Sign in to follow this  
krazmuze

Character Age should be level not real time

Having an end game 'raid' happen every month regardless of character level is beyond dumb.   Tie this fountain of youth mechanic to your character level and not a real time clock.      Lvl 35 and I am 90yrs old?    All because I do not play every day for eight hours for the last month to get to max level? 

(Yes I know it is actually a naked sloop spam (re)run, lets pretend they will actually make it the real end game raid it should be)

Welcome to the Geriatric Olympics, friend. It is quite the suck. Anyways I think the aging is done and that the Fountain itself should be reworked as a sort of way to push the level cap a little bit.

• Like 1

I disagree, having age based on level is a terrible idea. And what you fail to realise/mention is that FoY is not going to be the only solution to old age, it's simply the only option they have rolled out as of yet.

Tying aging into the servers passage of time is a good solution to the issue of quitting players bodies and buildings screwing up everyone else's gameplay

5 minutes ago, CamsterAu said:

I disagree, having age based on level is a terrible idea. And what you fail to realise/mention is that FoY is not going to be the only solution to old age, it's simply the only option they have rolled out as of yet.

Seeing how horrible breeding works (or it doesnt work at all) you can prolly either watch your offspring freeze to death every time or play some really creepy minigames.

2 hours ago, krazmuze said:

Having an end game 'raid' happen every month regardless of character level is beyond dumb.   Tie this fountain of youth mechanic to your character level and not a real time clock.      Lvl 35 and I am 90yrs old?    All because I do not play every day for eight hours for the last month to get to max level? 

(Yes I know it is actually a naked sloop spam (re)run, lets pretend they will actually make it the real end game raid it should be)

Scrap the age mechanic, and just change it to fountain of power, give people a buff after they reach a certain level.

The devs are ruining this game dancing around the age mechanic, they need to just cut it out, and all problems are solved.

Edited by Tina Toothpick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CamsterAu said:

Tying aging into the servers passage of time is a good solution to the issue of quitting players bodies and buildings screwing up everyone else's gameplay

They already have a solution for that which has nothing to do with age, if you simply do not login for 10d your body gets deleted regardless of what age you are and that is if it already not died of hunger/thirst or mob/player.       Simply delete their flags along with their body, either login once a week or lose your base.   You simply do not need an age mechanic to have a trash player mechanic.

We already know how breeding your kid will work because breeding is already in the game, and that is not even something even remotely feasible for a casual player to do.  Sorry real life kids I cannot feed you dinner because my game baby needs fed so that my character is not perma debuffed.    Sorry honey not in the mood tonight I have to sail across the map because my NPC wife says it is too hot for us to make a baby.  

Edited by krazmuze

1 hour ago, Tina Toothpick said:

Scrap the age mechanic, and just change it to fountain of power, give people a buff after they reach a certain level.

The devs are ruining this game dancing around the age mechanic, they need to just cut it out, and all problems are solved.

If you reach max level in other mmo if you want to reroll and relevel it is worth it as they give your next char bonuses. (D&D Online for example).     So I do not even have to play the game, just let it age me then once a month naked spam  thru FoY and get awarded permabuffs just because of the progression of time?  That does not even require a sweatshop to do character power leveling, just make a bunch of alts that you logon to once a month after a year your alt army should be seriously buffed and can easily power level.  

Edited by krazmuze

2 hours ago, CamsterAu said:

Or... Just have them disappear after a certain amount of time?

Why ruin the game with this stupid mechanic, if that is all they wanted to do?

1 hour ago, krazmuze said:

If you reach max level in other mmo if you want to reroll and relevel it is worth it as they give your next char bonuses. (D&D Online for example).     So I do not even have to play the game, just let it age me then once a month naked spam  thru FoY and get awarded permabuffs just because of the progression of time?  That does not even require a sweatshop to do character power leveling, just make a bunch of alts that you logon to once a month after a year your alt army should be seriously buffed and can easily power level.  

You're comparing Atlas to traditional MMO design and I hate to break it to you but this isn't that kind of MMO. It is an MMO by literal definition. Also every single one of these mechanics is subject to change and in this case is practically guaranteed. Death isn't a thing yet, human babies isn't a thing yet. We don't even know if rejuvenation stacks cap and if they do when. the devs were originally quoted saying ages 20 to 100 should take 3 months. Is that still intended because if so your invincible sleeper army will take years to amass.

Edited by Nari

As always the devs misjudged player ability to consume content and realized that an end game raid needs repeatable every month or that type of player will go elsewhere (lets ignore the fact that the current content not really worthy of being called a raid) .  So people aged to debuff within a mere month.  What makes you think they will ever be able to change that to three months when players already was getting buffed every month?  Even if you wanted it longer originally you will change your mind and say keep it faster or I will get behind.   That is why it being a live MMO is more important than it being an EA MMO.  When nobody is playing you can make balance chances, once it is live you cannot change the design.   For sure the design is already done and not going to change.   Sure they might bolt in a better raid dungeon, they did it in ARK because they are designed as dungeons they are easily swapped out without harming the map.   Just look at Kibble design in ARK to realize sometimes you have to stick with bad design because that is what you went with and are now stuck with it.   These devs do not do early access to redesign the game, they do early access so that they can have a two year ramp to push out new content every month.   

Edited by krazmuze