Sign in to follow this  
Tezcatlipoca

Alphas...

The developers do not want to or can not ... so we have to pay for it. After the nerf of the fire arrows, I do not remember how to deal with the shit.

Can someone give me a meaningful hint, how to proceed against it now?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

The developers do not want to or can not ... so we have to pay for it. After the nerf of the fire arrows, I do not remember how to deal with the shit.

Can someone give me a meaningful hint, how to proceed against it now?

Kiting, Headshots and Running.

9 minutes ago, Jorm said:

Kiting, Headshots and Running.

Does not work with lions and tigers. Any other usefull options?

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

11 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Build some foundations up and kite. Easy. 

Edited by Percieval

Trap then in a tame pen and kill them, if you're not in a place able to do that be aware of your surroundings and stay clear of them.  If you can't do that, jump in the water?

Honestly, I have yet to see a single Alpha since the change, I used to see 10-12 of them a day. I am glad that got nerfed. Have you considered mounting canons? I can't imagine an alpha lasting long against canon fire lol

3 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Well Some Climbing Picks the next Higher Rock and then shooting them from Above

Yeah,there are less carnivore alphas on my island. I dont kill them,just glitch them becusae my base is a natural trap,very steep cliff with deep water.Once they step on a cliff they go down and never come back,swim for hours in waters around my base unable to get on land. So yeah,trap them and dont kill them if you can.

Edited by Lukas1987

Taming pen both the large for elephants/crocs and pit fall for others works like a charm for our group. I also have a few small kill boxes across the island for pigs, doesn't work as well for stuff with reach like the elphant. Almost always ends up with us kiting it back if it's not too far and killing it on the way. Cobras are a bit trickier since they seem to be able to get through/climb over stuff but they are fairly easy to crit so we just play tag with it.

Edit: Also you can kill some alphas with a decent leveled tame, especially if you have a couple people. I will nature's touch just before engaging, then nature's cry and go to town. Have killed some pretty high level alphas like this, usually finish it off before the tame gets to half hp or even more with multiple people. 

Edited by Thor Ragnarock

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

Honestly, I have yet to see a single Alpha since the change, I used to see 10-12 of them a day. I am glad that got nerfed. Have you considered mounting canons? I can't imagine an alpha lasting long against canon fire lol

Should see the island I'm on. see several goddamn Alpha's a day, cobra's no less. There's no running from those.