Sign in to follow this  
Kegstand Mcfarland

Area around a base in lawless

When did they decrease the range at which non company players can place foundations around established bases? So not only have you guys increased damage to stone but increased cost and reduced the area of ownership so players can literally drop a foundation and cannons right on your base? Don't even need bears to haul cannons. WTF are you devs trying to do? Chase every small company away from the game? We literally just got fully offlined by 5 guys spamming foundations and cannons. Took us 2 weeks of work to establish in that area after being kicked out of 4 other zones by zergs now we get offlined daily with no way to defend against it. This game is a fucking joke now. Sad part is I have to sit through this crap because my friends don't want to give up because: "the devs will fix it soon" How many countless farming hours do I have to go through before you take your heads out of your asses?

Salty...yep. Would I join a big company sure but all my friends want to do their own thing and I am stuck watching these nincompoops botch every change they make for the game.

Since you guys seem to not give a flying fuck about how your game works why not throw down and do something no other game has done and implement this: Anchored ships whos owner is offline are invulnerable after "x" amount of time for a 24 hour period at which time if not used they go back to normal state. It would seriously reduce the amount of gates present in game which = better zone performance. Add Larger blocks which reduces object counts even more. It won't help with on grid load lag but server corruption/performance it will. 

All the other games of this type have all but died aside from Rust and there is a specific reason for that, a semi un-raidable base can be put up in an afternoon. (I shouldn't say unraidable because they all are but a base that costs more to raid then loot would yield is easy peasy) Any DayZ server I have ever played on with offline protections for cars or choppers or even bases has been a full server. Why because most normal people understand the fun is in actual pvp not griefing the guy who had to work all day. 

While yer at it add some parking via gold in freeports if you don't wanna do anything better. At least we have an option to park our brig and galleons somewhere they won't get offlined again daily.

Edited by Kegstand Mcfarland
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can't agree more.

This game should show some love to small companies or it will die eventually (at least official servers).

On 1/26/2019 at 8:08 PM, Kegstand Mcfarland said:

Chase every small company away from the game?

This process was started before these changes though. Small companies couldn't build anywhere in some lawless Zones because large companies were foundation spamming to keep them away. Many of the lawless zones I have been to are dominated by large companies from the top 10 or allied with the top 10. Even if you managed to find a place to squeeze yourself in, these guys had the resources to blow through even well-honeycombed areas and the small companies lacking said resources have basically no way to retaliate.

With or without this change, the small companies are entirely at the mercy of the large in PvP servers.

What has been working well for small companies that I have seen is allying with Medium companies and renting a space in their claim. The tax may seem annoying, but good companies will keep it around 10% and also serve as a strong way to gain some extra defense.

On 1/26/2019 at 5:08 PM, Kegstand Mcfarland said:

When did they decrease the range at which non company players can place foundations around established bases? So not only have you guys increased damage to stone but increased cost and reduced the area of ownership so players can literally drop a foundation and cannons right on your base? Don't even need bears to haul cannons. WTF are you devs trying to do? Chase every small company away from the game? We literally just got fully offlined by 5 guys spamming foundations and cannons. Took us 2 weeks of work to establish in that area after being kicked out of 4 other zones by zergs now we get offlined daily with no way to defend against it. This game is a fucking joke now. Sad part is I have to sit through this crap because my friends don't want to give up because: "the devs will fix it soon" How many countless farming hours do I have to go through before you take your heads out of your asses?

Salty...yep. Would I join a big company sure but all my friends want to do their own thing and I am stuck watching these nincompoops botch every change they make for the game.

Since you guys seem to not give a flying fuck about how your game works why not throw down and do something no other game has done and implement this: Anchored ships whos owner is offline are invulnerable after "x" amount of time for a 24 hour period at which time if not used they go back to normal state. It would seriously reduce the amount of gates present in game which = better zone performance. Add Larger blocks which reduces object counts even more. It won't help with on grid load lag but server corruption/performance it will. 

All the other games of this type have all but died aside from Rust and there is a specific reason for that, a semi un-raidable base can be put up in an afternoon. (I shouldn't say unraidable because they all are but a base that costs more to raid then loot would yield is easy peasy) Any DayZ server I have ever played on with offline protections for cars or choppers or even bases has been a full server. Why because most normal people understand the fun is in actual pvp not griefing the guy who had to work all day. 

While yer at it add some parking via gold in freeports if you don't wanna do anything better. At least we have an option to park our brig and galleons somewhere they won't get offlined again daily.

Holy crap, I feel like I wrote this. Nicely done and communicates exactly my own experiences and wants for the game. Please, Grapeshot listen to this post and greatly consider.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:53 PM, Lifedragn said:

This process was started before these changes though. Small companies couldn't build anywhere in some lawless Zones because large companies were foundation spamming to keep them away. Many of the lawless zones I have been to are dominated by large companies from the top 10 or allied with the top 10. Even if you managed to find a place to squeeze yourself in, these guys had the resources to blow through even well-honeycombed areas and the small companies lacking said resources have basically no way to retaliate.

With or without this change, the small companies are entirely at the mercy of the large in PvP servers.

What has been working well for small companies that I have seen is allying with Medium companies and renting a space in their claim. The tax may seem annoying, but good companies will keep it around 10% and also serve as a strong way to gain some extra defense.

The reduced size has allowed them to role in and blap our stuff,  and offline raid without wasting more then 20 minutes. the amount of cannon balls to blow into bases is nothing compared to the time it took to make them. You can honeycomb all you want but the cost and time spent is retarded compared to how quickly they go down. NPC's help but only so long as the enemy company isn't using large cannons or mortors then poof yer stuff is gone. 

Rent space? Sure I got chased out of the last 4 places I went trying to rent space. The last of which was a company who newly incaded anothers area and we set up in that area only to lose everything we own hours later when the previous owners allies showed up. Bad luck on our part but we have lived in so many places, tried diplomacy, even sucked it up and asked Chinese hackers if we could live there...and I hate hackers and I think China should be region locked and not only because their ping sucks and it's proven fact that 90% of the hacks for games are coming out of China atm but because this is a NA server they should get their own regional servers. Some will still VPN but many would most lkely enjoy having their own low ping servers.

Ty Knivet. 

At the end of the day the bases in general need better strengths. Small companies should be allowed to turtle. Large force fights will take longer but isn't that what they are in it for? Battles apon battles? Stronger bases= less farming and more time building ships which= more ships on the water for those same people to shoot. I don't understand why large groups are even bothering with mom and pop groups let them prosper it puts more ships on the water eventually. Thrilling chases and unexpected pvp on the high seas is why were here...not to get blown up every night while we sleep by a bunch of red headed step children whos mommy didn't let them suck the teet enough so they hate everyone. I swear to go I have literally only had one ship killed in actual live pvp every other ship that I have owned has been sunk while I was offline. 

Chinese have several lawless islands completely blocked off now. Mortars along the shores and huge walls going up. Soon there won't be any room for small companies in lawless anywhere. Regardless of radius allowed around base.