refund

Performance with ryzen 5, 16gb ram and an rx680/590

hey guys...my pc died on Christmas and my pc wasnt even good enough for this game...i want to buy a config with a ryzen5 2600x,16gbram 3000-3200 and a rx580 or rx590 on full HD... could u please tell me your fps and overall peformance? i would be very thankful if u could help me out with this topic....maby one of your friends kind of have the same components

thank you...and have fun playing

I dont have anything near that powerful, but with my old rigg, I can get 30-40FPS with a custom cfg file.  

hm okay thank you for your answer bro...what components do you have? i guess i should be fine with this config i mentioned but iwant to be sure before i buy

Sorry I should have said what my rigg has.

i5 sandybridge 3.2ghz CPU

8GB DDR3 7600 RAM

760GTX Nvidia GPU

500GB SSD

500GB HDD

800w Coresair power supply.

• Like 1

ah no problem...thank you for your time, i hope someone with a similar setup like i mentioned will comment here...your answer already helped me in a way 🙂

• Like 1

RX580/RX590 is anything but fast so don´t expect much. Get a RTX2060 instead and when they add DLSS to ARK and Atlas performance will only go up further.

Keep the CPU etc for now if you can.

Edited by Shintai
  • Confused 1

thanks buddy...thats why i want to hear someone with that setup:D i dont expect 100+fps on high with that setup , i dont like the 6gb but i will think about it...Thank you

i have a ryzen 2600 with 32gb and a Vega56, the game works well in 1440p nearly 60fps everytime @ epic settings

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kam7r said:

i have a ryzen 2600 with 32gb and a Vega56, the game works well in 1440p nearly 60fps everytime @ epic settings

thank you very much...could you tell me what's your ram usage is?

1 hour ago, refund said:

hey guys...my pc died on Christmas and my pc wasnt even good enough for this game...i want to buy a config with a ryzen5 2600x,16gbram 3000-3200 and a rx580 or rx590 on full HD... could u please tell me your fps and overall peformance? i would be very thankful if u could help me out with this topic....maby one of your friends kind of have the same components

thank you...and have fun playing

If you get the 580, get more than 2gb.  I'm running the 2gb and had to take the graphics down from epic to high because of texture sizes.  It kept lagging whenever I was near another player.  Otherwise the 580 does a pretty decent job. Everything else is on highest settings and I normally don't see any low fps. I don't use a fps counter so I can't give you exact numbers but I'm pretty confident it's in the 50+ range. A lot depends on how much stuff it's trying to render though.

I'm running an 8 core AMD at 4.0 ghz with 32 gigs and it's pretty smooth. The thing I SERIOUSLY recommend, an SSD large enough for the OS and Atlas.  Putting it on the SSD made a HUGE difference in performance.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

If you get the 580, get more than 2gb.  I'm running the 2gb and had to take the graphics down from epic to high because of texture sizes.  It kept lagging whenever I was near another player.  Otherwise the 580 does a pretty decent job. Everything else is on highest settings and I normally don't see any low fps. I don't use a fps counter so I can't give you exact numbers but I'm pretty confident it's in the 50+ range. A lot depends on how much stuff it's trying to render though.

I'm running an 8 core AMD at 4.0 ghz with 32 gigs and it's pretty smooth. The thing I SERIOUSLY recommend, an SSD large enough for the OS and Atlas.  Putting it on the SSD made a HUGE difference in performance.

you play on  fullhd right? and what do you mean by get more than 2 gb? isn't the rx 580 a 8gb card , never heard of a 2 gb version ... and thank you for your time

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Wait....so you guys are saying I should definately upgrade from my Coleco, right?

Did I say AMD... I ment Timex Sinclair

1 hour ago, refund said:

you play on  fullhd right? and what do you mean by get more than 2 gb? isn't the rx 580 a 8gb card , never heard of a 2 gb version ... and thank you for your time

Ah, you're right, I have the 4gb version. For some reason I thot it was only 2.  Sitting in my in-game house with high textures, not elite, and everything else on max it's using 2.4gb video ram with the game running and the temp is hovering around 60 C and the fan runs around 40-50%.  I only paid like $150 for it so, for the money, I'm quite happy.  With elite textures, it was maxing out the ram.

This one is the one I have.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126196&Description=580&cm_re=580-_-14-126-196-_-Product

I honestly couldn't see paying over $300 for 4 more gb of ram.  And since there's not a huge difference between elite and high textures the card is well worth it.  I got it about $30 cheaper than that price though.

Edited by Jean Lafitte
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, refund said:

Here, this should tell you what you want to know.

I stepped out and looked at the terrain.  The memory shot up to 3.6g. Again, high, not elite.  Which is why I suggest the 8gb version if you want to run elite textures.

ROOwvzh.jpg

• Thanks 1