Beylerbeyi

suggestion Make a Gold/upkeep For Additional Claim Flags

There is many suggestions and topics similar i know, just want to share my ideas about claim system.

You can see many islands claimed by one company or player. They build enough for 2 flag claim spot but the rest is empty land. This is a huge kickback for new and growing players  looking for land.

Make claim flag "upkeep system" : 10gold/hour each flag after "first flag" . First company/players flag free plus every flag need hourly gold upkeep. more flags more upkeep you name it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1634996804

• Like 1

I agree, there should be something limiting the number of claims. Having to pay upkeep would certainly make a company consider if they really need that claim or not.

When I first heard of using flags to claim land, it reminded me of the hundreds of threads started about ARK and how people wanted a way to stop the pillar spam some players use to claim land and limit the ability of a single player to claim half the land on a server.

Instead, the way the flag system is implemented, it seems to legitimize those players whose main goal seems to be claiming as much land as humanly possible. This system is very broke in my opinion, as it rewards the griefers that would try to block other players from having a place to build.

• Like 1

Upkeep should be 100 gold per day on EVERY claim flag beyond the first for the company. Players must insert the coin into the claim flag itself. Claim flags can only hold 200 gold maximum at any one time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roughrider said:

Upkeep should be 100 gold per day on EVERY claim flag beyond the first for the company. Players must insert the coin into the claim flag itself. Claim flags can only hold 200 gold maximum at any one time.

Gold? No, that's silly. PASTE.  2000 paste per day!

and 500 metal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Gold? No, that's silly. PASTE.  2000 paste per day!

and 500 metal.

Yep, your right, I forgot grapeshot "logic" here. Your missing the 5000 stone though 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What i have suggested in many places is NOT gold.  But resources, if you don't pay to offset the decay of the buildings those buildings take damage.  Also the claim flag should be a built item.