Sign in to follow this  
gadefence

Is old age supposed to kill you?

So, since I'm 100 years old, I went and test at about 90 years old what would happen if I rolled a new toon. You lose everything and get kicked out of your company (or start as a none-company man, as the case is).

My question is, is getting to 100 SUPPOSED to leave you at a centenarian with perma debuff or are you supposed to die and reroll a toon?

I just left my company to a mate of mine because neitehr or us want to see it bricked due to this since I do not have time to go do a FoY yet - plus I did want to reroll anyway eventually.

Is it a game feature that you're SUPPOSED to die or is the game feature that you stay as an old fuck until you get a fountain of youth or bang out/shit out a baby? I would like to know so I can get ownership of this company again.

It is a feature, it just isn't implemented yet. Eventually once they have fleshed out and released the parenting feature and ironed out the bugs, I imagine they will enable old age death. I believe if you die of old age at that point, it will result in perma death of that character unless you have offspring to continue with

16 minutes ago, CamsterAu said:

It is a feature, it just isn't implemented yet. Eventually once they have fleshed out and released the parenting feature and ironed out the bugs, I imagine they will enable old age death. I believe if you die of old age at that point, it will result in perma death of that character unless you have offspring to continue with

and there is where they will lose a fuck ton of players , solo players dying and losing everything , this wasnt sold as a hardcore pema death survival game , 

if that actually happens then they are commiting suicide with this game and that particular mechanic , nowhere has it ever been confirmed u will lose everything if u die

worst case  would be having your char die and return at lvl 1 . and having to relevel  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UDO said:

and there is where they will lose a fuck ton of players , solo players dying and losing everything , this wasnt sold as a hardcore pema death survival game , 

if that actually happens then they are commiting suicide with this game and that particular mechanic , nowhere has it ever been confirmed u will lose everything if u die

worst case  would be having your char die and return at lvl 1 . and having to relevel  

That's the thing. Just forcing you to recreate a character isn't bad, but if, like I suspect, it wipes your character and also triggers loss of company and everything, people will rage quite a bit.

• Like 1

One of the mods written for Unofficial seems pretty good.  An NPC will make a potion for 250 gold that will take 20 years off your age, and that seems pretty fair to me.  There's another one where there is a Feat to change your age back too.  Both methods seem, at first glance, better than the crappy Fountain of Youth fix.

11 hours ago, gadefence said:

My question is, is getting to 100 SUPPOSED to leave you at a centenarian with perma debuff or are you supposed to die and reroll a toon?

They've basically said that you'll be able to create an heir. However, I suspect it'll require a lot of paste and metal to do so.

8 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

They've basically said that you'll be able to create an heir. However, I suspect it'll require a lot of paste and metal to do so.

None of those meant you automatically die at old age, although I figured most of us figured that.

I do believe they said it's anti offline griefing so I'm assuming you die, but still wanted confirmation.

This is what currently happens.

You reach 90+ you get debuff forever until you reach FoY. That is all that happens right now.

Later they will introduce human breeding which gives another option instead of FoY where you can breed a baby and take over its body.

At that point they will likely introduce old age death. Old age death will mean you lose everything unless you took over your babies body.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood