Just lost another barn full of tames to a f**king alpha snake.

Alphas do nothing positive for the experience. They are not a “fun challenge” they are a death sentence for tames and players.

You force me to mine distant metal nodes for stone structures (seriously f**k you), take away my ability to zipline with it, and don’t give me any alternative to slowly marching home through the killing fields of alphas and predators. 

THIS IS TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN

Please PLEASE try to play your own game for an hour, unlock stone, and try this shitty process for yourself.

Many people have personally told me that between the changes to stone buildings and the alphas, they don’t even want to sign in anymore.

But its ok, because you’re working on the really important stuff, like nerfing tamed dragons...what the actual f**k

• Like 1

U know u can use the Glider suit? Just take a Climbing Pick with you.

Then Farm till you are nearly Full, search for a Small Hill. And Glide home? I farmed my Schooner like this.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

Just lost another barn full of tames to a f**king alpha snake.

Alphas do nothing positive for the experience. They are not a “fun challenge” they are a death sentence for tames and players.

You force me to mine distant metal nodes for stone structures (seriously f**k you), take away my ability to zipline with it, and don’t give me any alternative to slowly marching home through the killing fields of alphas and predators. 

THIS IS TERRIBLE GAME DESIGN

Please PLEASE try to play your own game for an hour, unlock stone, and try this shitty process for yourself.

Many people have personally told me that between the changes to stone buildings and the alphas, they don’t even want to sign in anymore.

But its ok, because you’re working on the really important stuff, like nerfing tamed dragons...what the actual f**k

Alphas will be a thing in this game, did you ever play ARK? Because they are there too, and just as hard to kill at times.

• Confused 1

Don't be lazy ASF. Get better gear. You know that journeyman gear will protect you? or even a shield? Or maybe use a tame, or use some player skill.

Git gud.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Jorm said:

U know u can use the Glider suit? Just take a Climbing Pick with you.

Then Farm till you are nearly Full, search for a Small Hill. And Glide home? I farmed my Schooner like this.

Moving metal that way is unacceptable to me. One human inventory worth at a time? No thanks, not fun gameplay.

2 minutes ago, bockleonline said:

Don't be lazy ASF. Get better gear. You know that journeyman gear will protect you? or even a shield? Or maybe use a tame, or use some player skill.

Git gud.

Its not a question of ability, its a question of give a f**k. And anyone who ever used the phrase “git gud” is a c**t. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Endo Fett said:

Moving metal that way is unacceptable to me. One human inventory worth at a time? No thanks, not fun gameplay.

I am a Solo Player and alone have atleast 2000x and 3 different Kinds of Metal.

Same Goes with Wood.

As already said.

Git gud

6 minutes ago, Herkin said:

Alphas will be a thing in this game, did you ever play ARK? Because they are there too, and just as hard to kill at times.

Alphas in Ark are tiered and easily managed with tames. Here they are any creature, have a massive level range, and cannot lose to a tame in a fight...

1 minute ago, Jorm said:

I am a Solo Player and alone have atleast 2000x and 3 different Kinds of Metal.

Same Goes with Wood.

As already said.

Git gud

lol those are peanut numbers, I play on PvE and we build grand s**t

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

Alphas in Ark are tiered and easily managed with tames. Here they are any creature, have a massive level range, and cannot lose to a tame in a fight...

lol those are peanut numbers, I play on PvE and we build grand s**t

We?

On PvE?

Really? You are a Group and still cant farm shit? Did u play Minecraft before Atlas or what?

Edited by Jorm
  • Confused 1

Im saying the game needs to streamline the work aspects and highlight the fun aspects. For all the players.

Mining metal is currently one of the s**ttier gameplay loops.

Im not saying its difficult, Im saying its tedious and shitty.

3 minutes ago, Jorm said:

We?

On PvE?

Really? You are a Group and still cant farm shit? Did u play Minecraft before Atlas or what?

Totally missing the point.

Its not a matter of can or can’t lol. S**t is easy.

it’s a matter of wanting to?

It’s a game, and they keep emphasizing the grindy bits. 

Edited by Endo Fett

And did you even read the OP? The f**king things spawn or teleport inside buildings and wipe tames.

The solution is better design elements, not forcing players to build f**king honeycombs.

Edited by Endo Fett

It would also help if those stupid alpha snakes couldn't spawn in houses or bug themselves through walls anymore.

But I have to state that the spawn areas of alphas seem to be very different. We made a journey yesterday and this morning and we discovered on 18 islands only some alpha cows, chickens and monkeys. In total, all of those islands had been much saver than our little one in I7.
So I think there may be a fixed number for hostile and alpha spawns per isle, and if you live on a smaller island, you just have do deal with it.

Imho the devs have to check every single island and had to adjust the spawns for them separately if they are really interested in balancing the game.
Let's be honest there, that won't happen.

Edited by Tinschn

add a alert to let you know a alpha is within 100m within the bestiality tree 

problem solved 

1 minute ago, Daish said:

add a alert to let you know a alpha is within 100m within the bestiality tree 

problem solved 

What happens when they spawn or tele inside a building at night when everyone is offline?

4 minutes ago, Endo Fett said:

What happens when they spawn or tele inside a building at night when everyone is offline?

If you find out you are built on a spawn move your house?  And if you are just going to complain about farming go to high multiplier server or just play something else?  Survival games like this are not for everyone.

Also, have you tried using AI on the puckle?  Pew pew.

7 minutes ago, LowKeyMunkki said:

If you find out you are built on a spawn move your house?  And if you are just going to complain about farming go to high multiplier server or just play something else?  Survival games like this are not for everyone.

Also, have you tried using AI on the puckle?  Pew pew.

Lol yea “survival” where 99% of players kill themselves rather than dealing with the vitamins, or having to eat and drink their own weight every 10 minutes.

The game requires compelling gameplay loops.

The current balance between gathering/building/raiding (minus the raiding for PvE) is just not fun. And I’m certainly not alone in this opinion.

If you’re fine with things as they are, you likely play small scale PvP and spend your time blowing up othe people’s s**t.

And that’s great! But you’re a small portion of the audience.

Edited by Endo Fett

1 minute ago, Endo Fett said:

Lol yea “survival” where 99% of players kill themselves rather than dealing with the vitamins, or having to eat and drink their own weight every 10 minutes.

The game requires compelling gameplay loops.

The current balance between gathering/building/raiding (minus the raiding for PvE) is just not fun. And I’m certainly not alone in this opinion.

If you’re fine with things as they are you likely play small scale PvP and spend your time blowing up othe people’s s**t.

And that’s great! But you’re a small portion of the audience.

I am not going to argue that there is no balance issue, because there is, but what you are complaining about and how you are complaining about it makes you sound like a spoiled brat.  You have no right to comment on my involvement in PvP, you don't even play on a PvP Enabled server so you have no idea what it means to even lose a ship in combat or even attempt any sea combat or raiding.  I gave you a couple of suggestions to help solve your issues and instead of taking them into consideration you are spending more time crying about them. 

Again, I think you are a PvE player who would get more out of the game just being able to build whatever he wants without threat.  I suggest you go play on a high multiplier server, or maybe try to find a server where you immediately get geared and don't have to fear anything.  If that isn't what you want to do try some of these methods to help with your alpha issue.

• Move your pin/home if you find a spawn is inside of it.
  • Raise your animals up a few levels and make a ramp up so you don't have to worry about aggressive alphas spawning in or around your pin thanks to spawns being on ground level.
  • Put a one foundation buffer with walls on both sides around your tames so they can't get out and other things can get in.  Two high walls for safety.
  • Setup AI on puckles arranged to cover 360 around your pin/home with overlapping areas so they can remove incoming threats.
  • Take a fast-moving tame with decent carry weight, I suggest a horse, with you on material runs.  Don't over-encumber it and that should work for you to run away and avoid the conflict while still keeping your mats.