Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

Remember. No matter what, no matter what bugs happen or what imbalances are created, Atlas is at its core a great game, and the developers are people, like us. Don't forget to remind yourself of that from time to time.

All this hate, all this rage at the developers, and I think people forget one of the biggest things about the developers; they aren't flawless. They aren't infallible. They have ideas same as us, and they often want to see the game fixed and made better. But, as we all can agree, sometimes it doesn't pan out so they have more work to do. So please, before you go raging at them, hating on them, or whining or complaining, just remember... the devs are people too. And just like you or me, they can make mistakes too.

Remember though, one thing is certain. This game, when full released, is going to be something Amazing. Remember that, and no matter how choppy the waves get, weather through the storm for the treasure on the horizon!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

The thing is they got a massive amount of feedback some polite, some less so, some not that this is a bad idea for a lot of reasons and then they added insult to an already angry customer base but making an honestly barely noticeable reduction to the harder resource to get while still remaining mostly silent on why they did it in the first place. If they have a reason for wanting paste when a huge chunk of their player base doesn't have access to it then tell us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

All this hate, all this rage at the developers, and I think people forget one of the biggest things about the developers; they aren't flawless.

When they do things right, I'm happy to let them know.  I have done so in the past.  When they screw things up, I'm also happy to let them know. I have done so in the past.

I understand mistakes. What I don't understand is the refusal to communicate and blatant ignorance.

They don't seem to understand that people wouldn't be reacting the way they have if they didn't give a damn.  I think everyone has seen the potential of this game, a potential to be something they'll play for a very long time. When that potential gets smashed in the face by half thought out decisions and knee-jerk reactions, I don't blame them one bit for being upset.

This latest patch? That was a slap in the face to everyone who took the time to leave feedback.  Kinda hard to have sympathy for someone who does that.

And you're assuming it'll make it to release. We're less than a month into this and the playerbase has already exploded twice over bad decisions.  How many more before they throw their hands up and quit.

Someone said the other day something that stuck. It feels like their intent is to see who the last person to rage quit is.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be honest your first thought was white knight LOL mine was. But hey.... Don't judge a post by its title? >.< tehe

Honestly there is entirely too much hate it really does seem like people think all the fixes from Ark should function here as well. Not accounting for the vastly different mechanics of this game. And expect a 25 dollar game to be whole and complete. So ya that's a thing somehow. (And remember 2018 when what like maybe 10 games came out complete and they wanted full retail for the incomplete games?)

For 25 bucks I can play the heck out of this game. Its hard, but I want it to be. Its buggy, but its also a whole new direction for the creators to go in. Expecting perfection from an Ark port is ridiculous, and expecting it from a very different implementation of that software is even more insane. Work with what we have, give feedback, even rage at them when they do things woefully foolish *stone crafting kerfuffle*

But remember at the pace they are putting content out they seem to be working a whole heck of a lot more than the 8 hour days most people work. They seem very intent to make a game with tons of content. They are going to make mistakes. But they are also going to make good moves. So, a bit of patience (I know, I know, in this day and age asking for patience is like telling a Millennial they aren't the center of the world) but its necessary... Fixes are going to swing wildly from good to bad and back. Probably long after the game is complete. 

3 hours ago, Senkoau said:

The thing is they got a massive amount of feedback some polite, some less so, some not that this is a bad idea for a lot of reasons and then they added insult to an already angry customer base but making an honestly barely noticeable reduction to the harder resource to get while still remaining mostly silent on why they did it in the first place. If they have a reason for wanting paste when a huge chunk of their player base doesn't have access to it then tell us.

Perhaps they're refactoring the Tundra and Polar resources or biome balance across the board. We have no idea what is on the road map. Which would be nice to be privy to but right now we're not and maybe that's for the better. They are not obligated to explain their reasoning though that too would be nice. Wouldn't make much of a difference to those wielding torches and pitch forks but at least we'd all be on the same page.

Idk about you but I certainly noticed the 55% reduction 😛

Edited by Nari

Early access is sometimes thought of in the wrong way, I look at it as testing most of the time, the game is fun, most of the time. They are saving loads of money having a public testing, they dont have the funding for beta branches, or 1,000 internal testers like some other mmo's, so it falls on us to constructively give feedback on changes, for the good or for the bad. When I was a kid I dreamt of being a tester for Nintendo as a job, it's not quite the same, but its pretty cool seeing a game develop in this way.

• Like 1

This post is clear people are in denial and banding together to grasp on to one another just before something really bad happens.

Its like watching a horror film lol

621038815_ATLASDOWN.jpg.ddbf10d2204fc693ad8b893626a2133f.jpg

1790006525_massivedropinnumbers.jpg.ed8daa2b081f3005bdada1cf33405d82.jpg

4 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

This post is clear people are in denial and banding together to grasp on to one another just before something really bad happens.

The only one in Denial is you from moving onto a new game. Wait a few months then come back.

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

You call people a white knight and a girl in 1 sentence? Something went wrong there. I think you’re the crying girl judging by your comment. 

Are you saying only men can be knights?

21 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I see nothing out of the ordinary with these numbers. You're acting like the game is released. News flash: it isn't.

12 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Read it again. I know english is not your strong suit but I expect some kind of sense. 

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

I see nothing out of the ordinary with these numbers. You're acting like the game is released. News flash: it isn't.

Arks number were was better in the first 30 days, SO yeah nothing out of the ordinary for a failing game but not for a great one.1645921923_arkup.jpg.be5e31e408c5c1a59b362352651a364d.jpg

This is Arks number from the first 30 day and the following month

Edited by Scorpionshawn

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Arks number were was better in the first 30 days, SO yeah nothing out of the ordinary for a failing game but not for a great one.1645921923_arkup.jpg.be5e31e408c5c1a59b362352651a364d.jpg

Cool. Direct comparison like that are meaningless but ok.

Edited by Nari

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

your in denial 

There are a lot of factor at play. Simply comparing the first 30 days and concluding failure is ignorant but w/e. For one, people now know of these devs and the smart ones who cant bare to play right now will try again later. Not to mention the Dino VS Pirate theme pulls in different kinds of people regardless of previous titles. I could go on but whats the point?

6 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

All this hate, all this rage at the developers, and I think people forget one of the biggest things about the developers; they aren't flawless. They aren't infallible. They have ideas same as us, and they often want to see the game fixed and made better. But, as we all can agree, sometimes it doesn't pan out so they have more work to do. So please, before you go raging at them, hating on them, or whining or complaining, just remember... the devs are people too. And just like you or me, they can make mistakes too.

Remember though, one thing is certain. This game, when full released, is going to be something Amazing. Remember that, and no matter how choppy the waves get, weather through the storm for the treasure on the horizon!

ping on my server just went from 255 to 100 with the last patch. Most of the hackers were offline raided and harrassed by players. Most griefers were wartarget listed and eventually quit. The Big Blue Donut is forming. Next step, a long lul before the summer wars start. Nothing but positive things to say about this game.

Games Ded.

Edited by wakko151

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

That wasn’t what he was saying, but since you asked, historically yes, only men could be knights. Afaik, only Great Britain continues to bestow knighthood, but they now do it for artistic achievement rather than military prowess. This is why you occasionally see names on film credits like Sir Richard Attenborough, Sir John Gielgud. Given the change, I don’t see any reason you couldn’t bestow knighthood on a lady in theory but I think they have a separate title ie Dame Judy Dench.

1 hour ago, wakko151 said:

ping on my server just went from 255 to 100 with the last patch. Most of the hackers were offline raided and harrassed by players. Most griefers were wartarget listed and eventually quit. The Big Blue Donut is forming. Next step, a long lul before the summer wars start. Nothing but positive things to say about this game.

Games Ded.

Tehe EVE references!!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragonchampion said:

First time I have seen a paragraph as a title. 👍

13 minutes ago, Realist said:

First time I have seen a paragraph as a title. 👍

I honestly didn't think you could make them that long.

*runs off to see if he can fit all the lyrics to REM's It's the End of the World as we Know it into a thread title.*

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Game will likely settle around 10000-15000 peaks. Most will be people playing not to lose what they have.

It´s clear they wont reach ARK numbers in any way, since they still seem stuck in the ARK gameplay mentality instead of truly moving forward.

A pirate game where you still need elephants, bears, rhinos, wolves, lions, tigers etc.

Edited by Shintai

7 hours ago, Stationmonkey said:

Be honest your first thought was white knight LOL mine was. But hey.... Don't judge a post by its title? >.< tehe

Honestly there is entirely too much hate it really does seem like people think all the fixes from Ark should function here as well. Not accounting for the vastly different mechanics of this game. And expect a 25 dollar game to be whole and complete. So ya that's a thing somehow. (And remember 2018 when what like maybe 10 games came out complete and they wanted full retail for the incomplete games?)

For 25 bucks I can play the heck out of this game. Its hard, but I want it to be. Its buggy, but its also a whole new direction for the creators to go in. Expecting perfection from an Ark port is ridiculous, and expecting it from a very different implementation of that software is even more insane. Work with what we have, give feedback, even rage at them when they do things woefully foolish *stone crafting kerfuffle*

But remember at the pace they are putting content out they seem to be working a whole heck of a lot more than the 8 hour days most people work. They seem very intent to make a game with tons of content. They are going to make mistakes. But they are also going to make good moves. So, a bit of patience (I know, I know, in this day and age asking for patience is like telling a Millennial they aren't the center of the world) but its necessary... Fixes are going to swing wildly from good to bad and back. Probably long after the game is complete. 

People seem to overlook the fact that in addition to dealing with everything they complain about, the developer's priority is the production schedule.  Players want to judge the devs by how they respond to complaints and bug reports, but if the devs want a paycheck next week they have to stay on schedule and fix things as time permits.  

Devs are people too. Except that we are customers and the devs are a business. The listed features become an obligation to the customers or it's false advertising.