enrell

servergrid Replacing an island with another on a live server

I am not sure why you are having trouble as we have added and changed islands without any issues several times on our server. In fact today we have successfully managed to move an entire grid cell from 0,0 to 3,3, without losing anything. It required a bit of work and some Redis database editing but was actually easier than I thought it would be.

12 hours ago, Pointy said:

I am not sure why you are having trouble as we have added and changed islands without any issues several times on our server. In fact today we have successfully managed to move an entire grid cell from 0,0 to 3,3, without losing anything. It required a bit of work and some Redis database editing but was actually easier than I thought it would be.

What did you edit in the regis database ? I think this might be the issue.

7 hours ago, enrell said:

What did you edit in the regis database ? I think this might be the issue.

Redis is not the problem, as it does not need any editing if you are just removing or replacing an island.

8 hours ago, Buccaneers said:

you could move the Island with strucrures, ships on it? in short whar u need to do in redis?

We moved an entire grid cell, which had 4 islands we had built on., a couple of ships and a bunch of tamed creatures. We had been playing on a single grid. experimenting with settings and mods and decided we wanted to keep the cell but expand the grid around it. The cell had to be moved from A1 to D4. The island positions in the server grid editor project are global positions, so apart from changing the gridX and gridY positions in the project file, all islands had to have the positions edited. I didn't actually do the json edit but I believe @kreliz simply added 3 x 1400000.0 (our gridSize) to each  island instance  and disco zones worldX and worldY positions, to move it over by 3 and down by 3. Once verified all was OK in the server grid editor, it was exported to the server with the new map images.

The server booted up fine but no one could connect and this is where the Redis editing had to be done. I simply changed each of the players current ServerId to match the new one using RDBTools

I suspected the structures were using local coordinates and they would be in tact, as they are stored in the servers saved file. What surprised me was that the server automatically changed the ServerId of all entities, such as the ships and beds to the correct one.

If you going to attempt anything like this, backup you database, saved folder and json files before hand!

ok,  my usecase would be that i can move a single island around the map and all the structured too. but that is not possible.