Casey.Ambraelle

Claimed shipyard w/built ship

I claimed land that has a shipyard with a fully built ship in it. The shipyard now says I'm the owner but the ship in it still shows the inactive company as the owner. I can't  place a claim flag on it as I get an error says can only claim enemy ships. 

My question is Is it claimable at all or should I just demo it and salvage the resources? If its claimable how do I go about claiming it?

Just now, Casey.Ambraelle said:

I claimed land that has a shipyard with a fully built ship in it. The shipyard now says I'm the owner but the ship in it still shows the inactive company as the owner. I can't  place a claim flag on it as I get an error says can only claim enemy ships. 

My question is Is it claimable at all or should I just demo it and salvage the resources? If its claimable how do I go about claiming it?

Odd.. was the ship launched or was it still in the yard unfinished?

It sits unlaunched in the shipyard fully built minus a few hatch covers. I can release it or demo it I don't want to release it and have a ship I can't claim or demo sitting there.

Well this is Early Access, release it and see if you get it or can claim it.  

If not sink it and salvage the parts.

Well what else can you do. I believe the person releasing the ship will become the owner. So just try it.

I can demo it in the shipyard is my other option. Friends have captured other shipyards with incomplete ships in them and were unable to finish building them or release them. The only option that worked was demo. It would save me a ton of work to be able to claim it vs. demo and salvage

I just reached Lvl 26 and can respec into pirate to get the ship claim flag timer reduction skill just don't know if it will work or how it works

Edited by Casey.Ambraelle