Sign in to follow this  
MoGZz

Breeding / Stats and Lvl ?

Hi, so far i've been abble to breed bulls. But i dont understand how the stats and lvl system work.

i got a lvl 40 baby bull from a lvl 73 bull and a cow lvl 66. It is less than the lvl post-tame from the bull i used to breed who hit lvl 43.

During the lvl up i picked all the time "melee damage" on the dad (182.5%) and weight on the mom (1397.8), the baby has none of these two stats up.

Here are the baby bull stats :

- health 269.1 (dad = 269.1 / mom = 312.7)  /  stamina 364 (dad = 448 / mom = 364)  /  food 1800 (dad = 1560 / mom = 2160)  /  melee damage 154.1% (dad = 182.5% / mom = 153.7%)

- oxygen 285 (dad = 285 / mom = 210)  /  weight 728 ( dad = 751 / mom = 1397.8)  /  torpor 585 (dad = 616.5 / mom = 564)

Some of the baby bull stats are exactly the same as his parents, but not the stats i maxed. The other stats seems to be most of the time between the min and the max of the parents stats at least for this baby, exception made for the weight.

Is there something i haven't figured out ? some logic in the stats and lvl ? is it bugged ?
Actually and from what know so far, i'm asking myself what is the point to breed to get a baby with a lower lvl post tame compare to his parents with random stats or the same stats as their parents but not the stats who has been maxed. There's no utility in breeding right now ? I hope i'm wrong and there's something i dont get. If you have answears or any infos who could help ^^.

The baby' s will always get their stats and level from the parents post tame. Not the stats or level of when you are mating them.

Same system they used in ark. I am assuming.

It's the same like in ARK.  You get the initial after taming stats inherited from one of the parents. It's random for each stat from which of the parent it gets.

If you have leveled stats inherited, wow, think of the numbers after a couple hundret breeds.

What you can do is super breeding. Try to get all the best initial stats from all of your tames into one master beeding couple.

That's what we do in ARK and get really badass creatures over time.

Ok thanks for your answears ^^. But that way i dont get how you can make grow up the stats over time breeding after breeding.

Ok, i think i get it ^^. Thanks a lot

I guess that my bulls are still far away to be usefull at farming tatch then x).

7 minutes ago, MoGZz said:

Ok thanks for your answears ^^. But that way i dont get how you can make grow up the stats over time breeding after breeding.

Because the reason is you need to look at what the animal tamed at. Every time you tame something, give the animal the name of 50/150 melee or somewhere along those lines. It will help with breeding. Rather you want a weight animal or melee animal, you don’t bother too much with the level it was. 

Just name them by level and stat and you will figure out which tames you want to breed

27 minutes ago, MoGZz said:

Hi, so far i've been abble to breed bulls. But i dont understand how the stats and lvl system work.

i got a lvl 40 baby bull from a lvl 73 bull and a cow lvl 66. It is less than the lvl post-tame from the bull i used to breed who hit lvl 43.

During the lvl up i picked all the time "melee damage" on the dad (182.5%) and weight on the mom (1397.8), the baby has none of these two stats up.

Here are the baby bull stats :

- health 269.1 (dad = 269.1 / mom = 312.7)  /  stamina 364 (dad = 448 / mom = 364)  /  food 1800 (dad = 1560 / mom = 2160)  /  melee damage 154.1% (dad = 182.5% / mom = 153.7%)

- oxygen 285 (dad = 285 / mom = 210)  /  weight 728 ( dad = 751 / mom = 1397.8)  /  torpor 585 (dad = 616.5 / mom = 564)

Some of the baby bull stats are exactly the same as his parents, but not the stats i maxed. The other stats seems to be most of the time between the min and the max of the parents stats at least for this baby, exception made for the weight.

Is there something i haven't figured out ? some logic in the stats and lvl ? is it bugged ?
Actually and from what know so far, i'm asking myself what is the point to breed to get a baby with a lower lvl post tame compare to his parents with random stats or the same stats as their parents but not the stats who has been maxed. There's no utility in breeding right now ? I hope i'm wrong and there's something i dont get. If you have answears or any infos who could help ^^.

They haven’t added mutations yet so don’t over think It too much

19 minutes ago, MoGZz said:

It's not clear if  mutations are not a thing in Atlas which was how you raised the stats of your Breeding Pairs in ARK. Without mutations (random stat boosts at birth) the best a baby can get is to inherit the best post-tame stats from each parent.

Edited by Nari