Dollie

Character Loss (forced to create a new character) Issue

I guess we just don't get answers in this game. Tickets get closed without resolve. No one seems to actually be researching issues.

• Confused 1

I tried to reconnect and when I wanted to join the server the server wanted me to create a new character even though my players can still see my character ingame.

for me i was on J11 but now it says im on F4

Edited by Zyrano

Lost my character after a death in G3 on EU PVP while doing the powerstone. Respawned on a bed and it went on CD, but I didn't respawn. After that my client froze and when i rejoined the only option i had was to create a new pathfinder. This happened 14 february 2019.

Tried the following:

- Restart Atlas

- Restart Steam

- Join other servers

- Validate gamefiles

Nothing worked and I guess my character is gone for good. Lost my levels, powerstones, discoverypoints, map-reveal and FoY buffs.

Got an automated response on my ticket: 873ce733fa4fc5957fd5ea86730fb3a8.png

Hello, yesterday I lost my character. The game a few patches back gives me problems and I'm frozen for lack of ram memory of my pc on large bases. The fact is that in one of those blocks I erase my character. I gave it for lost but in the list de miembro of my alliance leaves the character despite creating another. Is it possible to recover it?

The coordenas and the server I can not confirm that it is what I put, I had many problems to appear in a bed on that server, after several restarts I could appear I went to another bed and turned off the PC, I was discouraged hit me more than 20 minutes with that. The restart of the game no longer had pj. I do not remember what bed I teleported to.

201174017_elcanario.png.209ee264a816c90146dcef7eac742aef.png

The character that does not have the final "s" is the new one that I created. You can erase it if necessary to restore the other.

Seeing that he did not have a character when using rejoin, try restarting the entire computer, checking game files twice and nothing.

On 1/25/2019 at 1:38 AM, Dollie said:

Following up on character loss issue; we've fixed some cases where people were unable to connect to their characters with v15.67 and we are continuing to investigate reports. It is a priority for the team. In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment. We appreciate your patience while we work through this and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If the character you lost was the owner of your Company, please submit a support ticket here so we can have a GM assist you in regaining ownership.

If you would like to tell us the steps leading up to this occurring for you, please do so as it may be useful to our ongoing investigation. Include the Network on which you were playing at the time and the server. Please keep it concise ie: Network/Server/Steps prior the the issue:

Did you experience this:
- When logging in after a deployment
- After death
- After transition

And for those of you who managed to get your characters back, did that occur when:
- Relogging
- After death
- After transition

Thank you guys. 

Hey Dollie, it would be great if your team could add in Prompts if you accidentally hit create a new character. There is a lag spike sometimes that will force you to do this. Add in a final prompt asking you> Are you sure you would like to create a new character? note * this can not be undone. Just saying might have helped a few of us out awhile ago.

I lost the ability to select "rejoin Atlas" recently
Solved it by selecting "join new atlas" , selecting same server I was on (eg eu pvp , f4)
and I spawned into my familiar old character straight away

I was logging in to play a little bit. I got in and found two of my company ships missing.

I decided to log out and log back in. When I logged out, I found the option to log back in missing.

All I see now is log in as a new character.

This was on NA PVE Server Gorgon’s Gaze and at D11.

Edited by Uber72

I just loaded in to my game and I couldn't access my inventory, my items weren't on my hot bar and I couldn't open a door to leave the building I was in. So I closed the game and re-opened it. Now the option to rejoin atlas is gone. Only option is to join new atlas. I validated my game files twice and it did not fix it. 

18 hours ago, Uber72 said:

I was logging in to play a little bit. I got in and found two of my company ships missing.

I decided to log out and log back in. When I logged out, I found the option to log back in missing.

All I see now is log in as a new character.

This was on NA PVE Server Gorgon’s Gaze and at D11.

I am having this same issue on NA PVE D11. Rejoin atlas option is gone. And I am the owner of an island and company. Any luck getting your character back yet?

4 hours ago, Savoir_Faire said:

I am having this same issue on NA PVE D11. Rejoin atlas option is gone. And I am the owner of an island and company. Any luck getting your character back yet?

I just tried again. No luck.

Another company member of mine had this happen to him on a 2x weekend. He was able to get his char back without creating a new one after the update ending the event happened. He clicked join new, selected NA PVE, and DID NOT click create new character. I tried this last night and it tried to get me back in, I saw my items in the hotbar but screen was black. So, I am going to do as he suggested and I hope it works for you guys, too. Going to wait for the update ending the event, then click join new, go back to my normal server and NOT select create new character. I'll update here if it works. *fingers crossed* #D11Curse

**UPDATE**

I waited until the game pushed an update for ending 2x, I selected "Join New Atlas" and did NOT create a new character, just joined, and my character was there!!! Yey!! Good luck, guys!! Just make sure to not click create new character for the server you were in and hopefully it will work for you, too!

• Like 1

UPDATE

I managed to log in today.

I kept getting an error message, "Host Pending Connection Timeout" and the game would go unresponsive in task manager. So I have been closing it out and go on to other things.

Today I decided to wait. And after about 30 seconds, I got into the game.

When I logged out, I noticed the rejoin atlas option available again.

• Like 1

I'm a noobie.
All I have done is started the game. At first, I could play for about an hour before the game would crash. I'd come back and start where I left off.
But after a while, it started to crash more often until now it crashes after about 10 minutes. This last time I anticipated it crashing so I left the game and came back; my new character was there where I left off.
But then it crashed again, and when I came back it was asking for me to create a new character.
The really sad part is, at one point, when I first started playing, I went for days with the same character left the Freepost, started building on a new island, and... It crashed, and I lost everything. I had to start with a new character.
Now I play for 10 -15 minutes, it crashes, and I start all over.

I have included my Device Manager info. I'm thinking my PC just can't handle it.

12.16.2019-20.54.17

I just lost my character , spawned on a bed and it froze and kicked me off the game, after that it just said connection timeout. After the maintenance update it allowed me back on but forced me to make a new character 

New Map seems like a nice touch.... Having my character deleted again after a wipe still makes your game unplayable... Address REAL problems, and then work on gameplay in my opinion. I guess I'll check back in another year down the road.