Dollie

Character Loss (forced to create a new character) Issue

Lost at zone transfer at same time servers seem to crash.  

Two things occur: instead of zoning you default to a respawn screen, but are unable to see or select the boat you were on.  If that happens, you usually cannot spawn anywhere, and are forced to do a new character in order to play.

The ship you were on is often lost entirely as if it has been deleted. No message in log.

I was at my base in a lawless region harvesting/building because of the 2x. My game randomly started crashing *only after update did it start crashing* After the second or third game crash I could no longer rejoin the server, my only option is to create a new character. Also while I was able to play, after the update everything was extremely laggy and rubberbanding. Server ping was less than 100 usually around 70-80 and it's not my pc causing the issues as no other games have issues (9900K 5.2Ghz/32GB 4000Mhz/2080Ti)

Patch 16.21 Hasn't resolved the issue for me; Still no option to reconnect. 
https://imgur.com/a/j2XbSwy

Edited by NobleToker
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 5:56 AM, Sea Hag said:

Does this mean I am without a base and shipyards ect . now if I create a new character? Or can I build a quick raft and go back and reclaim everything?

If you are a solo player, submit a ticket and a GM will help you get your Company back. 

So our company owner had this happen. Is there anyway to transfer ownership of the company to another admin?

On 1/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, Dollie said:

If you are a solo player, submit a ticket and a GM will help you get your Company back. 

I did Have NOT received a response to the ticket at all.  Just hope response is before 3 day timer is up or that is 400+ hours down the drain. Ticket #5475

EDIT:

I have been able to reconnect to my old account. Went to create new character; choose nearest Freeport for spawn location from previous character. Upon loading in it loaded into my old character. 

Note it played the entire new character texts when loaded all 10 of them.

Edited by NobleToker

i just did fresh install of game now cant log into server and no option play my old guy this sucks

19 hours ago, Dollie said:

Thank you for the response, I am a solo player. On Friday Jan 25, 2019 I received an answer to a ticket I submitted on Tuesday Jan 22, 2019 I am currently working with them to get this fixed and hopefully for all whos affected including the devs and their team. 

• Like 1

NA PVP Kraken's Maw - logged in somewhere in the sea right between two severs, I 'believe' E2 and E3? I killed myself to respawn at base and discovered there was a huge server transfer issue where no one could move from the server they logged in on. For 2+ hours I attempted to simply 'rejoin atlas' and on one of the attempts, it threw me to the 'create new character screen' and I have been there ever since. 

The ONLY thing different I had done was a suggestion from teammates to go to steam right click the atlas game, go to properties, go to verify integrity of game files. I was showing 1 file with an issue but did not know what to do from there. I was told it would fix itself but I have done the same thing since and I still show: 'one  file failed to validate and will be re-acquired'.  

No clue if any of this is related or important but this is all that happened before losing my character. 

• Like 1

Wish I could get a new character, because of the age on PVE it sucks! Can't get a ride and can't get the wind to find the stupid fountain. 

Edited by Jay8454
typo

Yep, lost my character.  Was in j4 farming mats when Windows 10 Bsod'd.  Had to reinstall everything.  Came back as I heard that my company was under attack and no character.  I tried to create a new character but it won't even let me choose the region.  I have verified the steam files twice now.  At least, please let me create a new character.  :(

1 hour ago, Abby said:

I lost my character when i travel to another map.

the only choice i had was to create a new player. no option to rejoin my charater.

but i have my character back 🙂 i follow the instruktion from this guy : https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/1741106440024820554/

hope it help you all too

That textfile isnt empty for me unfortunayly so didnt solve it for me =/ still waiting for admins to find a solution.. really sad that they dont care about the players thats still here and willing to play even with all the bugs and bad updates =/ been a week.. havnt heard a word..

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

still waiting for admins to find a solution.. been a week.. havnt heard a word..

They clearly stated that they don't give a shit about your character and that they will not recover it.

They will try to fix the bug (hopefully, at some point, for future players), but they won't spend time recovering you character.

You are just a number in a lot of players, no matter if you wasted hours on it and they destroyed it with an update, they don't care.

You have to farm it from scratch.

Or quit the game and never look back.

Look I get this game is in Alpha. Really I do. But if your going to have a game for players to invest in, you need to care for those players.

Again, Our company "owner" had the delete thing happen. Now we can no longer Merge our company due to this issue. Were all admins of the company but that doesn't help. Can we PLEASE get one of our members assigned as owner. 

Appears my character has been deleted due to this bug. To Dollie's question, it happened right after both a server transfer and a death.

Here's what happened:

• farmed for several hours on my main server
  • two minor patches, including server restarts and client update
  • kept farming for about an hour
  • teleported to place a claim in another server
  • teleported back home
  • was spawned inside structure geometry (stone floors) so deep I couldn't see anything
  • waited to die
  • brought to "Create a new character" dialog

Is all hope lost?

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:02 PM, Dollie said:

Hi Dollie, I heard back from AmberEnix on the ticket I submitted. I am so confused by the response, they went in another direction and closed ticket for I could not respond while never addressing my concerns of not being able to rejoin which the subject title  " Cant rejoin game" I left info and screenshot links for them to see the area and base of what I was not able to rejoin again and continue to play the game. I feel now that I am not being provided the service of the product I purchased 3 weeks prior the incident. Is this now an issue to be taken up with steam since I purchased and paid for the game from there website? Thanks and looking forward to a reply.

20 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Hi Dollie, I heard back from AmberEnix on the ticket I submitted. I am so confused by the response, they went in another direction and closed ticket for I could not respond while never addressing my concerns of not being able to rejoin which the subject title  " Cant rejoin game" I left info and screenshot links for them to see the area and base of what I was not able to rejoin again and continue to play the game. I feel now that I am not being provided the service of the product I purchased 3 weeks prior the incident. Is this now an issue to be taken up with steam since I purchased and paid for the game from there website? Thanks and looking forward to a reply.

I've looked over your ticket. There seems to be some confusion, yes. I'll DM you and assist you in regaining access to your Company.

Did you experience this:
- After transition - PvE Hydra's Den - transferring via bed to another server, map turned to green then kicked to main menu, did not have a "rejoin atlas" button

Server had been lagging a bit, other persons in company also had a "hiccup" every 3 seconds or so. Have sent in a ticket regarding this. Should I create a new character or hold off?

EU PVE / C4 / Can't get on my character after trying to fast travel to a bed in A4, and when I try to join a freeport I found I can only create a new character.

Please get my character back as soon as possible. Thanks.

1 hour ago, kalia said:

EU PVE / C4 / Can't get on my character after trying to fast travel to a bed in A4, and when I try to join a freeport I found I can only create a new character.

Please get my character back as soon as possible. Thanks.

i have the same problem.. 

2 hours ago, rdb said:

I have found a way to recover the old character, recreate a character then you must die and then do alt f4. at reconnection you may find the old character, if it does not renew the operation (dsl for my English)

That sounds entirely too risky. Especially for owner characters.

3 hours ago, rdb said:

I have found a way to recover the old character, recreate a character then you must die and then do alt f4. at reconnection you may find the old character, if it does not renew the operation (dsl for my English)

This is 100% incorrect. Do not do this.