Sign in to follow this  
vaylain

Well, my character is 96 years old...

Well, my character is 96 years old. I hate sailing and refuse to do the Fountain of Youth bull crap, so I will just live life as a vampire I guess as I am forced to just accept the silly golden age debuff.

Not sure why Grapeshot is implementing this bull crap of an aging system and not sure how realistic it is for a 90-year-old to go on such a quest in the first place but it sure will be stupid when my character reaches obscene levels like 200-300 years old or maybe even an ancient 1000 years old. I guess that will make Tarot system sound credible at that point. Screw you Grapeshot and thank you for punishing us.

Edited by vaylain

1 minute ago, vaylain said:

Well, my character is 96 years old. I hate sailing and refuse to do the Fountain of Youth bull crap, so I will just live life as a vampire I guess as I am forced to just accept the silly golden age debuff.

Not sure why Grapeshot is implementing this bull crap of an aging system and not sure how realistic it is for a 90-year-old to go on such a quest in the first place but it sure will be stupid when my character reaches obscene levels like 200-300 years old. Screw you Grapeshot and thank you for punishing us.

As far as I can tell, you never go beyond 100. Have been sitting at 100 years old for the past week.

The debuff is harsh. It doesn't get worse though. Going to the FOY, even if you did like sailing, is really bad. Really. Bad.

I tried to sail last night and it was so miserable. Sailing for 2hours and trying to figure out how to navigate to ancient ruins was excruciating and tedious. AWhile I was there trying to enter the cave, I was killed and my boat was griefed and sunk, so I had no way to respawn back. Instead I'd have to do it all over again. Forget that, I will just stick with the debuff...

Edited by vaylain

I didn't want to do it either but it ended up being real easy.  Just kill yourself (in game lol)  and change homeserver to E12 when the FOY is at D12.  Especially with 2x weekend at E12 freeport it took me 10 minutes to gather enough for a ramshackle sloop and bed.  Sail one grid over and you're there.   Or you could even do in advance and have a ship there.  There is probably several other areas to do this also if you didn't want to wait for D12

Edited by Gfnjr

FoY has issues and so does the current state of Aging/Legacy but they are all subject to change and from the looks of it sooner rather than later as well as the alternatives. So hold tight.

Or don't and try again later down the road. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you dont mind me asking why are you playing a game that's 90% ocean if you don't like sailing?

Edited by Nari

How we did it. Go to the nearest Freeport, get a throwaway sloop. Then sail over to the golden age ruins (shouldn't take you long, if you are even close to okayish with navigating the boat). Then run there naked. Lure away as many monsters and animals as possible. (you will die a few times through this) when everything is free, run into the tunnel, grab fountain and then either die or run back to the ship and demolish it (other people will thank you if you actively help to remove the lag through cluttered boats everywhere) 

Took our company about an hour to get everyone set. Is it annoying? yes. But you have to do it only every 200-300 gaming hours so it's not that bad. 

You cancerous people with your throw away sloops are why there's 600 ships killing O14 right now.

Literally a brick wall of bullshit this server thanks to that.

Wish this was PvP so I could excise the cancer with fire.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Nari said:

FoY has issues and so does the current state of Aging/Legacy but they are all subject to change and from the looks of it sooner rather than later as well as the alternatives. So hold tight.

Or don't and try again later down the road. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you dont mind me asking why are you playing a game that's 90% ocean if you don't like sailing?

I am playing this game as I love ARK but hated all of the "must raid" everything mentality of the game and all of the crazy flying dinos. I feel that flyers ruin the game. This game is very similar to ARK in regards that it has the build system, cooking, and taming features that I really love. I do like PVP, real actual PVP, just not the Offline PVP. I live on a very large and plentiful island in the lawless region so I feel like I am at home in ARK.

I even enjoy a short trip of sailing to the other islands in my same server I just don't like the hours of hours of sailing to visit different island after island aspect of the game. I also don't like the part of this game where my ships are always subject to griefers while I am sleeping. It is very annoying and disheartening to have to rebuild a new ship daily.

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 2

Just now, vaylain said:

I even enjoy a short trip of sailing to the other islands in my same server I just don't like the hours of hours of sailing to visit different island after island aspect of the game. I also don't like the part of this game where my ships are always subject to griefers while I am sleeping. It is very annoying and disheartening to have to rebuild a new ship daily.

Fair enough.

19 minutes ago, gadefence said:

You cancerous people with your throw away sloops are why there's 600 ships killing O14 right now.

Literally a brick wall of bullshit this server thanks to that.

Wish this was PvP so I could excise the cancer with fire.

Don't hate the player, hate the game?

Most people do not want to do this throw away sloop run, but feel obligated by the current system in place. Yes it sucks, but it's better then living with a debuff.

Edited by Axden1