Sign in to follow this  
darcek

Food and Drink question

Some of the food and drink I see have one large arrow with one kind of vitamin,or theres an up and down arrows.

Whats the difference between these?

food.jpg

The large arrows increase the vitamin the corresponds with the colour, however the up and down arrows will raise or lower your vital level to 50. Sometimes you will need to eat but your vitamins are too high and you'll end up killing yourself. These foods will level them out and help you remain in the appropriate levels for equilibrium.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Rykuran said:

... the up and down arrows will raise or lower your vital level to 50...

Wait really? How did I miss this? Brb...

17 minutes ago, Rykuran said:

... the up and down arrows will raise or lower your vital level to 50. ...

To 50, or towards 50?  I assumed it was towards 50, so have not paid much attention to them. I'd be happy to learn I'm wrong 😄

Cool, this changes my perspective a little. But its not perfect. It would be nice to see the actual stats in the tooltip because similar to how some veggies provide more A than others these double arrows like Roberts Rum don't level out both B and C equally.

Edited by Nari

The food will raise or lower to your vitamins to 50. Keeping them in the middle. While each food will not do it completely, you can eat more, so long as you're not full, to try to get your vitamin levels as even as possible.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:40 AM, Rykuran said:

The large arrows increase the vitamin the corresponds with the colour, however the up and down arrows will raise or lower your vital level to 50. Sometimes you will need to eat but your vitamins are too high and you'll end up killing yourself. These foods will level them out and help you remain in the appropriate levels for equilibrium.

Unless this is new to the last patch at the latest, utter lie. I've spend some time making a bunch of foods.

All foods only add vitA right now in varying degrees.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Good to know but imo it’s silly that you can die from a vitamin surplus. Irl this isn’t a thing afaik.

Actually you can die of a Vitamin A overdose. Since Vit A is fat soluble, it is possible to accumulate a toxic amount in your body which can lead to death. The condition is known as Hypervitaminosis A. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gadefence said:

Unless this is new to the last patch at the latest, utter lie. I've spend some time making a bunch of foods.

You should probably take some time to learn how the system works before blatantly calling out someone as a liar. The system genuinely works this way. Consuming single or multi-vitamin foods with the up and down arrows will indeed attempt to level out your vitamins to or within as close as possible to 50.

2 hours ago, Rykuran said:

You should probably take some time to learn how the system works before blatantly calling out someone as a liar. The system genuinely works this way. Consuming single or multi-vitamin foods with the up and down arrows will indeed attempt to level out your vitamins to or within as close as possible to 50.

I was more calling people out because food, no matter what it lists, tends to only add vitamin A. I last tried to make food V15, so unless this is a very new and unlisted change...

Just now, gadefence said:

I was more calling people out because food, no matter what it lists, tends to only add vitamin A. I last tried to make food V15, so unless this is a very new and unlisted change...

It's not a new or unlisted change. This is how it has worked since launch. In order for the vitamins to drop you need to already have consumed an excess of them causing it to rise above 50.

1 minute ago, Rykuran said:

It's not a new or unlisted change. This is how it has worked since launch. In order for the vitamins to drop you need to already have consumed an excess of them causing it to rise above 50.

Rolling quite a few 1s at literacy.

Only vitaminA is changed no matter what prepared meal you eat.

Edited by gadefence

9 hours ago, gadefence said:

Then you need to do more testing stat. And double down on those tests because your results are shocking! 😮

Edited by Nari

12 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Good to know but imo it’s silly that you can die from a vitamin surplus. Irl this isn’t a thing afaik.

100% is a very real thing.

Kids OD on vitamin gummies (and even dumb adults).