Sign in to follow this  
dtmaster

Different age per grid

Hi. I would be interested to know why each grid has a different age. Or is it because I added some grids later?

• Like 1

Are your servers using utc time?  (“bUseUTCTime”:true) Mine weren’t at first and different ages was just one of the strange things that happened.

Honestly made me wonder why we even have the option *not* to use utc time!

15 hours ago, aezephyr said:

Are your servers using utc time?  (“bUseUTCTime”:true) Mine weren’t at first and different ages was just one of the strange things that happened.

Honestly made me wonder why we even have the option *not* to use utc time!

My UTCTime is true from start, but almost different age different Grids.

9 minutes ago, Sakura said:

This happens on official servers as well. It's being looked into 

thx man

in island editor, project -> edit -> check "Use UTC Time"

this will sync all the grids connected to the redis instance.

I am having the same issue. I recently added 2 more grids... however my new Grids I'm showing as AGE 26 but the other 4 grids are anywhere between 88 and 92. 

My server already has the UTC Time selected. I dare not uncheck it... maybe someone else can try that... uncheck it then recheck it... 

Besides, doesn't this UTC Time only effect the Days the server is on? How is AGE related to days server is on? My server is on 550 days.  

Edited by Davos

I can say as a player the way we found to update the age is to log out and back in.   There was a group of people that were 90+ on one map grid and when they got to the fountain of youth they were under 80.  A quick log in and out updated their age.  😄

UPDATE: My team completed the Fountain of Youth quest and our AGE was changed back to AGE 20. It also updated AGE 20 across ALL grids, old and new. We also received our Bonus buff for completing level 1 FOY Buff. 

NOTE: If you Fast TRAVEL to any grid you buff remains. HOWEVER if you traverse into any grid via SHIP, you lose your buff. A quick relog will regain your bonus buff. 

Hopefully the DEVS and find a fix despite a workaround of relogging.  

I believe the AGE problem started after I added 2 more Grids. Making other Map editor changes like adding islands didn't impact the AGE. I will be adding more island shortly and update this post.