Sign in to follow this  
Jizzah

Revised stone cost poll

Revised stone cost poll  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Revised stone cost

• The new changes reducing metal and paste cost are managable and I'm happy.
    • The change didn't need to be made, the paste and metal cost was fine.
    • The change shouldn't have been made in the first place, return to the old recipe with no metal and no paste.

It's just unfair to people who lack saps or metal on their islands. They needed to implement trade mechanics before making such changes.

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It's just unfair to people who lack saps or metal on their islands. They needed to implement trade mechanics before making such changes.

It's an idiotic change and they've not even bothered trying to justify it.  I'll give them to the end of the weekend before quitting.

• Like 2

No metal. None. It is stone. I can understand a small amount of sap for mortar. Metal is ridiculous and I won't be happy until metal is completely removed from the cost.

• Like 2

The irony of all this is that if you want to build a large stone barrier it's STILL much cheaper to make it using stone gateways and gates than an equivalent sized structure using stone walls.

Edited by Jizzah
  • Like 1

No metal or sap on my server area....... all I can say is I'm glad I mostly finished my buildings before all this.

• Like 2

I could handle the metal cost. The paste cost is simply not something that should be there. Increase the stone cost or something, but the sap is kind of useless and weird. I can't figure out why it's in there.

The bigger issue is that now stone still costs quite a bit, but is completely inadequate for dealing with explosives and raiding IMO. 

• Like 2

Neither the metal nor the stone is justifiable.  When you go to make changes to something, you do it in iterations and check to make sure each adjustment hasn't broken it.

• Like 1

Left this overnight.  5 against reverting and 50 for.  Don't know why I bothered to be honest.

• Like 1

The nerf on the stone structures themselves was plenty. The added material on the stone structures was to far. It needs to go back to its original recipe.

• Like 1

I've stopped playing. Completely. I'll check in every now and again to see if this change was reverted..... otherwise, I'm done. Too much grind for me. The only way they will listen is with a boycott.

• Like 2

I've tried to work with the changes and even with the increased harvest, it's awful.  Next time I have a respec, I'm deleting stone construction permanently. 

Edited by Jizzah

Some metal required would be fine, every island can offer at least a trickle of metal.  But sap is not something that is universally available, and makes the organic paste requirement frustrating for some.

And that's not going into the nerf to stone tier as well.

59 minutes ago, Jizzah said:

I've tried to work with the changes and even with the increased harvest, it's awful.  Next time I have a respec, I'm deleting stone construction permanently. 

But you're quitting after today, how are you going to get a respec to drop stone?

Honestly, if they wanted metal in the structure...they should introduce a new tier of building so you have Thatch<Wood<Stone<Metal...seemed to work well in Ark, why not here too?

I'm okay with increasing the cost of stone, but it shouldn't take sap. More of the base stone, wood, thatch, fibers and maybe metal would be reasonable. Clearly they want to limit the overbuilding going on.

Aside from the cost, the nerf is the real issue here. It makes building stone pointless when you can topple 3layer thick stone walls with ease. Just build with wood and use more layers. It's more economical and doesn't take the stone/metal/sap.

Our whole base was left in ruins last night. 1 person can place a thatch foundation & cannon and go to town. Stone is styrofoam quality now.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jizzah said:

I'll give them to the end of the weekend before quitting.

11 hours ago, Jizzah said:

I may quit, I may not.  That's my prerogative. 

I think we all know you're not going to quit xD

• Like 1