Sign in to follow this  
UDO

the dicovery system to lvl up is boring traveling about just to land on islands and visit places is boring and takes too long

11 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

No, it's called game mechanics. There are over 1,700 discovery points to earn and let's be honest, if you've seen one wolf, you've seen them all.  Now, if I had treasure maps for every single discovery point, then I'd have a reason to do more than just hop off and hop back on. But I think 1,700+ maps would take a long time to farm (grind) and they'd disintegrate before I got to a fraction of them. As it is now, it's all about getting a 'been there, done that' t-shirt.

Oh I’m not saying it’s perfect. I like the mechanic, needs some tweaking just as lot is with this game. 

Just now, Percieval said:

Oh I’m not saying it’s perfect. I like the mechanic, needs some tweaking just as lot is with this game. 

Agreed.  If I get a discovery because I went to an island for another reason, great. I'm not going to spend a year of my life trying to specifically get discoveries though.

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Kidding aside, I think that adding something beyond the hopped ashore and left system would be a good idea. Perahaps on the islands bigger than a sandbar with delusions of grandeur, when you got your hop ashore banner, you also got a treasure map unique to that island that was further inland? 

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Kidding aside, I think that adding something beyond the hopped ashore and left system would be a good idea. Perahaps on the islands bigger than a sandbar with delusions of grandeur, when you got your hop ashore banner, you also got a treasure map unique to that island that was further inland? 

Ye. I thought of just x amount of treasure maps that are ‘discovery maps’. Leading you to a discovery treasure where you get the points from. They still need to be procedurally generated though, otherwise people block them off. 

hours and hours of sailing to find explo points

so many deaths sometimes to have 1 point

at this point u need to create a real company to do this at this rate

ok its fun at beginning but coupled with bed broking tp its really frustating

yep sometimes bed is broken and dont let fast travel so u take A 2Nd ship and got here after 3Hours and find a bed perfectly ok 

u just lost 3 hours….

high rate of météos and events on sea so sometimes

to see the random beach with random snakes and pigs

when u doing this for the 87th time u starting to ask if …

comparaison killing a whale giving 50 pts

50 pts is minimum 100 hours of gameplay so once again

balanced ?

Well if people hadn’t bitched up a storm about the discovery poin change not being retroactive, it woul have been 3x as easy...now if they’d only flip back the stone costs as quickly...

• Like 1

got enough discovery points to lvl up again , ok great ,    

2 lvl 19 ship of the damned sunk , i leveled up ,     great now i have to go do it all over again ,

so now i have no way to lvl up while i once again go traveling about to get 24 discovery points or more points to get another lvl     this will take a few days to get , in the meantime i'm wasting a ton of xp that is lost while i'm out and about ...its not like the xp is still building up ready for when i get the discovery points its just wasted ..

possible suggestion lets us still earn xp so that when we finally get the discovery points we need at least its not wasted 

12 hours ago, Tobekan said:

I have hit my cap, and the required discoveries is a bit too much.  I can see requiring a few, but 23 discoveries per level?  That's too much.  Maybe 5/level.  It would also be good if XP stores up for you (maybe is does?).

apologise i didn't see your comment , but yes i agree , at least let the xp build up while we are out discovering the islands , even though 1 points per discovery is ridiculous , too many whiners that already had the points moaning that the recent change wasn't retroactive spoil it for everyone including themselves..

It's okay, even if the points are a little bit. Especially the special explorations in the middle of the islands and on mountains should be worth a little more.

I quite enjoy sailing around and exploring the world.. don't want it to be to easy maybe increase the amount of points you get like they were planning to do.

But they would have to make the extra ones count for the people Woh have already been exploring .. or only apply the increase when they do the first wipe. 

22 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

I quite enjoy sailing around and exploring the world.. don't want it to be to easy maybe increase the amount of points you get like they were planning to do.

But they would have to make the extra ones count for the people Woh have already been exploring .. or only apply the increase when they do the first wipe. 

noone has said they want it easy but when i do a full lvl up by killing sinking 2x sotd withn 20 mins of getting enough discovery points to lvl up again , , something is very off .   they say lvl cap is 100 ok fine but how much wasted xp will there be while sailing about trying to get points to lvl up again .. so in effect taking longer to lvl up overall while doing the boring sailing about landing on islands run about for 20 -30 mins then go to next one 😕 

too many entitled players moaned about he change to 3 points as they thought they were losing out , well guess what u lose out agian as now its only 1 point again , cos the devs cant make their minds up ,and rather appease the vocal MINORITY  instead of looking out for the game longer term health .

Edited by UDO

On 1/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, UDO said:

u dont read the whole thread then , no one said they don't explore i said the system of discovery points is boring . or do u just see what u want to see make silly comments and move on ?

the bullhurt is strong with you my son, tell me more :classic_biggrin:

On 1/28/2019 at 9:51 PM, Endo Fett said:

Well if people hadn’t bitched up a storm about the discovery poin change not being retroactive, it woul have been 3x as easy...now if they’d only flip back the stone costs as quickly...

They could just reduce the amount of discoveries per level for example, i don't know...

It's basically impossible to get all the points. I've seen too many discoveries completely blocked on lawless islands and it's even worse on normal ones (i'm not even talking about having to leave my ship there for more than 1 minute, even if you get permission to land there's absolutely no guarantee that land owners won't just sink it while you're trying to get on top of that stupid mountain, and that's now when megas didn't take ALL islands for themselves yet)

Edited by LaiTash

On 1/27/2019 at 6:05 AM, Stabby said:

I like it. Forces you to get our of your house and go explore. I think it's a good idea.

Might be better to get out of your house irl and go explore. Just sayin 

Reducing the amount to level would be a simple and acceptable fix, however they could make it to add content to the game.

Make it a series of quests. At max level you unlock a bunch of these.

Tundra discovery quest: Follow the maps and defeat the guardians at ten tundra locations. This would give you X amount of levels and upon completion +10% cold resist. plus maybe a unique item.

Desert: same but heat resist

Temperate: same but gathering or farming bonus

Etc...

This would not only make it more fun, but add extra incentive to do it, without turning it into an endless grind of hopping on and off your ship.

Every so often you find some lore otherwise you cant even unlock the damn buggy Discoveries as I have done 1/3 of the map

I like them system, don’t like how few of ways there are to get points. Add more things like killing whales getting 50 points and less of the land on island shit. My company literally builds gliders by the dozen and glides in kill ourselves and respawn on boat to get these points on the move. It’s dumb we are not discovering anything.

Just make it 1.5 points instead their initial change of 3.  People hopefully wouldn't whine as much.  But they better do it soon,  the longer they wait the worse it will be.  I actually love doing this.  I made a ship just for it,  has all the essentials and literally sailed straight up now half a map,  just made a turn and gonna head back toward starting point.  I've gotten around 80 points doing this in 3 irl days

I originally just planned on the ship either getting destroyed when done or leaving somewhere I could spawn to but have gotten decent resources not available where I'm from.  So will try to make it back home.    

Edited by Gfnjr

9 hours ago, RogueLdr said:

Tundra discovery quest: Follow the maps and defeat the guardians at ten tundra locations

5 of them are on mega's land, what do?