Jump to content

strawman

Something has happened at Grapeshot

Recommended Posts

Is there a special class you can attend to come up with these theories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nari said:

So we're doing tin foil conspiracies now k.

Yeah, we were alerted by Mel Gibson, who saw this coming by a hidden message in a newspaper... XD

So much to fix and devs start "fixing" the things that were not broken.....super cool....next step, thatch walls and raft will need x2 gems and x2 oil to build....just because who would not want a raft with jewels in the pole and an oiled wood floor finishing touch so that our feet are not harmed by splinters? .....ahaha (face palm) -.-

Edited by JanuzDarkwater
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JanuzDarkwater said:

....next step, thatch walls and raft will need x2 gems and x2 oil to build...

Sure it will 🙄

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JanuzDarkwater said:

Yeah, we were alerted by Mel Gibson, who saw this coming by a hidden message in a newspaper... XD

So much to fix and devs start "fixing" the things that were not broken.....super cool....next step, thatch walls and raft will need x2 gems and x2 oil to build....just because who would not want a raft with jewels in the pole and an oiled wood floor finishing touch so that our feet are not harmed by splinters? .....ahaha (face palm) -.-

You know that actually sounds kind of nice as a real life raft not a crafting exercise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Senkoau said:

You know that actually sounds kind of nice as a real life raft not a crafting exercise.

Yeah, what devs can do is add several item quality "looks" so depending which resourses you put in when you build, it will be the result for example :

* stone, fiber and thatch = regular looking stone wall

* stone, fiber, thatch and wood = stone wall with wood ornaments

* stone, fiber, thatch, wood and metal = stone wall with wood ornaments and metal frame

etc etc....adding gems even for garments on the metal frame....

All this purely visual or maybe adding more stats or buffs "IF" player wants to put more mats on it.....and NOT by obligation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im loving the game.  Find a good private server with good admins and the game is a blast.

Ill wait on trying Official PvP again till they are more where they want to be balance wise and a wipe happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lb9591 said:

You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar lol. 

 

And if the devs would actually play this game themselves they'd quickly discover just how tedious and frustrating it is to sail for 4 hours over the monotonous dreary ocean just to find the right island that has the HONEY you speak of. You are right, the devs should build the game the way that they feel is right and their faithful fans and targeted player base be damned! It is obviously a good marketing decision, as you can see by their ratings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vaylain, 

I think doing that is awesome, cause then i know where honey is (which you dont need anymore for bears).  And then i can trade it to others without telling them where i got it from.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lb9591 said:

Ever crossed your minds that just because you’re loud doesn’t mean you make up the majority? Plenty of people like the recent changes, just because we don’t yell, scream, throw tantrums and insult the devs doesn’t mean we don’t have an opinion. Final note, calling names and acting like a child doesn’t go far in getting people to listen to you. You get more bees with honey than you do with vinegar lol. 

Not in this industry really. Assassins creed had to change their dlc ending because of the loud people. 

Honey and vinegar don’t apply here. The phrase that is more likely in this situation is the swearing wheel gets the oil. 

This company has a lot to make up for from ark so I wouldn’t expect the anger to die down especially if they start seeing ark like behavior

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ban Tier said:

Well I totally agree with the OP. We have had some really "bad" design decisions lately.

Unless Grapeshot really wants to cater offline griefing and mega-companies.

The only problem I see with catering these two groups, how do the devs think, their future business modell will be ? Do they really think, a big cluster full of mega-companies and offline raiders will motivate ppl to buy the game or a future DLC ? Do they really hope, that ppl will setup private serverclusters large enough to attract a lot of new costumers ?

Yeah they are very mega friendly. So was ark and it was actually a success. Having said that, this game is no where close to ark and this bad of a start will continue to follow it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Realist said:

This company has a lot to make up for from ark

No they don't. It might not have been smooth sailing and there are certainly internal mistakes they probably want to avoid but they have nothing to make up for. They don't owe anything. The game is complete, polished, expanded with DLC, and is still being worked on to this day.

Edited by Nari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JC67 said:

Well i like the game and i believe in it. It's EA and under development and personally i feel there is to much hate. I even go so far to say its the most interesting and comprehensive survival game i seen in a long time.

They should not hide behind the Early access excuse anymore since the audience and playerbase are starting to call the bluffs. Honestly and this is only my opinion but i do bet it is shared by many others. They need a new system for Early access to hide behind it and make every fault an EArly Access fault. My solution to this is either you charge nothing during the Early access period or a rather small amount for people to test it, and if you have an early access game maybe you should listen more to your audience since we are all in this case test-animals in a factory. by observing our attitude towards many flaws and fix them would be of much higher priority in this stage of a game, and when full release you can tell audience to fuck off with thier construtive criticism. But for now they are failing, like early access as a method.

 

 

Edited by pygmy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nari said:

No they don't. It might not have been smooth sailing and there are certainly internal mistakes they probably want to avoid but they have nothing to make up for. They don't owe anything. The game is complete, polished, expanded with DLC, and is still being worked on to this day.

Yeah they do 😂 that is why jeremy said they have learned from their mistakes. That statement right there says it all. 

Now people are waiting to see if they really have learned. If someone says they have learned from their mistakes they have something to make up for period. They are even saying they have stuff to make up for.

doesnt matter what you say, I heard jeremy say it, so I am waiting to see if they actually make up for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Realist said:

Yeah they do 😂 that is why jeremy said they have learned from their mistakes. That statement right there says it all. 

So they have to make up for what exactly? There's a difference between learning and growing and owing a gratitude, service, or even money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nari said:

So they have to make up for what exactly? There's a difference between learning and growing and owing a gratitude, service, or even money.

Yep, and by learning and doing the opposite of what they did before will definitely make up for it. Let’s see if that happens

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yep, and by learning and doing the opposite of what they did before will definitely make up for it. Let’s see if that happens

Other than your delusional interpretation of what ARK was "supposed to be" you still haven't made it clear what you feel they did wrong and have to "make up for." If you're trying to say they made mistakes making their first game, you are right, and if you hope that they learned from said mistakes then just say that. This is a written forum and every other post with you is incoherent.

Edited by Nari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nari said:

Other than your delusional interpretation of what ARK was "supposed to be" you still haven't made it clear what you feel they did wrong and have to "make up for." If you're trying to say they made mistakes making their first game, you are right, and if you hope that they learned from said mistakes then just say that. This is a written forum and every other post with you is incoherent.

I didn’t feel the need to say I hope they learn from their mistakes. They said they did so I am expecting it, not hoping for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.... the Elephant Weight debacle clearly Shows they listened fast and in a fery good way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I have 3 words for ya that sums up the failure..

DARK

AND 

LIGHT! 

I tried dark and light in the past,you compare this trash to atlas? whatever.. 😲

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would disagree, it's not the patches are getting worse, it tends to be one thing out of the entire patch note that people dislike, example with the elephant thing, the patch had 20+ notes in it, but people only cared about the one thing on it, same with the stone stuff (not saying it's fine, i think it was a stupid mistake too)

Go look at v15.61 look how much is on there and the one thing people have focused on.

So again the patches aren't getting worse it's one thing out of the entire patch people pick up on and this tends to be a case with every other 2 patches they do something wrong.

imho it's over reacting, , not saying the points are invailed, it's just that we're just a month in on a two year development plan and people are expecting perfect patches right out the gate and instant fixes or responses, they are going to get it wrong weather you see it as a god or bad thing, that's the point of this process when you're trying something different. For me it's mind boggling because when they do fix something when the community ask for it, again the elephant weight and the bans, it's ignored and people later say they never listen.

Just my thoughts, can call me a fanboy or what have you, don't really care, but this is the reality of EA, if we get to 6 months in and patches as a whole are getting worse, i will happily agree, but at this point i can't.

Edited by Herasea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darcek said:

I tried dark and light in the past,you compare this trash to atlas? whatever.. 😲

Dark and Light is great example to point to they are just doing it for the wrong reasons. That game had fundamental flaws compounded by poor public relations. Not every game makes a profit and a single flop can sink a company. Notice how this is now Grapeshot? It has nothing to do with copy/pasta scam & cash grab. Its logistics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Herasea said:

i would disagree, it's not the patches are getting worse, it tends to be one thing out of the entire patch note that people dislike, example with the elephant thing, the patch had 20+ notes in it, but people only cared about the one thing on it, same with the stone stuff (not saying it's fine, i think it was a stupid mistake too)

Go look at v15.61 look how much is on there and the one thing people have focused on.

So again the patches aren't getting worse it's one thing out of the entire patch people pick up on and this tends to be a case with every other 2 patches they do something wrong.

imho it's over reacting, , not saying the points are invailed, it's just that we're just a month in on a two year development plan and people are expecting perfect patches right out the gate and instant fixes or responses, they are going to get it wrong weather you see it as a god or bad thing, that's the point of this process when you're trying something different. For me it's mind boggling because when they do fix something when the community ask for it, again the elephant weight and the bans, it's ignored and people later say they never listen.

Just my thoughts, can call me a fanboy or what have you, don't really care, but this is the reality of EA, if we get to 6 months in and patches as a whole are getting worse, i will happily agree, but at this point i can't.

They will have criticism becuase they choose the path of early access. some games do not even walk this path. There are pros and cons of every method you choose but with early access one of the biggest cons is that people have the chance to play a game which is not yet finish and throw thier judgement hammer, in this case they can lose a huge portion of thier playerbase by doing this wrong. That´s what they bet when choosing this path however if they need financial support and doing the EA access its one of the pro´s. 

So they have alot at stake by doing EA, and this is the product of it. So you can´t say that people who lay off this game that they are wrong. It´s all grapeshots mistake of choosing this method to try out thier game.

 

Edited by pygmy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×