Sign in to follow this  
Kidori

Removing ships on your territory

I have a plot of land claimed along with the water out in front of it. A week ago someone sailed a sloop in and parked it right in the middle of our ship parking area. He then logged off (he's asleep on his ship) and hasn't been back on in a week.

I'm wondering how I can remove his ship. I can't claim his ship because it says I have to be standing on the ship I want to claim, but when getting on his ship it just has me floating above it and tells me my feet must be on the ground to place my claim flag. The ladder isn't down so I can't try to sink it, and the ship has barely decayed at all so waiting for it to sink by itself doesn't seem like much of an option.

So... How are PvE players supposed to deal with this issue?

• Thanks 1

If they ever solve this I hope you can´t instantly just remove/delete ships in your claim. We also got several ships spammed on our beach because we are close to a freeport. Would suck to sail, park, go offline and someone decides to remove your ship from his claim. This would need a clever solution like "if you are anchored for 14d in someone elses claim he can claim your ship" or something like this.

Really don´t know how they want to solve it. I guess for now you have to live with this 

I would hope the same, that people wouldn't be able to instantly claim or sink your ship as soon as you're in their claim. However, I think a good middle ground would be giving ships the same decay rate as a Freeport when anchored in an enemy claim. Your ship would last more than long enough in someone else's claim to be able to go and do some maps or farming on a different island, but not long enough to become a never-ending issue for the claim owner. Then keep the decay rates in Lawless regions as they are so those without their own claims have a place to anchor for the night/week.

12 hours ago, Kidori said:

I'm wondering how I can remove his ship. I can't claim his ship because it says I have to be standing on the ship I want to claim, but when getting on his ship it just has me floating above it and tells me my feet must be on the ground to place my claim flag. The ladder isn't down so I can't try to sink it, and the ship has barely decayed at all so waiting for it to sink by itself doesn't seem like much of an option.

Any chance you can pull ship alongside him and place flag while on your rail on his ship??

Just tried that, unfortunately it didn't work. Still says I have to be standing on the ship I'm trying to claim.

Our bank taxes and takes gold somehow. I think if there is gold on the ship? 

We have this problem and, also someone built a lighthouse within our flag radius, somehow overlapped our flags radius, and we don't give permissions to build and, our flag was placed first. We CAN "Demolish", but it never happens, the lighthouse sits in our way. I don't mind at all any of these as long as we could get better control or some better compensations. 

I hope someone sees this and works something out, you're right some sort of fix or compromise is in order.

I've read you can still overload yourself and use a grappling hook to weight bomb ships still...

Not that I condone griefing, but if they're clearly afk that might work. 

Either that, or you can kite a SotD and have a swimmer aggro it and hide on the other side of the ship.  They'll hit the ship trying to shoot the swimmer. 

You cant whistle others ladders down. 

Edited by Arlie

7 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Go by his boat whistle the ladder down and overweight it

As far as i know you can't do this, whistling my own ladder doesn't work nevermind anyone else.

7 hours ago, MindOfMadness said:

Go by his boat whistle the ladder down and overweight it

Just an FYI for everyone.. They have confirmed that overwintering on PVE is not meant to happen just cause you can still do it doesn't mean that its allowed.

Common scene says that they just patched this still doing it would be considered Exploiting/Griefing. 

Yeah, we've got a raft in our port, right on the departure route from one of our pier (showing by green arrow). So this raft just canceled our pier.

iksZX5V.jpg

Guy just came to TUNDRA totally unprepared, without any warm clothes, and in a RAFT WITHOUT a BED! So he just didn't make it to the shore. Died. And never came back. We did clear the shore before. It's PVE server, lawless, and somehow we were able to claim and then scuttle abandoned rafts.

Right now... well... we unable to jump on it, because we start to float over it for eternity. We try to build some foundation around and capture it from the floor but we don't have any menus. Not a decay timer, not anything. Just a raft and that's it.

Currently there is NOTHING that can be done about anchored ships.    They are there forever, even if the person was not on it.   IF not anchored you can push to see with another ship and sooner or later weather or SoD will sink it.  While I don't want people not to be able to anchor on claimed land they has to be some way of dealing with effectively abandoned ships in game on claimed land.   Griefing with ships and rafts is far to easy,  often with rafts, you get them stuck and cannot move them, and instead of skuttling them, they just recall to freeport and make another.

I do not condone griefing or purposely sinking others ships. However I did try to sink a sloop that has been parked in our cover for over 3 weeks now a couple days ago and I couldn’t get it to lose health while overweighted so I just gave up and decided to continue to deal with it. I have seen much larger ships that people just pull up in peoples areas anchor them and abandon them though too. Luckily the sloop in my cove is off to the side.

they are going to have to do something about all the random garbage ships in the area though. Rafts and sloops abandoned all over. I think you can claim the rafts somehow but the sloops just sit there for eternity.

4 hours ago, AtlasRyan said:

I do not condone griefing or purposely sinking others ships. However I did try to sink a sloop that has been parked in our cover for over 3 weeks now a couple days ago and I couldn’t get it to lose health while overweighted so I just gave up and decided to continue to deal with it. I have seen much larger ships that people just pull up in peoples areas anchor them and abandon them though too. Luckily the sloop in my cove is off to the side.

they are going to have to do something about all the random garbage ships in the area though. Rafts and sloops abandoned all over. I think you can claim the rafts somehow but the sloops just sit there for eternity.

Had the same trouble the other day, sloops are everywhere because they are easy to get from free port, pre made ships are becoming a nightmare. One was sitting at ours that was in the way, been there for weeks kept hoping someone would just move it but nope. Managed to sink it in the end not that I like to do that sort of thing but it's the only way to get rid of the crap that sits around your shipyard.

If the ladder is down on the back, it's sinkable, if it's not you are stuck with it for a very long time until they sort the mess out in game. Eventually some sort of server wipe will be needed, it's starting to get to the point where it's to clustered. I don't want a server wipe but I understand why it's needed. 

How did you sink it with the ladders down ? Thought they fixed all that, I’ve been leaving my ladders down because I thought they had fixed sinking of someone’s ships

39 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

How did you sink it with the ladders down ? Thought they fixed all that, I’ve been leaving my ladders down because I thought they had fixed sinking of someone’s ships

They fixed it by preventing people from standing on the deck while anchored. They can still climb the ladder and the weight is added to the ship. 

6 hours ago, Daemon Cross said:

Well you better pull those ladders up and fast. :classic_wink: It's sinkable because weight still registers when you are attached to the ladder, you don't have to be standing on top. They have have stopped you getting on other peoples ships but not the ladders. I really hope they fix it, it needs fixing ASAP, it spoils the game for genuine people. 

Thanks for the input, I didn't know that would count against it, next they will have to implement a patch that doesn't allow people to access or climb other players ladders.. Go figure, thought that would have been covered when they fixed it to where you couldn't stand on someone else's ship.

Maybe just make it so people parking in your claim area * have to pay a fee to stay there. Or anchors cannot be lowered if in other persons land.

Edited by Tere
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tere said:

Maybe just make it so people parking in your claim area * have to pay a fee to stay there. Or anchors cannot be lowered if in other persons land.

I agree with the idea of charging a fee to anchor in your territory, but not with not being able to anchor at all in someone else's territory. My company has built a port for others to anchor safely in.

decay on ships should be a thing. after a week or two of inactivity the ships should go into a rapid decay.  Fee's will not help when you just need them to be moved as they can block further building or progression. They might have a chest full of gold that will allow them to stay there for who knows how long. I have a guy that parked his ship two weeks ago where i want to build my pier with shipyard. His ship has taken no further damage/decay since he parked it there.  he has not logged back on and is sleeping on his ship. At this point it should take decay from inactivity and problem solved.

I understand this is not the solution to people actively and purposely blocking others. I have no idea on how that can be handled.  Maybe a combination of fee's / inactive decay would work   

Put rapid decay on non allied ships in claims with a 24 hour window so if your harvesting exploringyou can not be in a rush.  But you make it like Freeport people gonna get the f out quickly. And while I mention Freeport decay rates pls post for new players like a territory message and give us say an hour from entering in or making a new ship before decay rate starts? It would help traveling thru to get crew you gotz take be quick currently