Sign in to follow this  
Wh33ls

Tames killed by alpha snake inside double walled stone base

I had problems with them before the wipe but this time around I'm on an island with no or very little snakes thank god.

I have placed mine over water also, not had any problems I'm probably tempting fate saying this.

It should not be necessary to build on pillars or on water. 

When you get a house with foundations and walls without a spare or open window, you should be safe. We are safe from animals who want to come in on this way. 

The only issue actually is, that the animals can and will spawn in our buildings. 

So the devs only have to fix that. Like resources can't spawn after place a foundation on the spot. 

Pretty sure they will asap 

i personally find it kinder at the end of every play session to just unclaim my animals and shoot them in the face.......

next day i will steal some more from peeps that have not bothered to log in for the countdown timer duration...

fools!..:classic_tongue:

schooners and brigs with no ceilings in upper decks...and ramp peices going down instead...make for ideal container deep hull ships that easily hold troughs and nellies ect...i can fit a nellie and a tin bath (girrafe) in a schooner..

and they will be safe as houses

Edited by hurricane moon

Same problems as in ARK and same reaction of the devs: NOTHING!

Tames and sleeping players fall through the floor. Wild animals clip right in whereever they "want" to - fences, walls, double walls everything is useless.

The respawn of stones, trees, bushes directly in foundations makes it a fun to build houses. Combined with the "obstructed"-Option, if even one pixel would be under the ground.

Wild animals spawning IN closed houses. 

But my bear is 20 times relocated, if I try to get through an open gate...

And: I DO KNOW, that this is an Beta-prerelease and so on. But WHY don't they fix known evil bugs before implementing new ones?

Yes, "the adventure of my lifetime" ... 

On 5/18/2019 at 8:13 PM, Nutcutt3r said:

Passive = Bad

Sometimes neutral is even worse.

A while back, at the end of the night I put all my animals away in the pen (full stone, double walls, double foundations) and set them all to neutral as I do before going to bed.

Wake up the next day and get on, my discord is littered with messages from my company mates that a bunch of my animals died. I get on and look at the company log, 23 animals killed by a cobra.

I run over to the pen, and I see a cobra stuck in one of the foundations. I go and grab a bear I had in a separate building and try to kill it. Because of the way it was glitched into the floor, my bear couldn't hit it but the snake could hit my bear.

So my animals all jumped in to save the cow that was in that spot, and the snake just feasted on them one by one, impervious to their heroic efforts.

It dined well that night. Had I left them on passive, it would have just had steak. But instead, it also got to sample elephant, rhino, bear, shieldhorn and razortooth.

Edited by Kidori
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kidori said:

Sometimes neutral is even worse

You dont have to have them all on neutral, but some helps.

1 hour ago, Nutcutt3r said:

You dont have to have them all on neutral, but some helps.

Yup, learned that that night. Now I just keep a few fighters on neutral and the rest on passive. Thankfully haven't had an issue since then.

We don't like logging in to see all of our animals crowded into one corner of the barn because something outside glitched in through the wall enough to get one hit on one animal.  We do a lot of breeding and try to keep them organized, and as Kidori said, sometimes outside things can reach in to get hits, but the inside things can't get hits out, so they just line up for the slaughter.  We should not have to keep our animals constantly on neutral just in case some wild animal glitches into our reinforced barns.  That kind of thinking is just enabling everyone to keep de-prioritizing fixing this bug.  We do keep a few "guard" animals on neutral, but we don't want to have to do that.  What is even the point of building an enclosed barn that case?  And how annoying is it when you go to kill a vulture outside your barn and all of a sudden every animal on the homestead is rushing to help?  The animals in safe housing should be safe and able to be set to passive.

Is why i have had to keep all my bears on Attack target and they handle the alphas.

and again no statement of the dev team... 

Solve problems, eliminate bugs, incrase the performance and then, if all works fine, bring some new stuff.

I've not lost a tame since going to a 5 wall high wood platform with only a short railing around it and with a two section L shaped ramp. I don't have a gate at all, just an opening. I do post 6 bears just inside the opening but they only aggro not even once a month. Only the horses and pigs are set to passive. I've not lost anything since prior to the wipe.

It's not a building, it's a platform on 6 4 wall cube pillars. Nothing has fallen through since the wipe but if anything did, it would just be outside. No rebuilding.