Renshi

Can You Tell a Treasure Bottle Level By Sight?

They seem to have different glow colors and different bottle colors. I have not picked up on a patter yet. Is there one? It would be nice to be able to tell what quality they are before I just off my ship into the freezing cold water for example.

Color yes, then there is quality Following from wiki. Quality ranges from 0 to 10? maybe a bit higher. Higher being of better quality. Same for the floatsam. Edit: You can also use a spyglass to see floatsam quality. Don't think this works for the message in a bottle pretty sure you have to swim up to see their quality but I would have to go find one real quick to verify.

• Common - Gray
  • Fine - Green
  • Journeyman - Blue
  • Masterwork - Pink
  • Legendary - Yellow
  • Mythical - Cyan
Edited by Thor Ragnarock
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

Color yes, then there is quality Following from wiki. Quality ranges from 0 to 10? maybe a bit higher. Higher being of better quality. Same for the floatsam. Edit: You can also use a spyglass to see floatsam quality. Don't think this works for the message in a bottle pretty sure you have to swim up to see their quality but I would have to go find one real quick to verify.

• Common - Gray
  • Fine - Green
  • Journeyman - Blue
  • Masterwork - Pink
  • Legendary - Yellow
  • Mythical - Cyan

Now that I'm thinking this may just be for items,   every yellow flotsam I've gotten has always been "worse" than the purple ones,  on topic I always thought the same for bottles but could be wrong.

Edited by Gfnjr

Afaik the flotsam follows the same coloring system but I could be wrong, a lot of rng at the end of the day. Bulk gathering is your best bet.

Edited by Thor Ragnarock

3 hours ago, Thor Ragnarock said:

• Common - Gray
  • Fine - Green
  • Journeyman - Blue
  • Masterwork - Pink
  • Legendary - Yellow
  • Mythical - Cyan

Is this the color of the bottle itself or the color of the glow around the bottle?

I can confirm the quality exceeds 10. I have seen 12.0 ratings

Ok so I just looted a Cyan colored bottle with a gold glow and it turned out to be a common map. So the colors don't seem to mean crap. 😞

Yes it goes above 10. But I was wondering, can you guys see it with a spyglass? Because I tried it an hour ago and I couldn't see it. As for the colors and glowing, I don't think it works like colors, since I have had pretty much every color and it didn't seem to matter. I have had masterwork out of purple ones, journeyman out of green ones... It's completely random. It can glow cyan and still have 0,5 being normal.

Edited by Percieval
  • Sad 1

Bottles seems to be random colour. Flotsam anything not purple is trash and purple is usually trash.