of alphas, alot of PvP oriented games, and I can tell you this game is just for kids with no lifes at this point....

Edited by R4GN4R
  • Like 2

You seem like one of the chumps I railed by ramming cheap as Fuck  ramshackles into their brigs. Can’t do that anymore since the cry babies lost their shit and squealed to the devs to change it. If ramming and sinking a brig with a ramshackle is too cheap and nasty to have in a PvP game or getting wolves to attack your ship by aggroing it and standing there while it sinks your shit then why hasn’t offline raiding been patched yet? Is that not in the same spirit senpai?

also please send moar rage. That didn’t take you long to take the bait. Send some freinds too so I can hear what they gotta say.

ps, I’m australian. I play rust with the Chinese you guys get so salty about and cry in the forums. They hack, so we git gud. Difference is you people in NA and EU are generally pretty bad so you cry about and call hacks and “quit anyways” rusty moose is like rust PVE  compared to any aussie server. Git gud scrub.

luv you

1 hour ago, labatts said:

You should go check out the PVE server might be more of a fit for you.

You seem to be the type that complains about being offline raided and go to a ORP server and get raided online and call hacks and quit anyways. Either go play PVE or look for another game you will not be missed.

Edited by Polar Express
More salt.

17 hours ago, R4GN4R said:

Aye but look how many players have gone in the last two weeks alone... There was a point where nearly every server I joined was maxed out, I'm lucky now if I see mmore than 40 people on a server? Doesn''t that tell you something? Unofficial servers are not the answer... Sure people go try them out, but look at the costs to run one, They wont be around for long, people will get fed up of unofficials starting up and closing down due to lack of funds, and will eventually leave anyway...

People go to unofficial servers because the official servers are not what they want, basic psychology, peopple like the game baseplate - but don't like where it is going already within the first month and already leaving... so what does this tell you?

And I bet you are part of a 200 man group with players 24/7 anyway or don't actually have the desire to learn how to PvP properly?

The players have left because of many reasons hackers, exploiters, game bugs. lack of content which happens to alot of games. Give it time for the devs to fix and work things out people will return. and to answer your other question no im not part of a 200 man company i am actually a solo player that only plays about 2-4 hrs a day and am very good at PVP.

16 hours ago, Polar Express said:

You seem like one of the chumps I railed by ramming cheap as Fuck  ramshackles into their brigs. Can’t do that anymore since the cry babies lost their shit and squealed to the devs to change it. If ramming and sinking a brig with a ramshackle is too cheap and nasty to have in a PvP game or getting wolves to attack your ship by aggroing it and standing there while it sinks your shit then why hasn’t offline raiding been patched yet? Is that not in the same spirit senpai?

also please send moar rage. That didn’t take you long to take the bait. Send some freinds too so I can hear what they gotta say.

ps, I’m australian. I play rust with the Chinese you guys get so salty about and cry in the forums. They hack, so we git gud. Difference is you people in NA and EU are generally pretty bad so you cry about and call hacks and “quit anyways” rusty moose is like rust PVE  compared to any aussie server. Git gud scrub.

luv you

Offline raid protection is coming by the way 😂

16 minutes ago, labatts said:

The players have left because of many reasons hackers, exploiters, game bugs. lack of content which happens to alot of games. Give it time for the devs to fix and work things out people will return. and to answer your other question no im not part of a 200 man company i am actually a solo player that only plays about 2-4 hrs a day and am very good at PVP.

Nah they won’t return. No dinos lol

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Nah they won’t return. No dinos lol

Hahaha give it time im sure they will appear.

Just now, labatts said:

Hahaha give it time im sure they will appear.

Cool. I am just as excited to watch as you are.

Just now, Realist said:

Cool. I am just as excited to watch as you are.

We are not far from it now. We have wyverns i mean Drakes Along with a few others already.

1 minute ago, labatts said:

We are not far from it now. We have wyverns i mean Drakes Along with a few others already.

Really need “birds” though. Once they arrive we can have air supremacy again.

cant wait for that. Ships are for losers

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Really need “birds” though. Once they arrive we can have air supremacy again.

cant wait for that. Ships are for losers

Uh the pteranodon is already in the game i just believe you cant tame it. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, R4GN4R said:

You can spend 3 days gatheringg enough resources to triple wall a building, and lose that in 15 minutes easily... do the maths? 72hours of hard grinding - to lose in 15 minutes, because you only need one hole in a wall.....

this is exactly what i feel is the problem with the game, the risk vs reward