Daemon Cross

This game isn’t winning any recommendations

I know first and foremost that the game is in early access, I understand that bugs, glitches and updates are common with early access releases but I however am really getting fed up trying to play as a solo player contending with Alphas which you cannot tame but can kill three of your tame wolfs with little effort at the same time, I’m getting frustrated that I can’t seem to gather much meat because as soon as the harvest hits the ground a swarm of vultures are all over it, if you hit one by mistake then they all come after you, I am half scared to try and put any more tames on my boat because my lion seemed to get swooped up in the sky bobbing around out of the area, I don’t seem to be able to do any treasure maps because I am over run by the undead, I don’t want to join a large company or depend on other players just to be able to see and enjoy the content the game has to offer. 

Perhaps my frustration is minor compared to some, the problem is that I really want to be part of what could be a great game, part of community that will be around for a very long time but it saddens me to see new updates coming out, new content being added  but none of it seems to be fixing what is already causing so many people to leave the game, perhaps they will come back and perhaps they won’t, currently I don’t recommend the game to people who ask me about it because it is no where near what it needs to be for a casual player to enjoy. I have made a great effort to give the game a fair chance and time to work with the current player base before giving it a negative review but with the lastest update of v16 and so little has been touched of what the ones in the forums are asking for such as land claims, fix the alphas, or at least let us tame them, fix the tame flying off while you try putting it on a ship and all the other stuff I’ve read here in the pve section that I don’t see any other options. I mean I paid for the product and will continue to play it, at least until I either have had enough of the crap or something better comes out. 

For now as for my personal opinion it’s 2 1/2 stars out of 5, you have a great concept, good graphics and truly open world but you also have a list of bugs, creatures that need balanced and the lag issues causing game locking up

I would greatly appreciate any ideas people have found for the issues I’ve mentioned aside from dropping my own company to join another 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

what server do you play on i play solo on na pve m11 i have land ships tames i get treasure kill  the undead with very little problems you just have to be prepared alphas are a pain but if you know how to kill them they aren't that hard i kill them all the time i know you said you dont want to join a company if you change your mind let me know

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer, I play on NA Hydra H5, been there since I bought the game, I’ve built ships, bases and I have had multiple tames but none have survived. I try to be resourceful and remove old bases when I build new ones, currently working on one next to the water where I can park my Brigantine and Schooner both, my son has a sloop he leave there but switched to a unofficial server some time ago but will log in and help me once in awhile. He has his own friends and they pay for the server but I enjoy the official server myself.  I was ready to quit when I lost my three wolves at once but I keep telling myself that it’s still early access and they may do a complete wipe by the time it comes out of EA so I shouldn’t get to attached to anything at this point, I done crashed and lost one brig when they posted that message about we are updating but you won’t need to sign out but the server always loses conn anyway and it’s a major lag spike at times. No big deal built a new one but now I use more caution and park anytime something is going on. The tames aren’t hard to get with a pen but it’s time and deaths trying to get them to the pen. The Island I’m on used to be over run with wolves but they really helped with the patch awhile back and made it more the way it should be, snakes and crocs aren’t bad but there are some lions on the west side of the Island that hurt and a pain to lure all the way back to the east side where my pen is. I really try to play the game as a survivor and eat what I need and keep water with me or means of obtaining it, with the current state of the game I’ve went into fits because of the mechanics killing me over and over and me not wanting to lose my inventory. 

My biggest fear atm is growing old and having no way to complete the FOY quest line and the game  having to start over from scratch and lose everything I have worked on.  So far I don’t take many journeys out unless to gather resources we don’t have on the Island for fear of losing my claim or sinking my ship.

I hope to see you out on the open waters some time

We have a base on a spot like that too. I understand your frustration. It's not the easiest and most rewarding places to have a base. Maybe think about moving bioms. After 30 hour building a base in the desert I was also close to uninstall. Moving to the tropicals made things much better.

• Like 3

Once I finish this base, I plan to go explore and see what is out there, I want a place built good before taking any chances of losing my ship and having to start over from scratch. There seems to be a lot of good people in the game and that makes it worth the effort and frustration 

i was worried about the age thing too but the location of the foy on m9 is pretty easy to get to