mgsgta3

"recreating" The Island map

1. I know its a no-no. I know we cant use the exact Wildcard Maps from Ark
2. I dont want to hear about "you shouldnt" or any of the moral mumbo-jumbo. 

My questions:
1)Now, If I ported Island from Ark over, THEORETICALLY, how much you guys think I would have to modify before I could post it as a map for Atlas? just the Artifact caves and obelisk?
2)would it still count as being considered The Island if I removed all caves?(Same for Ragnarok, if I removed all caves and wyvern trenches)
3)If I took the best parts of Island, Rag, and Center, and literally cut them out and stitched them into one map, would that be considered as infringing?
4)Finally, if I used the  OLD version of The Island map from before the snow biome update happened(similar to the SOTF map), and removed all underwater caves and artifact caves and obelisk, would that work?

U get big problems for import ark maps to atlas.

As public mod or on your own dedicated server.

As for the question regarding can ARK content be used in ATLAS and vice versa? The overall answer is that we’re fine with it, however, the only thing that would not be allowed and will cause your mod to be removed from the Steam Workshop is using any Wildcard specific maps. This means that you are not allowed to port over The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, or Ragnarok.

Not going to say you shouldn't, but wouldn't it just be easier to play ARK on the ARK map with the pirate ship mod installed?

I never tried that, but seems like that is what you want. No need to try and make Atlas look like ARK, there is already a way to do it in ARK.