Dollie

Character Loss (forced to create a new character) Issue

"we are continuing to investigate reports. It is a priority for the team. In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment"

4 minutes ago, cryptolocker said:

"we are continuing to investigate reports. It is a priority for the team. In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment"

Does this mean I am without a base and shipyards ect . now if I create a new character? Or can I build a quick raft and go back and reclaim everything?

3 minutes ago, 770 said:

So many keys?   

I most certainly didn't make a post in mandarin or whatever you quoted there.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Does this mean I am without a base and shipyards ect . now if I create a new character? Or can I build a quick raft and go back and reclaim everything?

no, but it is unlikely your stuff is still intact if you were solo and there was no one in your company to invite you back in. Probably raided/sunk by now.

12 hours ago, Dollie said:

Following up on character loss issue; we've fixed some cases where people were unable to connect to their characters with v15.67 and we are continuing to investigate reports. It is a priority for the team. In the interim, we recommend creating a new character if you are still effected as we cannot restore them at the moment. We appreciate your patience while we work through this and we're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

If the character you lost was the owner of your Company, please submit a support ticket here so we can have a GM assist you in regaining ownership.

If you would like to tell us the steps leading up to this occurring for you, please do so as it may be useful to our ongoing investigation. Include the Network on which you were playing at the time and the server. Please keep it concise ie: Network/Server/Steps prior the the issue:

Did you experience this:
- When logging in after a deployment
- After death
- After transition

And for those of you who managed to get your characters back, did that occur when:
- Relogging
- After death
- After transition

Thank you guys. 

Network Na PVP/ Server H7/ 

In the morning on the 22nd, and I tried to set a new home server. It did not work and returned message of "Travel failed" unable to start transfer". I didn't think much of it and logged off at my companies base. I came home at 3 the same day and logged in, only to be kicked into character creation screen, while my body was still sleeping at my companies base.

I experienced this not by death, or transition, but logging in later on in the day, there may have been a patch, I am not 100% sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cryptolocker said:

I most certainly didn't make a post in mandarin or whatever you quoted there.

no, but it is unlikely your stuff is still intact if you were solo and there was no one in your company to invite you back in. Probably raided/sunk by now.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I think I will wait until Dollie and the devs research this. I gave the info of what happened in F12 after the update and logging in after being gone for 24 hours, and hope it helps the team and players involved.. 

So I've found out the issue I have is a battleeye issue causing my CP to turn off while loading atlas, I uninstalled battleeye and im reinstalling , I was able to load and play unofficial fine but when I load my actual main insta crash, if the uninstall works I will let you all know!

• Like 1

When anyone in my clan gets this bug i tell them not to create the character but to relog as it appears to think you are a new character and give you that screen or the option to create new character . when you relog sometimes you have to do it a couple of times ,it then links back up with your char and you can log in as normal.This solution has worked every time so far for us.Hope that helps

• Like 1

Uninstalling battle eye and reinstalling didn't help, hopefully version 16 does the trick

• Like 1

Do you want an empty respawn area?) Simple! At the very end of the video!
Want to be an unexpected place? Easy!
Accidentally teleport to the same place? Easy!

• Like 1

Tomorrow I will continue to test. I hope to record the moment when the new character creation screen appears.

• Like 1

Was playing on EU PVP A5 when the server starts lagging and i had an Timeout. After that Me and my two freinds cant rejoin and are forced to create new. Please give us our Chars back when possible

Hello - im not sure if the char loss issue is the same as what im experiencing. if it is - ill be sure to make a new character and let others know to do the same. 

6 of us on a boat transitioning from G2-G1, disconnect on transition. 

For a day the game told us that we were transferring servers and there was an error - and we could not get on. Today after patch its basically a time out loop, where we arew on load screen, looping timeout boxes, and brings us to spawn screen where we pic places to spawn and are brought back to load screen timeout. 

Ive had to force quit program because it continues without stopping or stopping when told. 

Basically - am I making a new character? Can I get restored, or just move on? 

11 minutes ago, Ghar Drakbear said:

Hello - im not sure if the char loss issue is the same as what im experiencing. if it is - ill be sure to make a new character and let others know to do the same. 

6 of us on a boat transitioning from G2-G1, disconnect on transition. 

For a day the game told us that we were transferring servers and there was an error - and we could not get on. Today after patch its basically a time out loop, where we arew on load screen, looping timeout boxes, and brings us to spawn screen where we pic places to spawn and are brought back to load screen timeout. 

Ive had to force quit program because it continues without stopping or stopping when told. 

Basically - am I making a new character? Can I get restored, or just move on? 

According to reports, there is practically no chance of recovery.

Three days have passed. But even the tickets are not read. I think it’s faster to create a new one and to get a new level.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Asc said:

According to reports, there is practically no chance of recovery.

Three days have passed. But even the tickets are not read. I think it’s faster to create a new one and to get a new level.

Funny enough when I try to make a new character - I get the error for "traveling between servers" 

I cant even make a new char :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by Ghar Drakbear

I logged in on the 19th probably around 7pm est. i cut down 2 trees gathered some acai and got booted server time out or something and my rejoin button never came back. i own our company

Gawtcha Montoya of Gawtcha Booty Co.

NA PVE Hydra's den

my character still shows up in the company directory. (my husband checked)

Edited by Gawtcha
  • Like 1

Ahoy Pathfinder,

I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your character this way. I can understand how devastating this feels and at this time I wish I was able to bring your character back but I sadly am unable to at this time. Please know we are looking into this issue so we can prevent it from occurring again. Here are some options you can try to retrieve your character back that has sometimes worked for other players:

Option A. Try logging onto another network IP (like switching to wifi)

Option B. Have another player move your body to a freeport, select the same freeport to spawn into it and it log in.
Option C. Back up local save, uninstall/reinstall Atlas, then try to relog.

Hopefully in the near future we will be able to offer more support with this and prevent it all together. Pathfinder, please know that I appreciate your patience and time and feel free to reach out to us in the near future should you have any questions or concerns in the near future!

Went to a free port to recruit a new member of the tribe. I wasn't able to spawn into free port or any beds after. Restarted the game and was prompted to the character creation screen. This all happened 3 or 4 days ago when the fountain of youth was released in Official NA PVP.

• Like 1

Died to a croc , respawn back to my home grid , end up on someone else ship , die again , try to respawn but this time it took me to make new char option .

• Like 1

I had this issue, but I closed the game and closed Steam, re logged and my character was back. One of my mates had this problem (the owner of the company) and we had to create a new company (that's why I didn't want to create a new character because I knew I would lose it).

Looks like a desync maybe?

3 hours ago, kampfer91 said:

I press rejoin but it still lead me to the char creation , is it over for me ?

Yes

They deal with problems. But they need a lot of time to figure out the reason. With the characters removed, it took several days to make major corrections. It helps a lot when you record a video as an error appears, the moment it appears and send (attach) a link to the video. This greatly speeds up the process.

• Like 1

On NA PVP server, traveling to G server freeport i got glitch  when the teleport did not work't, i restart the game still nothing works, i verified files and it said to make new character. Then made character went to freeport in which i been once and it teleported to sea saying i cant travel to any where. So now i lost 200 hours, 25 euro and 50 lvl. And i am not only one, thats the funny thing. When i try'd to contact with support, they refuse to help, saying game is still in alpha. Thanks!

What if you can't get to a create new character screen? No matter what login I click it goes to a black screen and then I get booted about 5 minutes later saying host pending connection time out. I would have gladly creating a new character a week ago if it would let me.

After v16.14 update I was bugged "endlessly falling" on a raft. Died after a while.

Tried to 'respawn at home server' 2 or 3 times, restarted client, now I'm stuck at the 'Create new pathfinder' page when I try to login.

My Crewmates still see my character in the company.

I'd don't think telling people to create a new character and start over after they've spent 100+ hours in game and the dev f-up an update can be considered okay...

• Like 1