Casual Garry

GAME DYING, CONCEPT LACKS BC OF THE NOLIFERS

5 layer stone gate was broken through in 15 mins. We were sleepin for 8 hours bc we need to go work. 
And  we must go to work or study or have shower, eat something, tidy up the house ... etc. Full of usually things what a human does.
Two month of hard work gone in a couple of mins, bc the concept what brought from ark is a crap.

This game is for nolifers.

Its not a cry its just some kind of a review, this game worth nothing to invest, neither your precious time!

• Like 4

Hey, person 100 to say the game is dieing. 'game this' 'game that'. Grow up. If you play on official and you are in an EA game you know these things can happen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Hey, person 100 to say the game is dieing. 'game this' 'game that'. 

That might be a sign of something being wrong with the game, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sounds like OP needs offline raid protection. Plenty of private servers that have it try those out. 

Part of early access use to mean that you tell developers that the direction you are going is making people quit. But people insist on taking no feedback anymore and allowing other users to attack those giving feedback.  That has became a pretty typical experience in EA of the last two years. So IDK, I just say ok, your direction doesn't line up with the direction of the majority, so you ignore majority, game has less people than it would later on, who really cares.  But the only card I have for myself is that I remember the development process of the devs from EA games I try out, and then when they release something else, I decide to purchase based completely off that previous EA experience.  But yea for the OP, it's not a secret they have left the majority of people simply shaking their heads.  Someone else will come along and repeat this type of game I thought this was, and I'll but that instead of the next game this company or any of these devs produce regardless of studio they work for.  So for instance, Rocket Dean Hall over a project would mean a no buy for me. 

• Like 2

Well in Ark you could just fire up a private Server and be done. Here you are somewhat forced to play official. You have to admit that is a lot harder to run your own Server in Atlas unless you want to play on a very small grid or dish out a ton of money. Even with the mods that fire up the servers you need, still a lot more work.

36 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

That might be a sign of something being wrong with the game, no?

If you think that is, it's not even worth talking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casual Garry said:

5 layer stone gate was broken through in 15 mins. We were sleepin for 8 hours bc we need to go work. 
And  we must go to work or study or have shower, eat something, tidy up the house ... etc. Full of usually things what a human does.
Two month of hard work gone in a couple of mins, bc the concept what brought from ark is a crap.

Its not a cry its just some kind of a review, this game worth nothing to invest, neither your precious time!

Yeah. My company got wiped from having 4 islands on a grid square to nothing. Each time they attack at night when we slept. WIth each island gone with ships too, less people on our side logging in... then the building changes meaning we couldn't rebuild or fortify... of our company of about 40 something people there are 3 or 4 left who intend to keep playing on official servers...

GG Grapecard / Wildshot

Cant You put NPC`s with cannons and guns to protect your loot? I`m playing pve so i don`t know if it would work (cos i dont have time / have to go to work etc)

I agree they need to figure something out for the long term for this. I am tired of the "go to a private server" or "this is Official PVP." Just because ARK was like that doesn't mean Atlas has to be the toxic poison that exisits in ARK and Rust and other games similar to it where offline raiding is the meta. Offline raiding could be disabled on the PVP servers and they could still be PVP servers where you have to wait for someone to be online. I honestly don't know how people who break into a base and steal everything while no one is there find that fun and enjoyable. But that's just me. It's kind of like taking candy from a baby and feeling good about it. Oh god did you see me? I stole the candy hahaha. That is the image I have in my head for those people. I have been offline raided, I have just gone from keep stockpiles to using things up as they are gathered.

You can do npcs, but it certainly doesn't stop raiding, it's very much possible to sit outside the range of npcs and tear a base apart or get around them as they currently exist primarily sitting on turrets. Maintaining a large force of npcs gets expensive to do as well and is certainly not going to stop someone from getting through.

The game just became a lot more bearable for me when i accepted the fact that i can do with just 7 hours of sleep. If i can repair a ship every 7 hours i can store my mobile base ship at a freeport!

Good that we're being paid for playing atlas so we don't need to have jobs, right?

Just got the news that 4 dragons just showed up at our tundra base and burnt all the ships. Amazing game.

Edited by LaiTash

3 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Игра стала для меня гораздо более терпимой, когда я принял тот факт, что я могу спать всего 7 часов. Если я могу ремонтировать корабль каждые 7 часов, я могу хранить свой мобильный базовый корабль в свободном порту!

Хорошо, что нам платят за игру в атласе, поэтому нам не нужно работать, верно?

How long before the ship is completely destroyed? Damage in % or in exact figures? Thank you!

Just now, KNZVgame said:

How long before the ship is completely destroyed? Damage in % or in exact figures? Thank you!

Tested on a schooner and ramshacle sloop. Planks on a shcooner take 7 damage per minute, 6/minute for a ramshackle sloop. Planks begin to leak at 25%. In theory planks on a schonner can survive 9 hours, but better to stay on a safe side.

Staying at the wheel with ship maintenance fully unlocked decreases the decay in half, that could give you a couple of hours more if you don't mind leaving the game open when you go to sleep, but since you can get disconnected anytime i wouldn't count on those additional hours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

I agree they need to figure something out for the long term for this. I am tired of the "go to a private server" or "this is Official PVP." Just because ARK was like that doesn't mean Atlas has to be the toxic poison that exisits in ARK and Rust and other games similar to it where offline raiding is the meta. Offline raiding could be disabled on the PVP servers and they could still be PVP servers where you have to wait for someone to be online. I honestly don't know how people who break into a base and steal everything while no one is there find that fun and enjoyable. But that's just me. It's kind of like taking candy from a baby and feeling good about it. Oh god did you see me? I stole the candy hahaha. That is the image I have in my head for those people. I have been offline raided, I have just gone from keep stockpiles to using things up as they are gathered.

Because the mechanic you speak about would be abused badly. Like i said if you want pvp regulated go to a unofficial server. Alot of us like the way offical is and do not want it changed. There are servers out there already for what you want try them out. 

35 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Испытано на шхуне и ветхом шлюпе. Доски на школьниках получают 7 урона в минуту, 6 / минуту для ветхого шлюпа. Доски начинают протекать на 25%. Теоретически доски на schonner могут выжить 9 часов, но лучше остаться на безопасной стороне.

Пребывание за рулем при полностью разблокированном обслуживании корабля уменьшает затухание вдвое, что может дать вам еще пару часов, если вы не против оставить игру открытой, когда вы ложитесь спать, но так как вы можете отключиться в любое время, я не смогу не рассчитывать на эти дополнительные часы.

Hmm, curious... thanks for the information!

Interestingly, 10 NPC repairing the ship anchored in the Freeport will be able to level the destruction?

10 minutes ago, KNZVgame said:

Hmm, curious... thanks for the information!

Interestingly, 10 NPC repairing the ship anchored in the Freeport will be able to level the destruction?

They don't repair at freeports, at least mine didn't. 

54 minutes ago, labatts said:

Because the mechanic you speak about would be abused badly. Like i said if you want pvp regulated go to a unofficial server. Alot of us like the way offical is and do not want it changed. There are servers out there already for what you want try them out. 

Pretty curious who are "you"? 😄 The unemployed people or the ones that play at nights? In both cases that's quite far away from the majority of the PvP players on officials. Offline protection for 8 or 12 hours a day that leaves 16 or 12 a day for raiding and siegeing (sea battles are 24/7) won't break PvP in any way, because offline raiding aka PvW(alls) is not really PvP. Alternatively there can be vulnerability windows like in EvE where each company sets their time when they can defend.

1 hour ago, labatts said:

You won't even give the mechanic a chance to be created and teethed. You immediately say it's going to be a failure. Wouldn't you rather there be a lot more people to play with? I shouldn't have to go to a server that either I pay to host or that someone else is paying to host. I paid for the public version of the game. Why don't YOU take your pvp mentality to a private server? See what I did there? Yea it goes both ways my friend.

2 hours ago, labatts said:

Oflling is not PvP. Shame on you guys if youre telling that youre OKAY with the current settings. 
If thats true, youve got no tlife, just 16-20 hour gametime / day. 

This game could be else, not just one for nolifers, until that ...
... the population of this game is dying, the game itself is dying!

Edited by Casual Garry
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sharana said:

Pretty curious who are "you"? 😄 The unemployed people or the ones that play at nights? In both cases that's quite far away from the majority of the PvP players on officials. Offline protection for 8 or 12 hours a day that leaves 16 or 12 a day for raiding and siegeing (sea battles are 24/7) won't break PvP in any way, because offline raiding aka PvW(alls) is not really PvP. Alternatively there can be vulnerability windows like in EvE where each company sets their time when they can defend.

And that is a pretty good concept for unofficial server go do that there. The people i speak of are ones that do not play from 4pm -12 am. There are other time zones that play in NA server. Also people that work different schedules you would be limiting. If official is not to your liking then go play unofficial and stop demanding that it change.

9 hours ago, KingLlama said:

Offlining is bullshit. Games like darkfall did it right with a siege timer.

Darkfall was a different game and that died before it even had a chance for many different reasons. RIP Darkfall you will be missed 😞

15 hours ago, Casual Garry said:

Oflling is not PvP. Shame on you guys if youre telling that youre OKAY with the current settings. 
If thats true, youve got no tlife, just 16-20 hour gametime / day. 

This game could be else, not just one for nolifers, until that ...
... the population of this game is dying, the game itself is dying!

The game is dying for many other reasons. On top of that alot of people are heading to unofficial servers to play. I am a solo player that plays during off time due to work schedule. I do not want ORP and I am OK with offline raiding. I also do not have 16-20 hrs to play just roughly 3-4 hrs a day if that.  

17 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

You won't even give the mechanic a chance to be created and teethed. You immediately say it's going to be a failure. Wouldn't you rather there be a lot more people to play with? I shouldn't have to go to a server that either I pay to host or that someone else is paying to host. I paid for the public version of the game. Why don't YOU take your pvp mentality to a private server? See what I did there? Yea it goes both ways my friend.

That mechanic you want is already available in some unofficial servers. So why should the official change because you cant handle it. I do play in some unofficial servers but my main is official due to the no rules in pvp. I do not want a watered down experience. 

21 hours ago, Casual Garry said:

So how do you know it took 15 minutes if you were at work? 

Sorry, no one destroyed 5 layers of gates in 15 minutes unless they had multiple ships shooting it down and you had no defense towers built...