Sign in to follow this  
archaegeo

22 more months of changes .... maybe some folks need to wait for a while....

Seriously,

Every change that comes along is "This change is going to kill the game, its trash and makes it unplayable!"

If the recipe for stone walls had been what it is now from the start, no one would be saying a thing about it.  Same for their defensive nature. 

This is called balancing, it will happen a lot more in the next 22 months.  Some things will get reverted, some will get changed multiple times, others will not.

22 more months of changes, happening frequently, changing how you play the game.

If you cant handle the fact your world will not work the same tomorrow as it does today, stop playing.

Dont rage against a change, provide feedback sure, but quantitative feedback with numbers and reasoning, not "This sucks, remove it or i quit"

You signed up for a game in development, not a finished product.

If you cant handle being part of the development, give it a break till its closed to release or released.

• Like 1

There will be plenty of testers between now and then.

And lets face it, when we had the super high numbers its because so many folks though they were getting a finished game, not a game that was going to change weekly or daily on them.

When they release, a large number will come back to give it another try, just like with DayZ.

As for me, I enjoy the ride and helping develop the product, if changes get to be too much, i take a step back for a while.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Seriously,

Every change that comes along is "This change is going to kill the game, its trash and makes it unplayable!"

If the recipe for stone walls had been what it is now from the start, no one would be saying a thing about it.  Same for their defensive nature. 

This is called balancing, it will happen a lot more in the next 22 months.  Some things will get reverted, some will get changed multiple times, others will not.

22 more months of changes, happening frequently, changing how you play the game.

If you cant handle the fact your world will not work the same tomorrow as it does today, stop playing.

Dont rage against a change, provide feedback sure, but quantitative feedback with numbers and reasoning, not "This sucks, remove it or i quit"

You signed up for a game in development, not a finished product.

If you cant handle being part of the development, give it a break till its closed to release or released.

I totally get what you are saying and what you are trying to do. But I would like to ask if you think people will stop complaining because of this post?

i think some people actually think it will. Still, I totally get why you are doing it and I am in no way telling you not to, it just seems that people are complaining for a reason, and these posts are really just telling people they shouldn’t do it.

one kind of post is expressive while the other is suppressive. I tend to favor the expressive posts

Expressive is only good if its constructive.

This sucks, its killing the game, I quit, is expressive, but it helps absolutely noone.

A post about:

It takes me X min to make 10 stone foundations and Y cannonballs to go through 1 stone foundation, compared to Z min to make 10 wood foundations and W cannonballs to go through it.

That would be an expressive post, with numbers to support any reason to remove or alter the change.

It's not that people are complaining because they don't understand what EA means or that they are basically "testers".

It's that testers are supposed to provide feedback and the developers are supposed to listen and make changes accordingly. So what happens?

People complain that rhinos don't have weight reduction like elephants. The devs remove weight reduction for elephands (thanks god they've changed it back actually).

People complain about the game being too hard for small groups. They add a debuff that is only removed after you complete a piece of content that should've been impossible for small groups but thankfully it turns out you can cheese through it by utilizing lag and corpse run tactic.

People complain about being offline raided. The devs release an update that makes offline raiding and raiding in general even easier, and protecting your stuff even harder. Many people loose everything they worked for in game the day after patch.

People ask for guns to be buffed, the devs nerf them.

There were good fixes actually based on player feedback of course, but that list of WTF changes doesn't look good at all.

9 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

Expressive is only good if its constructive.

This sucks, its killing the game, I quit, is expressive, but it helps absolutely noone.

A post about:

It takes me X min to make 10 stone foundations and Y cannonballs to go through 1 stone foundation, compared to Z min to make 10 wood foundations and W cannonballs to go through it.

That would be an expressive post, with numbers to support any reason to remove or alter the change.

Simply saying you don’t like it and it should be changed is just fine. Most people are going to bother wasting their time trying to figure out solutions that the devs themselves should be thinking of. They already get free testing from us, I guess now they should get free QA 

Well they really do need a lot of help, I will give you that. 

15 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

It's not that people are complaining because they don't understand what EA means or that they are basically "testers".

It's that testers are supposed to provide feedback and the developers are supposed to listen and make changes accordingly. So what happens?

People complain that rhinos don't have weight reduction like elephants. The devs remove weight reduction for elephands (thanks god they've changed it back actually).

People complain about the game being too hard for small groups. They add a debuff that is only removed after you complete a piece of content that should've been impossible for small groups but thankfully it turns out you can cheese through it by utilizing lag and corpse run tactic.

People complain about being offline raided. The devs release an update that makes offline raiding and raiding in general even easier, and protecting your stuff even harder. Many people loose everything they worked for in game the day after patch.

People ask for guns to be buffed, the devs nerf them.

There were good fixes actually based on player feedback of course, but that list of WTF changes doesn't look good at all.

Just because people provide feedback doesnt mean the devs will implement it if its not part of their vision or if they dont think its balanced.

Yet as soon as someones feedback isnt accepted, they stop giving feedback and rage at the devs.  Thats not being a good tester

Just now, archaegeo said:

Yet as soon as someones feedback isnt accepted, they stop giving feedback and rage at the devs.  Thats not being a good tester

It's not about feedback not being accepted, it's about doing the exactly the opposite to what players suggest. That's dumb no matter what your "vision" is.