Sign in to follow this  
UDO

the dicovery system to lvl up is boring traveling about just to land on islands and visit places is boring and takes too long

I am getting close to my cap and going to have to go do some exploring, not really looking forward to it. Wish I didn't have to land on every island. Some islands have extra stuff to discover, some don't as best as I can tell. Wish there was a way to sail by and get discovery points by viewing it or at least sailing close enough to see a good portion of it on the map. And viewing features would let you get those points. There just isn't interesting enough stuff to get off and run around on every single island. I may wind up using a wind suit and seeing if that speeds it up a bit but 1700 some odd points.... Also have been playing since the start and have sailed about 1/4 of the map although haven't been stopping on most islands as I am limited to trying to get to my location asap most nights since it takes a few hours just to sail between bases if the wind and lag are being nice.

I like it. Forces you to get our of your house and go explore. I think it's a good idea.

• Like 2

All island is kinda  the same , only vary in resources , only fun for a few days and then the next island just don't feel so unique .

and the isles are super ugly because all the stupid walls and shipyards. this game is just horrible in many ways.

• Like 1

I pair treasure hunt with discovery.. dumb part is. I´m always maxed out in levels and you gain way way way faster exp than you can max out your level cap, so you basically waste exp on treasure hunts which annoys me a lot. 

But I agree.. discovery are tedious and annoying. If the islands would at least have something special to it, but they are just plain copies which are rotated a bit. Even discovery points are the same on a lot of islands with the same base layout. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

i like sailing and seeing new places, i do however not enjoy finding the tiny spot for the discovery on a island , things get bit better with using a spyglass but come on make the area where a discovery is "found" easier , i had one i had to ask the local inhabitants for help and it was a tiny speck of land close to the beach i couldent even see 😛  , sigh also some are bugged or so high up on a mountain top you cant get to them 

15 hours ago, Stabby said:

I like it. Forces you to get our of your house and go explore. I think it's a good idea.

i do get out and about , but its still boring having to land on every island  for  1 point then run around looking for the extra areas then move on 😕 

on PvP exploring is fun, as you never know how the locals are, overall i like the system 😛 

i still think it could use more points per discovery so it feels a little more rewarding. maybe like 2 per island + 3 for each extra discovery on the islands or something like that - and this change has to be retroactive 😛

I agree, in every company there will always be people that don't like sailing but rather stay behind and gather mats/build base, these people are invaluable for the company but gets severely punished by the game, instead of forcing people to go out and discover to level they should just unlock levels and put some other kind of bonus behind discoveries instead, something like 1 stat point or 2 skill points for each 30 discoveries.  

• Like 1

exploration in pvp = fun cause excitement to be on the open sea, every island are new dangers cause ne companies etc.

exploration in pve = hit island, go on land, ride around until you find discovery, go back to ship, sail to next island. rinse and repeat. the copy past island don´t really make it more exiting at all.. islands have nothing unique to them, nothing special and i do not really spend time on the island except riding around until I find the land discovery. wish every island would have something unique to it. 

farmville still needs players, i think it's a smart idea to force ppl to move around and get rewarded. dont like it move to another game. 

1 hour ago, xXDeathXx said:

farmville still needs players, i think it's a smart idea to force ppl to move around and get rewarded. dont like it move to another game. 

u dont read the whole thread then , no one said they don't explore i said the system of discovery points is boring . or do u just see what u want to see make silly comments and move on ?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, UDO said:

u dont read the whole thread then , no one said they don't explore i said the system of discovery points is boring . or do u just see what u want to see make silly comments and move on ?

this is 90% of the internet btw. 

Discoveries would be so much better if you would earn stuff for discoveries. 

Example:

- Go to an island, discover a new plant, gain a skill point for cooking

- Go to an island, discover a new animal, gain a skill point for taming

etc. 

With that exploring an island would actually be partly fun since you would need to study the enviroment if you have any use for you etc. 

People ‘all this game is about is exploring’

people ‘I don’t like exploring in this game’ .

I don’t mind it since I (besides basebuilding) also like exploring. 

• Like 1

I have hit my cap, and the required discoveries is a bit too much.  I can see requiring a few, but 23 discoveries per level?  That's too much.  Maybe 5/level.  It would also be good if XP stores up for you (maybe is does?).

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Exploring is fine. However exploring 23 points to get to the next level cap is atrocious.

50 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I agree, when there's a reason to explore or something to actually discover.  In this game, simply jumping off your ship on to land and jumping back on to your ship is all that's needed. That, is not exploring, that is grinding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I agree, when there's a reason to explore or something to actually discover.  In this game, simply jumping off your ship on to land and jumping back on to your ship is all that's needed. That, is not exploring, that is grinding.

That’s your decision to make now isn’t it. 

On 1/27/2019 at 4:48 AM, UDO said:

as title , boring system 

*buys a game advertised as being about sailing and exploring*

*one month into 2year EA, with the bulk of content presumably as yet unadded, complains that sailing and exploring is boring*

*headdesk*

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Percieval said:

That’s your decision to make now isn’t it. 

No, it's called game mechanics. There are over 1,700 discovery points to earn and let's be honest, if you've seen one wolf, you've seen them all.  Now, if I had treasure maps for every single discovery point, then I'd have a reason to do more than just hop off and hop back on. But I think 1,700+ maps would take a long time to farm (grind) and they'd disintegrate before I got to a fraction of them. As it is now, it's all about getting a 'been there, done that' t-shirt.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

. As it is now, it's all about getting a 'been there, done that' t-shirt.

*wants the T-shirt from the Michael Douglas movie The Game which says:

I was drugged and left for dead in Mexico and all I got was this lousy tshirt*

4 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

*wants the T-shirt from the Michael Douglas movie The Game which says:

I was drugged and left for dead in Mexico and all I got was this lousy tshirt*

I was clubbed, caged, handcuffed, stripped naked and left for dead in the tundra and all I got was a piece of my flesh stuck between yeti teeth (and this stupid t-shirt).

Edited by Jean Lafitte

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I was clubbed, caged, handcuffed, stripped naked and left for dead in the tundra and all I got was a piece of my flesh stuck between yeti teeth (and this stupid t-shirt).

tl:dr

• Haha 1