Sign in to follow this  
DannyUK

Cargo carts for tames

Can anyone tell me if these are working right now? I've only just made 1 for my bear and everytime I put it on I don't seem to be able to pick more things up than without it, the weight within the bear stays the same when you take it off. I thought you could access the cart itself but going upto it does not give me an option like pressing E for inventory. Maybe I'm putting it in the wrong place?

Should it not therefore be called a gun carriage? If it's a cargo cart then it should be able to carry cargo. Or am I missing something?

Yea, the cargo saddle is just poorly named, their only real uses are for placing cannons/swivel guns for use against land sieges or killing hydra for PvE.  Any ammo placed in the bears inventory will pull when using the mounted weapons, similar to using an ammo crate on a ship.

can you put a storage chest on it. maybe that would be a way to add cargo without adding weight to the bear?

Well they need to rename this in game, it's certainly not a "cargo" cart. I have no use for trailing a cannon around with me on PVE, looks like it will stay in the storage box for ever. I had the impression you could put things in it being a cargo cart.

if you could put a chest on it, and if they allowed said chest some kind of advantage, such as the weight of items in the chest was reduced by 10%, 25% maybe 50%. then we would have an effective cargo carrier.

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

Well they need to rename this in game, it's certainly not a "cargo" cart. I have no use for trailing a cannon around with me on PVE, looks like it will stay in the storage box for ever. I had the impression you could put things in it being a cargo cart.

U and everyone else that put points in it 

They need to add storage to it or rename it 

3 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

if you could put a chest on it, and if they allowed said chest some kind of advantage, such as the weight of items in the chest was reduced by 10%, 25% maybe 50%. then we would have an effective cargo carrier.

If they added weight reduction they would have the same issue they had with elephants, so I don't see that happening.

I think they should include the tier 2 saddles, cargo saddle and carriage all under tier 2 saddles. How often are you really going to make a carriage or cargo saddle on pve?

3 minutes ago, arzosah said:

If they added weight reduction they would have the same issue they had with elephants, so I don't see that happening.

They should stop with weight reduction alltogether in ATLAS, it's not Ark, but they could definitely make the cargo carriage a weight increase... Increasing the total weight the bear can carry or invent something else, like give the cart a weight limit and make the bear just able to move it as long as the cart is within its own limit... With no weight reduction needed, if you put both in a ship then the ship gets to carry the actual total weight of cart and bear... Very simple, no exploit, no exceeding ship weight limit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

I think they should include the tier 2 saddles, cargo saddle and carriage all under tier 2 saddles. How often are you really going to make a carriage or cargo saddle on pve?

I don' see much point for the carriage, but the cargo saddle is used to get the artifact key for the powerstone since the Hydras aren't close enough to the shore to use ships. 

1 minute ago, arzosah said:

I don' see much point for the carriage, but the cargo saddle is used to get the artifact key for the powerstone since the Hydras aren't close enough to the shore to use ships. 

That’s still not a lot of uses to have 3 separate skills.

Perhaps add cargo and carriage to the same skill. Carriage is just a weird vanity thing. I know for sure you can put two people in a carriage, hit a few rocks and watch bodies fly. 

21 hours ago, Gaxon said:

That’s still not a lot of uses to have 3 separate skills.

Perhaps add cargo and carriage to the same skill. Carriage is just a weird vanity thing. I know for sure you can put two people in a carriage, hit a few rocks and watch bodies fly. 

You can actually fit more than 2 people in a carriage, it's a bit like a clown car if you want it to be.  But we've most recently used this for doing some treasure maps where it was more beneficial to have a few tames(bears) haul a carriage with 2 people rather than have everyone try to follow on tames.  

In water it ends up being a submarine with windows so the people in the back can and will drown if you go under.  They do need to add collision to it so that when travelling around they don't just get launched into/on rocks and random bits of terrain.

Cargo saddle is the strange one, it adds nothing right now that matches the definition "Cargo"  I've seen one post saying it was supposed to increase weight by 1k but I've not been able to get this to occur.  I would love to use it for "Cargo" and be able to carry around things like adding a storage chest or something to it and be able to haul around a few thousand kg of stone/metal(reduced weigh on hauling tame as it's not lifting but pulling the weight).

Yes you can now put a Large storage Crate in the back of the cargo cart and it will carry a ton of stuff .. my new bear tame has one on .. and it helps a lot when i am building a brig. 

@LunarDracos  You sir ... are a necromancer.  🙂

with the amount of times i have died in game,  I should pass all the info i have learned before i die again>.      A necromancer? hmn.     (new concept for a character in a friends RPG) would make it easier and cheaper  to man my Cargo ships making  the crew all undead  :skull:👻