Jump to content

strawman

Something has happened at Grapeshot

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, pygmy said:

They will have criticism becuase they choose the path of early access. some games do not even walk this path. There are pros and cons of every method you choose but with early access one of the biggest cons is that people have the chance to play a game which is not yet finish and throw thier judgement hammer, in this case they can lose a huge portion of thier playerbase by doing this wrong. That´s what they bet when choosing this path however if they need financial support and doing the EA access its one of the pro´s. 

So they have alot at stake by doing EA, and this is the product of it. So you can´t say that people who lay off this game that they are wrong. It´s all grapeshots mistake of choosing this method to try out thier game.

 

I agree and disagree, the devs know what they're getting into and expect and should expect to get blasted with criticism, but at the same time players need to understand what they're buying into and expect, and it seems, based on this forum, not many people do. I've said it before criticism is needed, but when people are screaming and yelling that the devs are F-ing stupid or don't know what they're doing and they don't listen and hold this ridiculous high expectations, that's on them imho. 

They've made some questionable mistakes, i agree, but as the same time i expected it, as i knew what i was buying into. tbh I got more than what i expected, basing on my past experience with EA games, i never expect them to be actively patching so early on into the games life , they're not perfect , but they're actually doing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cant handle glitches and bumps in the road dont play an EARLY ACSESS game.

 

You forgot to read the blue box on the steam page that CLEARLY describes that not only are these problems and changes likely to happen but are EXPECTED during the EA period.

 

Nope OP, I think you just hit that purchase button and expected the game to rock out from the gate. Dont worry, your not the only one to do that so dont feel to alone man.

 

Look....just delete the game and dont reinstall until you see the full release date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to help out with the Numbers: atm playing 20.623 ppl.

Your 181 agreers make 0.88% .

A Sample must be representative. It's not.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Apokh said:

Just to help out with the Numbers: atm playing 20.623 ppl.

Your 181 agreers make 0.88% .

A Sample must be representative. It's not.

That's fair to say. However, based on the evidence available to us the majority of people hate the change. There are very few people in the discord who say they like it. The only poll we have is pretty clear. The subreddit isnt full of joy and happiness about the stone change. Across every platform related to this game there is almost nothing but disappointment at this patch. When you look at all of the information available I would say it's a pretty safe bet that most people hate the change. 

 

Also. This is what early access is for. Plenty of people want to be like oh its early access suck it up! Isnt it our responsibility to give feedback about the things we do and don't like? I would argue that if the developers and the minority of players who like the stone change can't handle the criticism maybe it shouldn't have been allowed to go into early access in the first place. 

The community shouldn't be trying to silence feedback from the community. That's counter productive to the entire process of early access. 

Edited by Agent53
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple additional observations on my original point about Grapeshot probably having done layoffs last week...

There are only ever 6 names in the Grapeshot category on Discord anymore: Amberenix, Baker, DebbySaurus, Dollie, Evza and Jat. There were at least 9 or 10 at launch.

And have a look at today's patch notes. That's a major version...? Compare to something like 10.43 from a couple weeks ago, there's a fraction as many fixes and changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As with a lot of conspiracy theories, you're over thinking things wayyyyy too much. The idea that they've already pulled the plug is just tin foil hat nonsense. I don't have much nice to say about the devs but nothing you've put forward here is any sort of evidence that they're packing it in or that "major" layoffs have occurred (its a tiny team to begin with, can't really have major layoffs). 

The reality is, the devs just aren't that good at what they do. They don't test their releases properly, don't address game breaking issues in a timely manner unless its impacting streamers and don't properly consider the ramifications of changes they make on the entire player base. Its really that simple and we saw much the game thing with Ark. The reason it SEEMS like their work is worse lately is because they've shifted from putting out the fires at launch to actually working on the balance of the game and adding content... and they've made changes people really haven't liked and introduced a few pretty awful bugs. Again its not a sign that the team has been decimated or anything, just a reminder that these guys also made Ark. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

As with a lot of conspiracy theories, you're over thinking things wayyyyy too much. The idea that they've already pulled the plug is just tin foil hat nonsense. I don't have much nice to say about the devs but nothing you've put forward here is any sort of evidence that they're packing it in or that "major" layoffs have occurred (its a tiny team to begin with, can't really have major layoffs). 

The reality is, the devs just aren't that good at what they do. They don't test their releases properly, don't address game breaking issues in a timely manner unless its impacting streamers and don't properly consider the ramifications of changes they make on the entire player base. Its really that simple and we saw much the game thing with Ark. The reason it SEEMS like their work is worse lately is because they've shifted from putting out the fires at launch to actually working on the balance of the game and adding content... and they've made changes people really haven't liked and introduced a few pretty awful bugs. Again its not a sign that the team has been decimated or anything, just a reminder that these guys also made Ark. 
 

I don't know when speculation about things that happen behind closed doors became "conspiracy theories" and "tin foil hat nonsense". It's not just you, all over the society people are refusing to think critically about things that happen in secret and trying to discredit anyone who does.

You're right that the devs are pretty bad at their jobs, but at the same time, corporate layoffs after an astonishingly bad product launch aren't exactly aliens-on-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-tier. At a studio this small, three or four layoffs would absolutely count as "major" and have a substantial effect on the other employees and the company's output.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, strawman said:

I don't know when speculation about things that happen behind closed doors became "conspiracy theories"

You're right that the devs are pretty bad at their jobs, but at the same time, corporate layoffs after an astonishingly bad product launch aren't exactly aliens-on-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-tier.

It's not black and white really. Similar to autism its a spectrum. If you have reason to believe that a group or individual is conspiring then you are theorizing about conspiracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Agent53 said:

That's fair to say. However, based on the evidence available to us the majority of people hate the change. There are very few people in the discord who say they like it. The only poll we have is pretty clear. The subreddit isnt full of joy and happiness about the stone change. Across every platform related to this game there is almost nothing but disappointment at this patch. When you look at all of the information available I would say it's a pretty safe bet that most people hate the change. 

 

Also. This is what early access is for. Plenty of people want to be like oh its early access suck it up! Isnt it our responsibility to give feedback about the things we do and don't like? I would argue that if the developers and the minority of players who like the stone change can't handle the criticism maybe it shouldn't have been allowed to go into early access in the first place. 

The community shouldn't be trying to silence feedback from the community. That's counter productive to the entire process of early access. 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×