Sign in to follow this  
Jean Lafitte

Reducing metal/pastes costs for stone is not a fix!

I just read the patch notes for upcoming v16.  Reducing metal and pastes costs is NOT a fix.

I live in the tundra.  There are 0 metal nodes on my island.  There are 0 sources of sap and there are 0 sources of paste.  That includes bugs and coral.  As a matter of fact, there are 0 gems, 0 salt, 0 crystals, 0 honey, 0 sugarcane, 0 turnips, 0 vegetables, 0 of anything that anyone would trade for except bears, horses and a few wolves (which have been nerfed to hell and back) and all of those are common enough in the warm regions and do not even begin to resemble a consumable resource.

If you INSIST on forcing this BS down my neck, at least have the courtesy to put a resource on my island that I can at least hope to trade for paste.  If you look on the maps on the wiki (which I realize aren't perfect), the VAST majority of unique resources are somewhere in the center of the map.  The ONLY true unique resource the tundra has is penguins and other than looking like a moron when you hug one, the only purpose they serve has is little use outside of the tundra and can be offset with parrots. I do not count yeti because they are not on my island and for that matter, neither are penguins.

Please stop turning those of us in the tundra into your bastard step-children.  I've already had to dump the vast majority of my skill points into fortitude just to survive here. I should not have to be shackled because I want to build a house that a snake won't eat.

At least have some decency and move all metal to the tundra. Give those of us in the tundra SOMETHING of value that your sun worshipers don't have that we can use to trade for sap/paste.

Thank you.

• Like 4

Yah i'm very disappointed about these upcoming patch notes. They nerfed elephants in the ground we made some valid points and then they buffed the weight on animals. This is the same issue, you made a change devs we've responded please get rid of the paste requirement and metal. 

• Like 1

When I said the same, someone living in tundra almost blasted me for saying it because they have paste enough. I’m confused. 

14 minutes ago, Percieval said:

When I said the same, someone living in tundra almost blasted me for saying it because they have paste enough. I’m confused. 

Well, I didn't see your post otherwise I would have laughed at them.  For the moment, I'm OK on paste and sap but that's because I did some trading a week ago for it. Right now, I've suspended all of my building projects and I've suspended building fire arrows so that I can have that resource to keep my furs from disintegrating.  My fortitude is high enough now that I can survive most of the day outdoors in hides. Night time, I still have to either use furs or wait it out inside. And even then, there are times when my ass is sitting on the grill to keep from freezing to death.  So that should give everyone an idea of just how valuable a commodity paste is to those of us in the tundra. 

And I'm lvl 49.  Just imagine what some noob on a raft would have to go through now. It took me a good 2 weeks of levelling up and dumping into fortitude before I could safely remove my furs. They would have to choose between repeatedly freezing to death and building something that won't get eaten or wearing furs and living in a wooden shack that every alpha is going to chew on.

If the devs want metal and paste to be used to build stone, fine. I can live with that. Provided they put both on my island just as they have for those in the middle of the map or they give us something that the middle of the map doesn't have that's just as valuable as paste.

18 minutes ago, Kirves said:

Yah i'm very disappointed about these upcoming patch notes. They nerfed elephants in the ground we made some valid points and then they buffed the weight on animals. This is the same issue, you made a change devs we've responded please get rid of the paste requirement and metal. 

Nerfed?  You're lucky.  I HAD elephants on my island (do note the word had).

Edited by Jean Lafitte

Well you can't tame elephants right now so it really doesn't matter if you have them or not.

27 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I just read the patch notes for upcoming v16.  Reducing metal and pastes costs is NOT a fix.

Forgive me for quoting myself but I feel like I deserve this.

ElYIUKq.gif

Edited by Jean Lafitte