Sign in to follow this  
Joe Bro

Fountain of Youth is a JOKE!!

On 1/28/2019 at 8:43 AM, Archsenex said:

how the hell did you solo kill 8 dragons and hydras?  Or were you only talking about FOY solo?

He didn't. He got all the powerstones prior to the artifact key fix where once you killed one (hydra or drake) it respawned on your body indefinitely. A lot of people did it that way or they would wait at powerstones and loot the key from people's bodies.

Edited by Sp3cialG

Its 100% a joke. It doesn't matter if you did it or not , the point is it's a fucking travesty. Who comes up with this crap?

50 cyclops, sneak doesn't affect them, they run faster than you and one hit you. Brilliant. Bravo.

An entrance to the cave that only fits ONE person! Or giant snake / spider / lion / scorpion etc. Delete as applicable.

An entire coastline rammed with hundreds of ships. Jump off your ship end up stuck on a raft because of their other "fix".

Lag.

For the love of for fucks sake.

• Like 1

You'll always get one ....  the same guy that won £150m on the Euromillions or $1.5 billion on the US Powerball...   Claiming it's easy and telling everyone else to learn to pick numbers.

The fact that one person can do it, doesn't mean everyone else can lol.  When so many people have the same issue, it does deserve some attention.

• Like 1

Let's face it, FoY quest is a train wreck under a mudslide covered by an avalanche. Even in concept it is horribly flawed, as how did they expect anything other then what we have to occur. The enemies are overpowered and are in too large a number to fight,  evasion only way and virtually impossible through most of it. Take the fact that they had to know we would park a bajillion boats for fast travel and you have a tailor fit nightmare for the community that we have to periodically go through. Not cool Grapshot, not cool at all bro.

On the other hand it was a masterful troll on us....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indywoodtiger said:

On the other hand it was a masterful troll on us....

The sad thing is it feels like this could be true! What a damning indictment of game design that is!

4 of us went to H6 yesterday.  I had to log off, before seeing the cave.  They finally made it after several deaths.  When I got home, I made a ramshackle and went there... no way to do it alone.  A friend joined me, then another, one who had completed it earlier.  He was going to be bait for us and lure the baddies out of the way.  There was a lion blocking the cave entrance.  We could dodge the elementals, but the lion would not be lured out of the way.  We figured it was close to moving to M12, so went to the close freeport, built a raft in 5 minutes (3 of us gathering) and headed out.  M 12 was SO EASY!  The only thing we needed to do was have the one guy who did it earlier lure out a couple of snakes and bats.  We were able to walk in and complete it easy.  I do wonder though...  Maybe the longer it is open in a zone, the harder it gets?  Not one elemental or lion or wolf to deal with at M12.  If you are solo, I recommend getting maybe one or two more people there to run with.  Should be a breeze.  

As far as the whole mechanic of it?  It could be a cool idea.  The current implementation is not very good, but has potential.