Sign in to follow this  
StefanKyle84

pve If NO pillars allowed on Power islands or any structure, then how can we tame ?! Allow at least temporary building/day for each company on Power Islands !

Yes they are. Mythical creatures will also be tameable soon. 

6 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Excuse me ?? , animals of power islands are tamable??

learn to work as team then ,, why does everythig have to be easy , 

8 hours ago, UDO said:

I know not about OP but I tame by myself and rarely would one describe it as easy. Though this double taming sure gets me close to it.

No you can't tame the 120+ animals, you can tame 2 of the dinosaurs and late feb with tokens can tame the mythical creatures.

As for building in order to tame, taming pens are a cheese way to avoid mechanics, learn to tame the way it was meant to be done with the dangers involved.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 3:52 PM, Blackdove77 said:

As for building in order to tame, taming pens are a cheese way to avoid mechanics, learn to tame the way it was meant to be done with the dangers involved.

You never played ARK right? Since 4 Yrs its the way even the Devs who play ARK are taming creatures where it makes sense...

Edited by DNAofDeath
  • Thanks 1

On 1/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, Blackdove77 said:

No you can't tame the 120+ animals, you can tame 2 of the dinosaurs and late feb with tokens can tame the mythical creatures.

I highly doubt you are taming through anything but a pen.  Even if that pen has you inside of it with the creature.  The creatures on the powerstone island spawn in really fast and just 1 can 1 shot most players, so you are not going to be taming them without a pen of some sort even if that's just to allow you to respawn and protect you from the other creatures of the island.

38 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

Still can’t believe they are tamable ...

Well it is arklas. It is not about the boats but the Taming 😉

On 1/26/2019 at 11:18 PM, UDO said:

Because they’re too easy to lose? Between buggy code, predators, and alphas, its too easy to lose a creature.

If its a nightmare to replace them, people just won’t do it.

Like breeding, its a broken system that needs work.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:52 AM, Blackdove77 said:

The taming is a placeholder system, as are the animals, so “as its meant” doesn’t apply here. 

It could also be argued that a game with a building system “means” for you to use it?

Edited by Endo Fett

I can firmly say, although difficult, it is possible to tame the sheildhorns and razortooth on the golden age islands without the use of traps. Like people have said in other comments you need a good group with a clear plan and communication. We have tamed 6 razortooth now on EU official PvE and a handful of sheildhorns. So it can be done, were not exactly pro lol.

If trap building was enabled, them servers would be bogged down even more with structure spam on top of the insane amount of ships that are left at these islands. You can see us tame our very first razortooth in the link below if you would like an idea of what its like and how it goes without a trap :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMS1xX_yGc

17 hours ago, Opa Deluca said:

You can make a taming ship?

Already tried 🤪, the bastard glitch  and on land , even if we find a quiet place to tame , the taming option doesn’t appear. so I guess region tame lock ? 

8 hours ago, Quilleute said:

Already tried 🤪, the bastard glitch  and on land , even if we find a quiet place to tame , the taming option doesn’t appear. so I guess region tame lock ? 

You cant tame the regular animal, such as wolves and bears. But you can tame the razortooth and sheildhorns.