Dollie

Character Loss (forced to create a new character) Issue

same here.. tried to fast travel back to our base,.. rejected

died and try to respawn,.. rejected

changed homeserver to I3 (never visited, was curious), worked

died again to respawn home (e7), rejected and stuck in deathscreen since then.

came back later and now stuck in the create-a-new-pathfinder-menu

bad news for companyowner and goodbye discoverys...

enjoying my videogame expierience..

Edited by Danaon

Lost character. I could not switch to another server, died, chose another home region, went to the main menu and pressed Join New Atlas. Now he writes - create a new character. Help!

On 1/25/2019 at 7:38 AM, Dollie said:

we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment. 

Hello Dollie.

I'm wondering if that means that i would be able to recover my 400+ hours character one day and if it can help to get it back if i make a ticket before i accept to create a new char ?

Thx for you time.

10 hours ago, bixby said:

Ceci est 100% incorrect. Ne faites pas cela.  

Allemand---------------Détecter la langueAfrikaansAlbanaisAllemandAmhariqueAnglaisArabeArménienAzériBasqueBengaliBiélorusseBirmanBosniaqueBulgareCatalanCebuanoChewaChinois (simplifié)Chinois (traditionnel)CingalaisCoréenCorseCréole haïtienCroateDanoisEspagnolEspérantoEstonienFinnoisFrançaisFrison occidentalGaélique écossaisGalicienGalloisGéorgienGoudjeratiGrecHaoussaHawaïenHébreuHindiHmongHongroisIgboIndonésienIrlandaisIslandaisItalienJaponaisJavanaisKannadaKazakhKhmerKirghizeKurdeLaoLatinLettonLituanienLuxembourgeoisMacédonienMalaisMalayalamMalgacheMaltaisMaoriMarathiMongolNéerlandaisNépalaisNorvégienOurdouOuzbekPachtoPendjabiPersanPolonaisPortugaisRoumainRusseSamoanSerbeShonaSindhiSlovaqueSlovèneSomaliSotho du SudSoundanaisSuédoisSwahiliTadjikTagalogTamoulTchèqueTélougouThaïTurcUkrainienVietnamienXhosaYiddishYorubaZoulouFrançais

it's better to give nothing to the players and leave them like that I understand, my technique to walk twice for me so done as you want;)

Edited by rdb

A few people in our company had this happen several times, and all in the same way.

• If you are over level 8!
  • Die in Freeport
  • Try to re spawn on the island - No bed
  • Roll the dice and hope you come back

on about 5 separate occasion this lead to the loss of a character.

For me, this manifested twice: 

1. I returned to a Freeport to pick up a friend -- I accidentally struck an Alpha pig (died), and was forced to restart as new character. I lost my company, my boat and all it's resources. I was around level 21 at the time.
    • I've since moved on, but if I ever get accidentally transported to a Freeport zone I make sure I swim offshore to 100% before I swim to the bottom to re-spawn again.
    •  (If you click re-spawn when a bed isn't available, it sends you to the Freeport server your character was bound to.) if you are over level 8, this could be a permanent death sentence.
  2. When I started a new character on the EU PVE server, I hit the level (8) cap on the Freeport island, and died from vitamin deficiency, I was forced to start a new character.

For one of our other member, version number 2 (above) happened at least three time.

I use a translator. Good afternoon, I was killed by a bull on the K2 server.

I couldn’t appear on the bed, I turned off the game, and when I wanted to enter, my character disappeared.

I play alone in the company. otvenchaet.If do not restore the company in 2 days, I will lose all resources from K5. I played 300 hours.

I had a similar problem might be possible in some cases was what i did .Died transferring zones screen was black i clicked few times as i was getting impatient screen loads im on create new character .Now freaking out so i exited game rebooted relogged in same i was on character create  screen .Hit escape back to death screen where i could choose respawn point .Apparently in my impatient clicking waiting for screen to load i hit the create new pathfinder and the only way to leave that screen is esc key .Hope this helps other impatient clickers like myself I know its not the case for everyone but wanted to throw this out there . 

Hi Atlas,
Hope this helps for the game makers:

Lost character after:
- Using the respec button to reset the skill points & Dying.
- I was at the time in the N1 region.
When relogging after I got kicked for AFK I had to make a new character.

Lets just all be patient and try to help this game with reporting the bugs etc in-game.
Not just whine about what happend, there was clearly stated that they can't do anything about it at this moment.
Lets be nice & enjoy the game with what we have, It's an Alpha game, don't expect it to be perfect.

- Greetings from the Northern Seas!
*KwiebS

Amberenix seems to enjoy asking a couple questions are a time with several days between them. At this rate i expect my issue to be resolved sometime before release.

First question: hey, you still have this issue?

I answer and few days later: can you provide company ID and base ccc.

My character has no ccc since it doesn't exist... Not sure what "base location" ccc does for you if people are built on multiple island, but I provided the information.

Now even more days pass when I'm answering within hours of the responses.

You know, THE FIRST RESPONSE could have been "are your still having this issue? If so, please provide id and ccc"

I filled the ticket out properly and thoroughly. This back and forth with following questions that you're aware need information on can all be asked up front.

Dolly and Amberenix, ffs, My character that is OWNER has been deleted for weeks by the ruins bug. I've provided amber with details on what i need done and it can even be done without me around. Get some level of competence with your GMs please.

I've tried every suggestion from trying to log in over and over and over to editing the save file with server of last location, to trying to join from a friend in different tiles, etc. Meanwhile i see dumb ass posts being left in here suggesting players create a new character and alt-f4 out after loading, ensuring the character is gone permanent.

Fix my damn ownership issue. I don't care about grinding a new character up. Just want ownership fixed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pallist said:

Amberenix seems to enjoy asking a couple questions are a time with several days between them. At this rate i expect my issue to be resolved sometime before release.

First question: hey, you still have this issue?

I answer and few days later: can you provide company ID and base ccc.

My character has no ccc since it doesn't exist... Not sure what "base location" ccc does for you if people are built on multiple island, but I provided the information.

Now even more days pass when I'm answering within hours of the responses.

You know, THE FIRST RESPONSE could have been "are your still having this issue? If so, please provide id and ccc"

I filled the ticket out properly and thoroughly. This back and forth with following questions that you're aware need information on can all be asked up front.

Dolly and Amberenix, ffs, My character that is OWNER has been deleted for weeks by the ruins bug. I've provided amber with details on what i need done and it can even be done without me around. Get some level of competence with your GMs please.

I've tried every suggestion from trying to log in over and over and over to editing the save file with server of last location, to trying to join from a friend in different tiles, etc. Meanwhile i see dumb ass posts being left in here suggesting players create a new character and alt-f4 out after loading, ensuring the character is gone permanent.

Fix my damn ownership issue. I don't care about grinding a new character up. Just want ownership fixed. 

I too am having the same issues, amberenix answered one of the 2 original tickets on " Cant Rejoin" I have given details of what was happening in my area prior to the sudden fall to ground and die, to have a sudden close of ticket for I couldn't respond back with them to let them know the issue of not being able to rejoin has not been resolved.  I have been messaged back by Dollie and that they were taking over amberenix ticket, and was told by dollie that my character of almost level 40 was gone. I didn't go and remake, I asked what has happened to my base, pet pen and large, small shipsyards with ships in them? That was 5 days ago, never got a response back from dollie as of yet. I can grind 40 levels again if the Devs are incapable of fixing the lost character, but I want my base back, its location and all the supplies I spent over 300 hours acquiring. This should be a simple fix , I am a solo player and that's a lot of hours to get what I had done. Why cant they provide a raft, metal tools, simple gear at freeport and preserve my location or provide another location to set up base again if someone has already claimed my area and that will become an issue with them...Name it  .. " the Island of the lost"  and help us get started again..... why cant they give me premade stuctures , forge ect ect to replace my lost when I get to the site of my base? it really is a win win situation if we all can work together. 

My character is owner and missing.

If i create a new character:

1. Does it delete my old character from company roster?

2. Who becomes owner?

My char been bugged a week ago, i made a new one, and my old char is still in company roaster  @Pallist

Also made a ticket to ask if they can give me back my FoY buff at least on my new char ... still waiting for answer.

GL doomed char loss mates 😉

57 minutes ago, kalia said:

My char been bugged a week ago, i made a new one, and my old char is still in company roaster  @Pallist

Also made a ticket to ask if they can give me back my FoY buff at least on my new char ... still waiting for answer.

GL doomed char loss mates 😉

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I sorta expected that result since the servers lost all track of the character.

Hey @Dollie @AmberEnix, please transfer company owner like I requested.

Edited by Pallist

I have been waiting for 6 days, technical support has not even answered once.

I understand that this is the alpha version but do not forget about the players who gave you their money for your project.

Aye, have been wating 6 days now(today) aswell. So either they are having a long break, overload with tickets and/or trying to resolve in another(?) way.

Either way, a reply "we are on it" "let me get back to you" or an official "we have a large amount of tickets to handle at this time, expect x-days +/-" would be a nice notice ^^

@Dollie @AmberEnix I have now made 3x tickets (1'st one 31/1) and they have now all been REMOVED and UNRESOLVED! (company ownership issue due to my character not being available and having been forced to create a new pathfinder our company stands without ownership).

PLEASE could I/we have a wee bit of assistance with this issue to get it resolved.

Edited by Magne

I just tried to fast travel from my base on my private server to a ship in another grid and it prompted me to create a new pathfinder  

@Dollie @AmberEnix

My ticket was closed unresolved.

I NEED OWNERSHIP TRANSFERRED TO A NEW CHARACTER.

Caps lock because I'm baffled at this point. You  created a thread of how request help for ownership issues then closed the ticket without fixing it.

2 hours ago, Pallist said:

@Dollie @AmberEnix

My ticket was closed unresolved.

I NEED OWNERSHIP TRANSFERRED TO A NEW CHARACTER.

Caps lock because I'm baffled at this point. You  created a thread of how request help for ownership issues then closed the ticket without fixing it.

I have the EXACT same issue!

First ticket sent on the 31'st, now 4 tickets after (and they are closed and unresolved!) nothing have happened.

To put it out in plain words: WHAT THE F*CK!

compowner.jpg

compclosed.jpg

Edited by Magne
more information

I didn't loose my account completely, but 2 hours ago when I logged in and dead to get back to my base, I found that MY LEVEL LIMIT WAS REDUCED FROM 64 TO 61 and ONE OF THE ACTIVATED POWER STONE WAS LOST!!! Plus, my character lever also dropped from 63 to 61 due to the lever limitation suffer. Would you please fix it?

I was on Kraken's Maw in H6 doing a map. It showed to be on the top of one of the towers. I was climbing picking to the top and when I almost made it to the top, my screen went black. It said I died. I was tired of the death runs (we were under prepared and trying to just death zerg to the location for hours as it was a long travel). I went to spawn back at my base of operations (in another zone) and it disconnected me. It told people online that I left the company. All I get is a character creation screen. They sent me a screenshot. I have played....according to steam nearly 900 hours. Please don't let this be the end of me. Haha.

huh.jpg

On 2/10/2019 at 8:22 AM, Magne said:

I have the EXACT same issue!

First ticket sent on the 31'st, now 4 tickets after (and they are closed and unresolved!) nothing have happened.

To put it out in plain words: WHAT THE F*CK!

compowner.jpg

compclosed.jpg

I lucked out. Saw Jat join the server to do whatever dev stuff he must have been doing and luckily caught his attention in global. 

He commented he wasn't sure why the ticket was closed without it being fixed... 

I'm leaving ownership on the second account i purchased and I'm just never going to touch it unless needed. 

2 hours ago, Drewlbucket said:

I was on Kraken's Maw in H6 doing a map. It showed to be on the top of one of the towers. I was climbing picking to the top and when I almost made it to the top, my screen went black. It said I died. I was tired of the death runs (we were under prepared and trying to just death zerg to the location for hours as it was a long travel). I went to spawn back at my base of operations (in another zone) and it disconnected me. It told people online that I left the company. All I get is a character creation screen. They sent me a screenshot. I have played....according to steam nearly 900 hours. Please don't let this be the end of me. Haha.

huh.jpg

Some interesting new info. I sometimes play on my laptop, but primarily on my desktop. On my desktop it sends me to a character creation screen after showing a freeport as my region for the new character. On my laptop it shows NO region and gets stuck on the splash scream (primal game data or whatever).

Can someone straight up answer me, I am experiencing the same tickets instant closed thing and curious as to if they ever fix this for people? Perhaps give at least the fountain of youth/powerstones back? Should I go ahead and create a new character - suck it up?

Today my friend get strange issue. Now he is 47 lvl and 100 years old. ( ~60 discovery ). Before death it was 67 years, 61 level and 250+ discovery. SteamID 76561198026720614. Can u explain that character rollback?

P/S Sorry for my English.

Edited by HP61Rus