jabnlab

Bear Vanished

If you use the get on ship command. Mount the animal once in the ship and ride it to the front or center of your ship. 

Animals tend to float when crossing server lines. If you see your animal bouncing or rubber banding, stop your ship and mount it. 

I learned this lesson after taming 3 elephants and the one elephant I didn’t ride became an astronaut. 

I have lost animals that just randomly fall through the mesh. RIP level 77 bear and 68 bear. 

Edited by Gaxon

I wonder if this information is on the list of the issues to be fixed since there was no feedback?

Losing tamed animals is a very disappointing incident in this overall fascinating game.

Dear Devs please take care of that animal vanishing bug.

Just lost a bear. Took him out treasure hunting on a schooner. I used the follow method to get him on and off the ship. The next day he glitched twice in the base by falling into the floor. Anyway I rode him around just to make sure. The next day I log in and he disappeared only to be killed by lions somewhere a day later. Coincidentally the island I went treasure hunting 4 days earlier was full of lions.

Anyone had a similar experience?

Has anyone tried looking at the equivalent of 50/50 (center of the server you are on), that was where things appeared if they despawned in Ark. Also, if under the mesh you can try to whistle follow and run down to a beach. There are often multiple meshes on top of each other and animals can clip through from the reverse side of the mesh.

If in your foundations and it won't follow you out or you can't punch it free then the only option is really to remove a foundation or two.

I lost a bear on a ship about 2 weeks ago, I always used to use follow me command and go up the ladder, it usually spawns on the boat. The trouble with this was it kept getting stuck in the corner part of the back ship. I was told on here to goto the side of your ship in the water and use the send to  your ship option, I never noticed it before until someone pointed it out to me.

Ever since using this i've had no problems with it, it just teleports onto ship. I really hope they look into the animal part of the game though including breeding, needs seriously looking at.

To look under the mesh press K and use mouse wheel to zoom out. Then rotate the camera.

8 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

Ever since using this i've had no problems with it, it just teleports onto ship. I really hope they look into the animal part of the game though including breeding, needs seriously looking at.

Not to kill your joy but i have lost a couple of bears and a tiger using the send to ship method as well. It's always a risk no matter how you do it unless you have a dock you can walk off of. The Devs need to fix this

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indywoodtiger said:

Not to kill your joy but i have lost a couple of bears and a tiger using the send to ship method as well. It's always a risk no matter how you do it unless you have a dock you can walk off of. The Devs need to fix this

Yeah I tend to get close to ship, leave a little gap and then do it. If you did it far out i've found it just slips off. It will probably still happen as you say but you're right they need to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Please keep this on top :wheel:

They need to fix the porting and vanishing bug so our tamed animals are safe :anchor:

On 1/25/2019 at 3:00 PM, Retarded Bird said:

We've lost Bears, Wolves, Elephants, Rhinos, all of them to basically nothing, just POOF, gone.  Love it.  It's EA but man is it frustrating as hell losing shit you spent time acquiring only for it to just disappear with a fart.  The BEST one by far is watching our Elephants float off into the sky without being able to get them back(Yes, even tried whistling, etc, still nothing) and one of our bears.   They believe they can fly!

Disney Dumbo publicity I am thinking.

Mine disappeared once but I count tell it was still there by moving around it the UI went crazy.  I restarted it showed back up

Random Story pay no attention.......

Was out whale hunting last night and found a lvl 23 elephant and lvl 59 bear being eaten  by a shark. Both bloody, so I turn that ship as fast as I could and I headed over. Jumped in the water to save them. Was able to claim elephant but the shark took another bite and ate him . So I swam over to the bear now the shark is eatting me.

I  claimed the lvl 59 bear that was full of blood and managed to teleport him on my ship. Trying many times to click the ladder while being eatting by this shark broken bones and freezing cold I made in back on the ship.  Jump on the bear and use call of nature.  55 hp left. Jump back off  and  mounted the harpoon gun and I destroyed that shark, then I chopped it up and had him for dinner.Walked over to the bear with a smile, fed it some berries and gave it a lvl, he stood up all proud and waved his big ol paws.

Then I named him Lucky

Lost another one this morning, it starting glitching up a mountain so we climbed mountain and one of us managed to get on it. But it did nothing but run in one spot. We jumped off and poof it was gone. Was only a lvl 68......