Orionadie

Explain the Claim system for the love of baby snek's.

So I went to steal a claim today as land is a bitch to find. I waited an hour beside a claim for it to tick down to zero seconds.

Only to have it then go into s negative and not allow me to place a claim marker. For the love of baby alpha snek's could someone please explain exactly all the ins and out of this claim system so I can snag me some pve land.

Would be nice if the dev's put out an official post explaining how it works for ann noobs and vets.

Anyways cheers to the pirate life time to hunt some sugar so I can build me a stone house. Lol

• Like 1

i believe it will go to minus 65.000 then you can do the 6 hour declaim then you can do a 10 minute claim.

if there are company's that have to many flags and the timers are gone you will have a 15 minute declaim and a 10 min claim.

you can see the declaim on the flag your contesting and not on your own flag, it will also show you if the company has to many flags

if you place the flag look if it is contested. if it is take your flag and find an other place.

Thanx, as much ss I will look for another piece of attainable useful land. I will also check back in 18 hours ish for it to tick to negative 65000.

Flags go to -240000 or so. There are 2 reasons you cant claim a flag, one is if there is any timer. the other is if it is contested, sleepers, connected via flags etc.

Edited to remove some items no longer relevant

Regarding the actual process of claiming

If you place the flag and it immediately says "your claim is being contested" it means that someone is already in the ring of your claim or the ring of the claim you are trying to take.

The trick is, you are not always contesting only one flag, you are often contesting multiple, in particular you are often contesting an overlapping sea claim which has a much much larger radius.

If you cant see the enemy contestors of a flag but it is immediately saying that your flag is contested its likely the problem is you are contesting the land flag and a sea claim, because of the radius of the sea claim when you ping a flag to show enemy combatants it will not always show the full radius of the sea claim. Very likely there are sleepers within the radius of one of the flags you are contesting.

There are plenty of inactive players out there and not all of their land overlaps the structure they are sleeping in. Pay close attention to the border of the claim (the red line) follow it all the way around with your flag up, whilst you are learning, flicking the mouse side to side just a tiny bit will allow you to keep moving forward but check a slightly wider stretch of land, there are often points where claims stop overlapping just a tiny amount and if you aren't moving the flag side to side you wont find it (imagine the action of a metal detector).

When you do find a spot you can contest, place it down, locate the flag, check the timer on it, small companies claims are ~4hrs, large companies claims are ~30-45mins, companies with a negative flag count only have a 15 minute contest timer.

If the flag says contested, ping the flag, check for where the enemy combatants are, if none are shown when you ping the flag then it is most likely your flag placement is also contesting another overlapping flag which the enemy is sleeping in (sea or land claim). Check the outer limits of the flag which is contestible on the opposite side to where you just placed your flag.. you may find a spot where the land being slept on does not overlap the land you want to claim.

-Darksea Dawgs Chief Surveyor

Edited by MisterMyztik

Flag start at 14400 and count down. this is 4 hours which was the original time for immunity. Later they reset Immunity to 72 hours but the flag still started at 14400 but now it counted down to -244800. then recently they added code that reduced this time based on how many claims the company has. But it still counts down from 14400 instead of whatever the total time for immunity actually is. so now we get to guess what the actual immunity is. 

When the player is in his territory Immunity is effectively forever. When a player is logged on the immunity extends to all territory on that server. When the player leaves the server or logs off the countdown begins.. If the player logs back on before the timer expires the timer resets to 14400. 

Also the timers current count down is sent to you when you enter the server or log in. and begin counting down even if the player is online and in their territory. this is because the territory flags are not updated in real time. when you see a count down timer you are seeing an estimate. you need to log out and back in or leave and return to a server to have the timers updated. you will also notice this when you make a claim. the claim will not update until either you logoff then back on, you leave and return to the server, or an periodic update is sent out by the server. I think (not sure here) it is sent out about once an hour.

Edited out some parts no longer relevant

The immunity only applies to the range of the render distance of the company member. There also appears to be a way that someone unrelated to the claim can proc the upkeep, i've been griefed several times by randoms reactivating the upkeep of a third party company's flag whilst resetting the claim time on the flag i was contesting back to 3:59 minutes. 

The most unfortunate part of the system is that someone uninterested in the defender or the aggressor will impact on the timer, i've had several people not allied with the claim I am contesting, move into the claim i am making and go to sleep which has the effect of fully resetting the timer and there is zero which can be done about this on the PvE server.

There is ABSOLUTELY land to claim and if you understand the system its not hard to do. 

The main thing to focus on if you're new to the claiming system is how many flags your enemy has. You want to focus on negative flag counts as that results in a 15 minute declaim timer. Otherwise you will need to spend 3:59 minutes contesting someone with 0-11 flags and it scales down from there.

As an aside, if they are at 0 flags and you DO contest it successfully over the 3 hours 59 minutes the next flag of theirs you want to contest will only take 15 minutes as their flag count will now be negative.

If anyone needs help with details (its a very confusing system) MisterMyztik#1427

Edited by MisterMyztik

35 minutes ago, MisterMyztik said:

Sky, what you are saying is generally correct but the times are a little off. The upkeep timer starts at 17,500 positive.

It counts down through 0 and then goes to anywhere from -150,000 (total 46 hours 30 mins) to somewhere around -170,000 (total 52 hours ish)

The immunity only applies to the range of the render distance of the company member. There also appears to be a way that someone unrelated to the claim can proc the upkeep, i've been griefed several times by randoms reactivating the upkeep of a third party company's flag whilst resetting the claim time on the flag i was contesting back to 3:59 minutes. 

The most unfortunate part of the system is that someone uninterested in the defender or the aggressor will impact on the timer, i've had several people not allied with the claim I am contesting, move into the claim i am making and go to sleep which has the effect of fully resetting the timer and there is zero which can be done about this on the PvE server.

There is ABSOLUTELY land to claim and if you understand the system its not hard to do. 

The main thing to focus on if you're new to the claiming system is how many flags your enemy has. You want to focus on negative flag counts as that results in a 15 minute declaim timer. Otherwise you will need to spend 3:59 minutes contesting someone with 0-11 flags and it scales down from there.

As an aside, if they are at 0 flags and you DO contest it successfully over the 3 hours 59 minutes the next flag of theirs you want to contest will only take 15 minutes as their flag count will now be negative.

If anyone needs help with details (its a very confusing system) MisterMyztik#1427

your right, 4.5 hours not 4 hours. my bad, thanks for the correction.

The most basic explanation of the claim system I can give is that you should find yourself some nice land in lawless.   They tend to be good people.  You can usually find enough for a base.

The claim system is utter madness in pve.  It needs to be redone. 

Hi 

My Company managed to steal a lot of claims in PVE Eu we looking for Nice neighbours in grid A12.

pm me if you are intresten.

I have been trying to claim a flag for 8 Hrs now they have multiple flags and no one is on or contesting my flag besides me This is my only claim i been trying to get so do i really have to set on here for fucking hours just to claim a land so i can build a boat to leave

the key is:  if there is someone sleep there. no point to claim because its unclaimable.

Edited by VAZGHOUL

also if ANYONE enters the area you are contesting and you are not there then the attempt fails. if you are there then you get the joy of watching your hard earned time get removed as the contested flag starts heading back up to the top of the pole. i watched 3 hours of time get reset because some came by to chat with me. i watched the flag climb the pole. it took 30 seconds to unwind 3 hours.

3 hours ago, Skyroguen said:

also if ANYONE enters the area you are contesting and you are not there then the attempt fails. if you are there then you get the joy of watching your hard earned time get removed as the contested flag starts heading back up to the top of the pole. i watched 3 hours of time get reset because some came by to chat with me. i watched the flag climb the pole. it took 30 seconds to unwind 3 hours.

This is no longer the case.

The Re-claiming occurs at the same rate as the de-claiming. Although the re-claimer is able to sleep and the de-claimer cannot leave the region.

Even worse, if the timer has gone from 3:59 mins all the way down to say 15 mins.. and you die and cant get back quickly a third party can just come by and cancel your flag and drop their own so .. try to stay alive.

So can you go over why THIS:

is a thing? Pretty much we found this land and we were able to claim two flag's worth of land. This other company beside it saw what we were doing and allowed it. Only to than come over and foundation spam the land to no end. They apparently couldn't do this with the flag that was there before us. This has left us with 2 land claims but we can only use the small bit of land that is around the shack that was there to start with.

So we have land that we can do nothing at all with.