Sign in to follow this  
Dexter

How does aging work?

I thought that it worked by deaths but I was told that's not true so is it game hours played or..? 

Currently it is just time.  You get roughly 1 month of real time to turn 100 in game. Somewhere around there.  It's like 20 years a week.  As far as I know the perm death system is not yet implemented and the only downside to staying old is a pretty significant debuff.  

Find the fountain of youth (one of them, they rotate every 50 in game days I think and there are two total) and it resets you back to 20 years old and gives you a permanent buff that is pretty nice and STACKS.  So every time you age to 90 and do the fountain again you get another buff that makes you stronger over time.

There was mention by the devs that the plan was to have a legacy system where you can choose to have a kid, raise it for a bit then take it over as your new character to avoid the fountain of youth thing.  Also planned is your in game death, say by suicide to avoid the vitamin system, or death in pvp will age you faster.  There also at some point will be perm death based on age so find the fountain or reroll to level 1.  But none of this is implemented or stated as design fact yet.

Edited by mndfreeze

14 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

Currently it is just time.  You get roughly 1 month of real time to turn 100 in game. Somewhere around there.  It's like 20 years a week.  As far as I know the perm death system is not yet implemented and the only downside to staying old is a pretty significant debuff.  

Yeah I'm current with their freak baby and all of that, thanks for the info though... so there's no real benefit to staying alive meaning I can go back to dying all the time lol.. easier imo than the alternative. 

Edited by Dexter

Yeah currently that part isn't implemented that we've been able to notice.  We spent some time trying to make sure and died a toon of times and compared to people who didn't and we aged at the same rate.  Probably won't be that way forever though.

I have 25 % Playhours more then someone of my Company who is 78 now while i am 56. We have both been in the Fountain allready, him when he was about 98 and me when i was 92. How does this make sense?

34 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

In addition - I heard that when you die, you age skips towards for a bit.

That might be the Reason, i dont die often.

41 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

In addition - I heard that when you die, you age skips towards for a bit.

True. Not that much though, almost none. 

Edited by Percieval